New internet packages on Independence of the Seas

Daghis

I've not seen mention of this before, but it seems that there are new internet packages on Independence of the Seas, similar to what's offered on Oasis and Allure.

They're now offering unlimited internet for $190 for one concurrent device, and $230 for two concurrent devices. The list of packages that they offered are shown in the two screenshots below.

Also, they've added a coupon for Diamond members. In addition to 20% off an internet package, Diamond members also get 60 minutes of free internet. Of course, if you're going to buy an unlimited package, it's rather redundant to get a free hour; it did allow me to try the internet and gauge its speed/performance before buying the package, though.

I can say that I was able to Skype with video successfully. It worked rather well.

erujedan.jpg

egaseheg.jpg

I've not seen mention of this before, but it seems that there are new internet packages on Independence of the Seas, similar to what's offered on Oasis and Allure.

They're now offering unlimited internet for $190 for one concurrent device, and $230 for two concurrent devices. The list of packages that they offered are shown in the two screenshots below.

Also, they've added a coupon for Diamond members. In addition to 20% off an internet package, Diamond members also get 60 minutes of free internet. Of course, if you're going to buy an unlimited package, it's rather redundant to get a free hour; it did allow me to try the internet and gauge its speed/performance before buying the package, though.

I can say that I was able to Skype with video successfully. It worked rather well.

I think you mean for the cabin with 2? 30 minutes PP

Thanks for the update Marc. It looks like they are still allowing a "per minute" option, with the $30 for 60 minutes. That would help some folks who just want to check email occasionally throughout the cruise.

I think you mean for the cabin with 2? 30 minutes PP

No, I actually meant 60 minutes for me. My travel companion is Emerald and doesn't have a per-minute internet discount. He does get 15% off a package (only).

The (electronic) coupons for internet that I have are:

(2511) FREE 1 hour of Internet usage or $29.95 off any Internet Package.

(2505) Buy an internet package and receive 20% OFF.

(Discount will automatically be applied to your SeaPass account within 48 hours of purchase)

Thanks for the update Marc. It looks like they are still allowing a "per minute" option, with the $30 for 60 minutes. That would help some folks who just want to check email occasionally throughout the cruise.

There's another option that's not available to wi-fi users. In the internet cafe, there's another option which is 30 (continuous) minutes usable right then for something like $15-20. That might be good for people who just want to check their e-mail once and don't have to use their own device on the wi-fi.

How nice that they increased the free minutes from 30 to 60.:D

Edited by cruisenfever

Pinnacles get 2 hrs free. We were on March 1 when they went to this new system/ pricing. If buy a package, as a Pinnacle, amount decreased by $59.95 (discount).

Seatravelers, did you happen to see what D+ gets? and I guess 2 hrs was for the two of you combined?

Thanks

Raina

Thanks. That would be perfect....is there a timer to keep track of used hours?

Yes, if you choose the "per minute" plan, you get timed from the time you log in until the time you logoff It's important to logoff and not just disconnect, because your connect time may continue to accumulate.

Yes, if you choose the "per minute" plan, you get timed from the time you log in until the time you logoff It's important to logoff and not just disconnect, because your connect time may continue to accumulate.

Under the new system, you must type "logoff.com" in the address to actually disconnect from being further charged. I learned this the hard way on Allure.

Under the new system, you must type "logoff.com" in the address to actually disconnect from being further charged. I learned this the hard way on Allure.

They don't offer to bookmark the logoff URL anymore? That will make it much less convenient.

Edited by clarea

They don't offer to bookmark the logoff URL anymore? That will make it much less convenient.

No kidding!

Good to know the process now...but this could cause lots of folks to need to negotiate their bills at the end of their cruise if they failed to do this the new way...I wonder if they'll somehow document this when you sign into the service onboard or else the cabin documentation.

Note to self to check this on INDY coming up. Glad the info was shared.

No, I actually meant 60 minutes for me. My travel companion is Emerald and doesn't have a per-minute internet discount. He does get 15% off a package (only).

The (electronic) coupons for internet that I have are:

will keep a look out. Found the wifi didn't always turn off properly and got charged for time not used.