Black Diamond Crown & Anchor Society Tier???

Growing up in Pennsylvania near the coal mines, Black Diamonds was the name given to heating coal that was mined there. Come Christmas, if you were naughty that year, you got black diamonds in your Christmas stocking instead of goodies. So Black Diamonds would be a bad sign for us!

Gotta believe that the Black Diamonds travel group was on that cruise.

Rick and Deirdra

you may have spied the new tier that these boards have been postulating about for almost 6 months now. There was a rumor that RCI was going to add another tier between D+ and P...now we know. It's called Black Diamond but we don't know yet how many points are needed to attain it.

When I finish my next cruise, my 10th, I will be one point short of Diamond, I hope if this happens I won't find myself suddenly 8 points short.

There are active Balcony Discounts for Pinnacle Members, I certainly have them applied to all of my future booked cruises. Trust me if they had been removed from the benefits list certain people on these pages would have been shouting about it before now. :D

I never said that the balcony discounts were being removed from current bookings. What I posted is the "fine print" that is listed on our C&A Tier Level Page under the new breakdown of balcony discounts (which includes the removal of the 3-5 night level) and the new OBC structure from booking on board. The words Pinnacle Club Members are not included. It only says Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus.

Our benefits have always been the same as Diamond Plus, but now they have included Platinum and Diamond Members to receive the same balcony discounts. This was not the case in the past.

Edited by cruisenfever

I was not criticising you, ( or your statement ) I was just stating my own position. :D

I never said that the balcony discounts were being removed from current bookings. What I posted is the "fine print" that is listed on our C&A Tier Level Page under the new breakdown of balcony discounts (which includes the removal of the 3-5 night level) and the new OBC structure from booking on board. The words Pinnacle Club Members are not included. It only says Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus.

Our benefits have always been the same as Diamond Plus, but now they have included Platinum and Diamond Members to receive the same balcony discounts. This was not the case in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

you know, there's a travel company called "black diamond" and they book cruises for groups. I'm sure they had a group on this sailing. I'm sure if Royal were intending on adding another tier level we would've heard by now.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

• 4 months later...
sounds good, I want a benefit at 350 which is coming to me this year. Its not right to have such a gap between 175 and 700

At 350 (some at 340), you will get a meal with an officer on cruises of 7 days or longer, 150% single supplement, an additional amenity, and an expanded amenity list.

Yes, right now the big problem is the huge gap between Diamond Plus (175) and Pinnacle (700).

Many if us have reached Diamond Plus but know it would be near impossible to reach Pinnacle while we are still alive.:) So why bother trying to get there?

!

Just thinking crazy and couldn't resist. Maybe Royal will award the status posthumously.?! :D :eek:

Edited by denamo

Yeah it's a big gap d+ to p but can be done

I would expect they will put one at 340 or 350 for the main change of amenity and sole occupancy us dinner with officer plus also another at 525 where next amenity comes in

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had forgotten all about this thread!

I went on EN back in May. I can confirm that the signs for C&A members included "Black Diamond" for members with more than 350 points; "Tanzanite" for new cruisers that will believe anything; and finally "Green-With-Envy Diamond Plus" for those at or above the 650 point level.

The sign now sports nearly every color of the rainbow. It's like an old school Benetton ad!

I went on EN back in May. I can confirm that the signs for C&A members included "Black Diamond" for members with more than 350 points; "Tanzanite" for new cruisers that will believe anything; and finally "Green-With-Envy Diamond Plus" for those at or above the 650 point level.

The sign now sports nearly every color of the rainbow. It's like an old school Benetton ad!

Oh, Lord, Grady, you have me rolling on the floor with tears in my eyes!

crying-with-laughter.gif

Oh, Lord, Grady, you have me rolling on the floor with tears in my eyes!

crying-with-laughter.gif

I'm at work right now and I just bursted out laughing. Great one Grady.

The things people come up with.

Yeah it's a big gap d+ to p but can be done

I would expect they will put one at 340 or 350 for the main change of amenity and sole occupancy us dinner with officer plus also another at 525 where next amenity comes in

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not always. We are well above the 350 level and often there is NO "dinner" with an officer. Sometimes there is nothing, a few times it was a large breakfast that included all D, D+ and P and "officers" at various tables. A few of the highest passengers are seated at tables with a ranking officer. Others sit where they can find a seat. Once we sat with a clerk from the Britto shop, another time we sat with the sport deck manger. Nice folks, but hardly officers.

M