Black Diamond Crown & Anchor Society Tier???

It's so sad how a few try so hard to ruin the image of others.:(

On our recent cruise on Rhapsody from Honolulu to Vancouver we witnessed a couple from Canada that were PC Members and all they did was complain during breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were told that they even complained to Captain Rob when they were invited to dine at the Captain's table.:eek:

Amit had just boarded in Honolulu to begin his Concierge duties and I had to compliment him on the way he handled this couple. We didn't spend a lot of time in the lounge, but on the few occasions that I was there, the husband complained to anyone who would listen.

They tried to bend our ear one morning at breakfast, but being the "nice" person that I am at that time of the day, I quickly put a stop to it!!:D

Thanks for filling in some of the blanks for me. After that dinner, we avoided them. :eek:

Let me clarify........it all depends on who is seated next to me!!:p

Whew! I was trying not to take that personally! :)

I'm not sure but I think there are well over 1000 Pinnacle Club members...

I think there was just over 200 initial members when this tier was created.

It seems that they will have to find a new goal for these loyal cruisers very soon....maybe Pinnacle Plus at 2000 points....

I think that there are about 400-600 Pinnacles.

Black Diamonds were the ski runs that the DH and I used to do when our bodies

were much younger, and our brains convinced us we were invincible! :eek:

That level just sounds scary to me now. ;)

Hope you characterized the Ski Runs as scary not the C&A level. LOL. I would enjoy the perks even if they named the level after something I hated.

I think in all honesty the whole C&A loyalty scheme does need to be overhauled.

Since turning Pinnacle 18 months ago I have gained enough points to become a Diamond Member again from scratch, and yet of course I do not get Pinnacle benefits plus those given to a Diamond member.

There is such a big difference between D+ and P and yet the benefits are actually very similar. Sure I can understand that Royal cannot just keep giving things away, and I appreciate the benefits that I do get. However I have also paid for many others to cruise with me at different times, and yet gain no extra loyalty consideration for doing so.

I also accept that others have spent a lot more money on certain cruises than I do, those in the large suites get no more points than someone in a JS, and those in balconies no more than someone in an inside cabin.

I really like (most of) the way that Celebrity have structured their new points system and think Royal should adapt theirs in similar way, as well as introducing a way that on board spend could also earn points.

Personally I think that break points at 350 an 525 should be given names, along with a reasonable distinction in additional benefits, like additional Internet minutes and percentage discounts on drink packages :D

The one thing that I find odd is that there is no increase in the balcony discount from D+ to PC.

They didn't get that way when they crossed the 700-point mark. They were likely just as obnoxious when they were Platinum. They are probably the worst kind of people, period (other than terrorists, bigots, ax murderers, etc.).

oh yeah I have no doubt about that, but I'm sure it got worst when they made PC.

It's so sad how a few try so hard to ruin the image of others.:(

On our recent cruise on Rhapsody from Honolulu to Vancouver we witnessed a couple from Canada that were PC Members and all they did was complain during breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were told that they even complained to Captain Rob when they were invited to dine at the Captain's table.:eek:

Amit had just boarded in Honolulu to begin his Concierge duties and I had to compliment him on the way he handled this couple. We didn't spend a lot of time in the lounge, but on the few occasions that I was there, the husband complained to anyone who would listen.

They tried to bend our ear one morning at breakfast, but being the "nice" person that I am at that time of the day, I quickly put a stop to it!!:D

Amit really is a great concierge.

Originally Posted by robandana

I'm not sure but I think there are well over 1000 Pinnacle Club members...

I think there was just over 200 initial members when this tier was created.

On January 21, 2011 when cruise credits were changed to cruise points, there were 164 C&A Members with at least 100 cruise credits making them Pinnacle Club Members.

The number of PC Members has not hit 1000 as of yet.

The one thing that I find odd is that there is no increase in the balcony discount from D+ to PC.

You expected it to change?!:eek:

Edited by cruisenfever

On January 21, 2011 when cruise credits were changed to cruise points, there were 164 C&A Members with at least 100 cruise credits making them Pinnacle Club Members.

The number of PC Members has not hit 1000 as of yet.

You expected it to change?!:eek:

Is my estimate of 400-600 Pinnacles closer to the right number?

I always enjoy sitting next to you and Pete!;) At least Pete didn't send his eggs back 3 different times.

No, thank goodness he would never do that. :rolleyes:

They didn't get that way when they crossed the 700-point mark. They were likely just as obnoxious when they were Platinum. They are probably the worst kind of people, period (other than terrorists, bigots, ax murderers, etc.).

Thank you. :) So, to summaraize, there are annoying and obnoxious people everywhere, but not all Pinnacles are that way -- just the ones who were annoying and obnoxious before they became Pinnacle. (If you've driven on the streets of the city where we live, you would have a new definition of annoying and obnoxious.)

Almost every pinnacle I have met are really lovely down to earth people

Some higher level people but only some se a bit full of their own superiority though which is a bit disappointing

But each to their own and I just spend my time with genuine people

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here, I have a few friends that are now PC or very close thereto and all are friendly and fun people both onboard and off.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that has yet to meet the uppity and complaining sort that so often get spoken of.

Maybe it's because I tend to hang out at the bar in the DL/CL and look for the other bon vivants in the room.

Edited by DarthGrady

So, to summaraize, there are annoying and obnoxious people everywhere, but not all Pinnacles are that way -- just the ones who were annoying and obnoxious before they became Pinnacle. (If you've driven on the streets of the city where we live, you would have a new definition of annoying and obnoxious.)

Thanks for writing what I was thinking, Jean & Karen. (not the part about ax murderers) People like that aren't like that because they are Pinnacle. They're just like that.

;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

There are more than 600 but less than 1000.:D I would probably guestimate that there are now about 750-800 PC Members.

Wow... so approx 164 to 800'ish in the last 3 years, approx 500% increase. I wonder what the increased numbers are from 2011-2014 regarding D and D+. I'm guessing the numbers would be somewhat eye opening.

Once on the FOS a Pinnacle was really talking down to me and actually, in my opinion, trying to make us feel bad. She said in a rather huffy tone that tonight we will be dining with the Captain ( Hotel Director ). I got a kick out of saying to her at dinner that night " so nice to se you again ":)