Black Diamond Crown & Anchor Society Tier???

would the points required for BD be 500?

I'm guessing 350, assuming PC stays at 700, and they don't change to a 3000 point system like Celebrity.

Edited by clarea

Until an official announcement is made by C&A, there is no reason to discuss a wanna be new level!:D

It's bad enough that they can get what is currently included in each Tier Level under Member's Benefits correct.

Right now there is no balcony discounts for Pinnacle Club Members. Me thinks that they had better get that straightened out before adding another level to the mix.

official announcement . . . now that's funny:D:D:D

Thanks Liz. Jim found it in his photo's.

No, they were not supposed to put the new sign out until after the announcement on January 21, 2011. So, somebody got a little over anxious.:p

I don't even like the sound of Black Diamond!!

Sounds creepy like Black Widow:eek:

I won't make it, so I won't worry about how it sounds:p And I certainly can't even begin to tease out what's real and what's not anymore...how many days away are we from APRIL FOOLS DAY? I think they are pulling some fast ones! :rolleyes:

Sounds creepy like Black Widow:eek:

I won't make it, so I won't worry about how it sounds:p And I certainly can't even begin to tease out what's real and what's not anymore...how many days away are we from APRIL FOOLS DAY? I think they are pulling some fast ones! :rolleyes:

It does.

I just don't think this is a name they would choose for a new level.:confused:

Until an official announcement is made by C&A, there is no reason to discuss a wanna be new level!:D

It's bad enough that they can get what is currently included in each Tier Level under Member's Benefits correct.

Right now there is no balcony discounts for Pinnacle Club Members. Me thinks that they had better get that straightened out before adding another level to the mix.

What do you mean there is no balcony discount for Pinnacle?

Per the member Benefits Page...

Special Rates on Balcony and Suite Staterooms is a dollar off discount to applicable balcony and suite categories only available to Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Savings are not redeemable for cash and non transferable. When reserving the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society member will receive an increased discount for making a reservation for a sail date outside of 6 (six) months. This offer can only be combined with the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer, including, but not limited to Shareholder Benefits, dollars off and onboard credit offers, MyCruiseSM Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise promotions and benefits. Offer can be used in conjunction with crown & Anchor exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates; space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive precruise number at (888) 437-1953 to answer additional questions or to make arrangements.

What do you mean there is no balcony discount for Pinnacle?

When I log into our C&A Tier Page on the website in the fine print it states......

1. Special rates on Balcony & Suite Staterooms is a discount off to applicable balcony and suite categories only and is available to Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members etc, etc, etc..

So theoretically, Pinnacle Club members are not included in the balcony & Suite Discounts that are listed on that page.

Per the member Benefits Page...

Special Rates on Balcony and Suite Staterooms is a dollar off discount to applicable balcony and suite categories only available to Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members. Savings are not redeemable for cash and non transferable. When reserving the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be included in the reservation. Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society member will receive an increased discount for making a reservation for a sail date outside of 6 (six) months. This offer can only be combined with the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer, including, but not limited to Shareholder Benefits, dollars off and onboard credit offers, MyCruiseSM Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise promotions and benefits. Offer can be used in conjunction with crown & Anchor exclusive Onboard Booking Bonus. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates; space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive precruise number at (888) 437-1953 to answer additional questions or to make arrangements.

It still eliminates 3-4 day cruises. The numbers are wrong, Diamonds only get $225, not $250. If the new number is $350 that would be great!

When you book online only the OLD balcony discounts come up. If there is an OFFER CODE/Coupon I can't find it. It sems to support the answer you got, but if it is a special sale how can you use it?

One step at a time~

I would guess the same

Yes, right now the big problem is the huge gap between Diamond Plus (175) and Pinnacle (700).

Many if us have reached Diamond Plus but know it would be near impossible to reach Pinnacle while we are still alive.:) So why bother trying to get there?

Therefore, RCCL needs to create an incentive for D+ to sail more to reach an attainable level. One might guess that it would be logical to split the difference and set the new level at 437.5. The problem with that is it fails to take into account the effect of the previous conversion from sailings to days. Many Pinnacles and D+ never actually sailed 700 or 175 to begin with. At the conversion, a three night cruise was credited as a seven. So many P and D+ kind of sneaked in with the conversion process.

If the new level is set at 340 or 350, it becomes much, much more attainable for existing D+.

The question is what the incentives will be for the new level. Currently, it is an extra bottle of wine and a meal with an officer. One would hope that RCCL would make it even better!

I'm happy with the perks as they are now but I think it's the PC members that don't have as many as they should. D+ gets one gift then a second and third at 350 and 525 points. PC get three gifts plus the "Gold Card" and pre-printed luggage tags. I think they should get something additional like dinner for 2 at a Specialty Restaurant.

Yes, right now the big problem is the huge gap between Diamond Plus (175) and Pinnacle (700).

Many if us have reached Diamond Plus but know it would be near impossible to reach Pinnacle while we are still alive.:) So why bother trying to get there?

Therefore, RCCL needs to create an incentive for D+ to sail more to reach an attainable level. One might guess that it would be logical to split the difference and set the new level at 437.5. The problem with that is it fails to take into account the effect of the previous conversion from sailings to days. Many Pinnacles and D+ never actually sailed 700 or 175 to begin with. At the conversion, a three night cruise was credited as a seven. So many P and D+ kind of sneaked in with the conversion process.

If the new level is set at 340 or 350, it becomes much, much more attainable for existing D+.

The question is what the incentives will be for the new level. Currently, it is an extra bottle of wine and a meal with an officer. One would hope that RCCL would make it even better!

Give them the current 340/350 perks plus a silver seapass (like the JSs get) and a tacky lapel pin.

I could live with a Black Diamond tier. I already own a Black Diamond edition Avalanche and another black diamond association would be OK. However, with only a little over 400 points, the truck might be a little old by the time I get to that level.

Duane

Your truck has a little over 400 points? That's awesome! But please don't tell my truck. Mine has no points; it might be jealous that your truck goes on lots of cruise vacations.

Sorry, but many Pinnacles actually did sail 700 to begin with or were hurt by the conversion. We Never sailed 3 or 4 night cruises and were penalized almost 50 points because we took longer than 7 night cruises. They said us not getting the points we earned for the actual number of nights we cruised was because there were fewer of us to upset :confused:

At least this way, everyone is under the new system and the new level will be the new level. Which, I think will be 525 since it is where 3rd amenity kicks in and where the line for the CL may be drawn???

We all survived Diamonds being removed from CL and it definitely did not keep us from cruising RCCL. imho

At least this way, everyone is under the new system and the new level will be the new level. Which, I think will be 525 since it is where 3rd amenity kicks in

Doubt it. Still much too great a gap between 175 and 525. I'll stick with my prediction of 340-350.

There are active Balcony Discounts for Pinnacle Members, I certainly have them applied to all of my future booked cruises. Trust me if they had been removed from the benefits list certain people on these pages would have been shouting about it before now. :D

When I log into our C&A Tier Page on the website in the fine print it states......

1. Special rates on Balcony & Suite Staterooms is a discount off to applicable balcony and suite categories only and is available to Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members etc, etc, etc..

So theoretically, Pinnacle Club members are not included in the balcony & Suite Discounts that are listed on that page.

Patti,

Maybe because Pinnacle includes all of the levels you get to add the discounts all together and get the lot!

Now thats a discount!!!!

Raina