Eurodam 3/2/14 - 3/16/14 review

GRACECRUISE

We drove from TN to Ft Lauderdale. Prepaid for parking at Park & Go. Great value. They loaded luggage and took us straight to the ship.

Embarkation was a breeze. Health questionnaire is now one per cabin. That was nice. We are 4 star and they sent us right upstairs to wait for boarding. About 10 minutes later we were on board. We followed the Jazz Charter and rooms were not ready when we got on. 15 minutes later they announced rooms were ready and luggage was dropped off.

We were in 1005. Room was perfect for all 3 of us. Lots of storage and the sofa opened up to a large bed. Before lunch we got our lunch tamarind reservations in order.

Dining room was open for lunch and was busy. Two had fried chicken and one had Mango chicken salad. All was delicious. Luggage was in room after lunch so we could be unpacked prior to sail away.

The service in Main Dining Room for dinner went quite quickly each night. Our servers were great. One was leaving after the first week to get married so he could not stop smiling. Some of the Main Dining Room highlights were Shrimp and Grits, Pot Roast and Lobster. Some of desserts we enjoyed were the Pumpkin Chocolate Cake, Calypso Pie (Coffee ice cream topped with fudge on a chocolate cookie crust, and Red Velvet Cake.

We did lunch and dinner in Tamarind. Both were exceptional. We had two dinners in Canaletto. The next menu is great. I have pictures of Canaletto dishes that I will post. Great Italian.

We also had dinner once in the Pinnacle. The amuse bouche was the mushroom soup cappuccino. That is my favorite. They offered me a whole bowl but it is so rich. The new Double R beef was unbelievable. I worried about the change from the Sterling and how my dad would react. He loves his steak. He could not get over how much better it was. We both had the Rib Eye and ate way too much of it!

Breakfast and lunch were in the Lido. We had the best omelet makers in Jackson and Melvin. Of course the raisin buns were to die for. Lunch from the Dive In was so good. The burgers and the chicken sandwiches were way too good. The Nathan hot dogs were addictive.

They did have a red carpet Oscar party on Oscar Sunday. It was in the Queens Lounge and they had great food. The chicken strips and fried Brie were excellent.

Nightly entertainment was ok. The cast did 4 shows. They were fair to good but some of some selections seemed odd. Many complained that they did not know the songs. More current than older songs in our four shows. Recycled Percussion and the Steel Drum Musical Experience Island Magic were FANTASTIC. They were amazing. Julie Barr was very good and quite funny. Here was another comedian and juggler who were just ok.

The crew was fantastic. Our Captain was Henk Keijer. He was quite approachable and friendly. He is married to the Future Cruise Consultant Alexis who was very sweet. The Cruise Director was JT Watters. He and Julie Barr together were hilarious. We would defiantly tell that the ships compliment was a reflection of the Captain.

This was one of our shorter cruises but also one of the best. It was a great atmosphere all over the ship. We hated we only booked it for 2 weeks!

Thank you for the review! We will be sailing the Eurodam for the first time in July. :) Love "Island Magic" too, they're fantastic!

Did you have fixed dining or open? I hope Jackson and Melvin will still be making those omelets in July. Some are definitely better than others. :D

Glad to hear this was one of your better cruises!

We drove from TN to Ft Lauderdale. Prepaid for parking at Park & Go. Great value. They loaded luggage and took us straight to the ship.

Embarkation was a breeze. Health questionnaire is now one per cabin. That was nice. We are 4 star and they sent us right upstairs to wait for boarding. About 10 minutes later we were on board. We followed the Jazz Charter and rooms were not ready when we got on. 15 minutes later they announced rooms were ready and luggage was dropped off.

We were in 1005. Room was perfect for all 3 of us. Lots of storage and the sofa opened up to a large bed. Before lunch we got our lunch tamarind reservations in order.

Dining room was open for lunch and was busy. Two had fried chicken and one had Mango chicken salad. All was delicious. Luggage was in room after lunch so we could be unpacked prior to sail away.

The service in Main Dining Room for dinner went quite quickly each night. Our servers were great. One was leaving after the first week to get married so he could not stop smiling. Some of the Main Dining Room highlights were Shrimp and Grits, Pot Roast and Lobster. Some of desserts we enjoyed were the Pumpkin Chocolate Cake, Calypso Pie (Coffee ice cream topped with fudge on a chocolate cookie crust, and Red Velvet Cake.

