Flat open toed sandles for dinner

runner2013

Ok ladies

Here's my quandary. I have a nice pair of 3 inch 'fancy' sandals I was going to wear with my dress on formal night. (we're doing my time dining if that makes a difference)I don't have the best ankles and wanted to wear a pair of flats instead. To describe them: They are flat-no heels- with a leather thong piece between my big toe and 2nd toe, and there is a strap going completely around my calf with a buckle at the ankle. Would these be appropriate? I think I should be o.k. but figured I'd run it by everyone here just to be sure. We're on Royal Caribbean if it matters as well.

Thanks everyone for you help

Ok ladies

Here's my quandary. I have a nice pair of 3 inch 'fancy' sandals I was going to wear with my dress on formal night. (we're doing my time dining if that makes a difference)I don't have the best ankles and wanted to wear a pair of flats instead. To describe them: They are flat-no heels- with a leather thong piece between my big toe and 2nd toe, and there is a strap going completely around my calf with a buckle at the ankle. Would these be appropriate? I think I should be o.k. but figured I'd run it by everyone here just to be sure. We're on Royal Caribbean if it matters as well.

Sounds like a version of Gladiator sandals.....sounds fine to me.

I don't wear them but I see nothing wrong with wearing them to

dinner. Oh, I have plenty of flat sandals though:)

Due to a simple foot surgery gone terribly wrong, and after 3 corrective surgeries I can't wear closed shoes. I can't wear anything with a heel, so that leaves me with open toe flats. I've found what others have said...no one really pays attention to what you wear on your feet. Go comfy, you will be just fine.

I have a pair of black patent leather, flat, gladiator sandals that I've worn on formal nights on at least my last three cruises. I wear them all the time on land to go out to dinner. I don't know what I'll do when/if they wear out as I love them. They're cool:cool: and very, very comfortable. I think you'll do fine with yours!:D

Have an awesome cruise!

To the gals saying no one will notice or look at your shoes, don't you believe it! I absolutely love shoes and look at everyones:D

I do enjoy looking at everyone's shoes too, but would much rather be comfortable, especially if I'm having a few drinks..

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advise!!

To the gals saying no one will notice or look at your shoes, don't you believe it! I absolutely love shoes and look at everyones:D

Yeah me too!:D My DS's girlfriend and I love shoes so we're always commenting on other people's shoes, even guy's shoes. But both of us are of the belief that "If you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything." So we never dis other's choices.

Yep, I absolutely notice shoes, as well as bags, jewelry, clothing, etc. I'm a people watcher. It's about the only thing I like about being in crowds:p

Just because I *notice* what you're wearing doesn't mean I'm judging you badly for it! I wear clothing that is comfortable to me, clean & neat, and fits my style. I would hope that everyone else does the same - and our styles are not going to be the same, nor would what "comfortable" means to us be the same. How dull would that be:D

Yep, I absolutely notice shoes, as well as bags, jewelry, clothing, etc. I'm a people watcher. It's about the only thing I like about being in crowds:p

Just because I *notice* what you're wearing doesn't mean I'm judging you badly for it! I wear clothing that is comfortable to me, clean & neat, and fits my style. I would hope that everyone else does the same - and our styles are not going to be the same, nor would what "comfortable" means to us be the same. How dull would that be:D

Another people watcher here! I love to see people having a good time. There are times I see what is eye catching when I have to wonder about choices, but usually it will be the woman barely able to walk in 5 inch or higher platform shoes. But then I remember I wore 5 inch platform shoes in the 70's. I'd never do that to myself again :p

To the OP, your shoes will be fine.

Edited by Happy ks

I'm a people water too. Sometimes my bf and I will watch a couple and then give them a funny 'life' based on what we see. :D

Not being mean, it's all in fun.

I'm sure there will be people checking out my shoes, as well as my dress and purse, etc. I don't mind. I do it too and sometimes get some cute fashion ideas from it.

I'm going with the flats and wearing them proudly...

Good for you Runner2013!

Wear your flats and do your thing!:D

I know, sometimes when people on the boards say..."Don't worry, you'll never see those people again." and/or "People don't notice what you wear or care." I'd like to say, "That's not always true!" Because guess what...sometimes you do see those people again! LOL! And sometimes they do care about what you wear. I remember an incident when the DH and I were visiting one of our BFF's in a nearby city. We had gone shopping and then back to our friend's house for dinner. He had invited a couple of women he knew that were neighbors of his but that we didn't know. When the women met me the were like..."Oh, we saw you shopping on 2nd street earlier today. We commented on how much we loved your hat and black espadrilles. Where did you get your hat?" We became instant buddies.:D That's only one example of..."yes" people do notice what you wear...and "yes" you may see people again.

Edited by mousey

People do remember what's important, the really ugly or the really pretty (to them)

Only a few outfits over the years stand out-- 'band aid' sized bikinis, the illusion of dust, tiara/tutu/cowboy combos. The zebra striped purse and the hair that matched. The beautiful cream and white gown, the tuxes and the brides

Of course the more odd the outfit the more likely it will be remembered.

Not too many in over 30 cruises.

Ok ladies

Wear what makes you happy! Who cares what others think. Seriously. If you think they look good, then where them. If you aren't sure, then show cleavage and no one will look at your shoes. Snort.