We did lunch and dinner in Tamarind. Both were exceptional. We had two dinners in Canaletto. The next menu is great. I have pictures of Canaletto dishes that I will post. Great Italian.

We also had dinner once in the Pinnacle. The amuse bouche was the mushroom soup cappuccino. That is my favorite. They offered me a whole bowl but it is so rich. The new Double R beef was unbelievable. I worried about the change from the Sterling and how my dad would react. He loves his steak. He could not get over how much better it was. We both had the Rib Eye and ate way too much of it!

Breakfast and lunch were in the Lido. We had the best omelet makers in Jackson and Melvin. Of course the raisin buns were to die for. Lunch from the Dive In was so good. The burgers and the chicken sandwiches were way too good. The Nathan hot dogs were addictive.

They did have a red carpet Oscar party on Oscar Sunday. It was in the Queens Lounge and they had great food. The chicken strips and fried Brie were excellent.

Nightly entertainment was ok. The cast did 4 shows. They were fair to good but some of some selections seemed odd. Many complained that they did not know the songs. More current than older songs in our four shows. Recycled Percussion and the Steel Drum Musical Experience Island Magic were FANTASTIC. They were amazing. Julie Barr was very good and quite funny. Here was another comedian and juggler who were just ok.

The crew was fantastic. Our Captain was Henk Keijer. He was quite approachable and friendly. He is married to the Future Cruise Consultant Alexis who was very sweet. The Cruise Director was JT Watters. He and Julie Barr together were hilarious. We would defiantly tell that the ships compliment was a reflection of the Captain.

This was one of our shorter cruises but also one of the best. It was a great atmosphere all over the ship. We hated we only booked it for 2 weeks!

Funny, there was a 'Melvin' in the Lido on the Ryndam, Feb. 16 to Mar.2! He was extremely personable & very good at breakfast prep! :) Also, he was at the 'Sandwich Station' at lunch! I wonder if he is the same 'Melvin'? :confused:

We had late dinner seating table of 4. We did linger some nights but easily made shows. Shows were 7, 8:30 and 10.

I did not get internet this time. I heard it was slow. I looked through the programs and they do not list the prices of the packages.

Melvin and Jackson were the port side omelet makers ( and there was a big difference between them and the other side.) They would have a line while the other side was empty.

We had late dinner seating table of 4. We did linger some nights but easily made shows. Shows were 7, 8:30 and 10.

I did not get internet this time. I heard it was slow. I looked through the programs and they do not list the prices of the packages.

Melvin and Jackson were the port side omelet makers ( and there was a big difference between them and the other side.) They would have a line while the other side was empty.

Thanks! I've never thought to try the omelets on both sides, great idea. :)

Interesting that you had 3 shows a night, we've always just had 2. Sure would make it more convenient.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We are sailing her in a few days and love your meal/dessert suggestions. Did you purchase any internet time? If so, how much was it and how slow/fast was it?

I took a picture of the prices but it's at home.

We got 100 minutes for $55 (the smallest plan).

Speed depends on your location. Most connections in cabin are crawling. The balconies are worse. Best bet is to go to a public space - I had good connections in the Lido and Explorations Cafe areas.

By "good connections" be warned... it's not DSL speed. More like dial up if you remember what that was like.

After being connected for almost 20 min the first day - the first email still hadn't gone out. I went up to the Explorations and complained. She credited me back the 20 min and I was able to send from there.

There were no internet happy hours that I had in trips past... ie between this time and that time - you only get charged for 1/2 the time you are connected.

With wifi easily available in most port resturants etc, we had more than enough time to touch base with home.

I took a picture of the prices but it's at home.

We got 100 minutes for $55 (the smallest plan).

Speed depends on your location. Most connections in cabin are crawling. The balconies are worse. Best bet is to go to a public space - I had good connections in the Lido and Explorations Cafe areas.

By "good connections" be warned... it's not DSL speed. More like dial up if you remember what that was like.

After being connected for almost 20 min the first day - the first email still hadn't gone out. I went up to the Explorations and complained. She credited me back the 20 min and I was able to send from there.

There were no internet happy hours that I had in trips past... ie between this time and that time - you only get charged for 1/2 the time you are connected.

With wifi easily available in most port resturants etc, we had more than enough time to touch base with home.

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it. My husband is following the stock market and doesn't feel he can be away from it for too long!!

Jane

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it. My husband is following the stock market and doesn't feel he can be away from it for too long!!

Jane

MSNBC and another financial channel (FOX?) are on the TV for current info! I guess you would have to use wireless for trades though!