Black Diamond Crown & Anchor Society Tier???

Oh god hope not

Most I know are point aiming anyhow as you get a perk every 350 after of a cruise so don't know the worth in that

I only just got to p

POINT AIMING...

What a great marketing plan Royal has with this race to Top 10....

I have never seen anything like it anywhere else....it's truly genius!

POINT AIMING...

You're right about that. A good loyalty program is an excellent way of retaining business. Royal's is the main reason we choose them over other lines time after time.

I see many posters talk about the "problem" of too many guests making it to Diamond, D+, and PC. I have always highly doubted that Royal sees it that way. Having "too many" repeat customers is not something a business would want to avoid.

POINT AIMING...

We are definitely a captive audience

They aren't dumb

Just watching quantum float out now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're right about that. A good loyalty program is an excellent way of retaining business. Royal's is the main reason we choose them over other lines time after time.

I see many posters talk about the "problem" of too many guests making it to Diamond, D+, and PC. I have always highly doubted that Royal sees it that way. Having "too many" repeat customers is not something a business would want to avoid.

You are 100% correct, more business should take note!

I think Royal has the best Loyalty Program at this time, how can you have too many loyal customers....

The more the merrier...

Edited by robandana

Not only does it keep us going back to Royal but it gives us something to talk about on the message boards as well. :)

Happy Cruising everyone.

Edited by Folk Singer

I think Royal has the best Loyalty Program at this time, how can you have too many loyal customers....

The more the merrier...

I agree. Royal does have the best program.

On another note, Not all the loyal cruisers cruise at the same time so it's not like they're forking over a ton of money on each cruise.

Black Diamonds were the ski runs that the DH and I used to do when our bodies

were much younger, and our brains convinced us we were invincible! :eek:

That level just sounds scary to me now. ;)

Yeah if I tried that now my body would just say your nuts I'm not going to comply or help in any way

Yeah if I tried that now my body would just say your nuts I'm not going to comply or help in any way

Yup, me too, or we would be enjoying the rest of our ski holiday

in the local hospital. :eek: Looking back, we were indeed crazy

when we never hesitated to just jump over that cliff and go

for it. Fun...yes...smart...not so much. Old brain is kinder

to old body now. :p

And the ski gear has since been donated to the

Goodwill. ;)

Edited by island lady

The more the merrier...

I agree Royal has a great retention program. However, check out their sister company Celebrity. They have added two additional tiers, and Zenith is awesome! :)

I think in all honesty the whole C&A loyalty scheme does need to be overhauled.

Since turning Pinnacle 18 months ago I have gained enough points to become a Diamond Member again from scratch, and yet of course I do not get Pinnacle benefits plus those given to a Diamond member.

There is such a big difference between D+ and P and yet the benefits are actually very similar. Sure I can understand that Royal cannot just keep giving things away, and I appreciate the benefits that I do get. However I have also paid for many others to cruise with me at different times, and yet gain no extra loyalty consideration for doing so.

I also accept that others have spent a lot more money on certain cruises than I do, those in the large suites get no more points than someone in a JS, and those in balconies no more than someone in an inside cabin.

I really like (most of) the way that Celebrity have structured their new points system and think Royal should adapt theirs in similar way, as well as introducing a way that on board spend could also earn points.

Personally I think that break points at 350 an 525 should be given names, along with a reasonable distinction in additional benefits, like additional Internet minutes and percentage discounts on drink packages :D

I found the thread that discussed new levels..Emerald & Pinnacle...and JC posted the photo of the sign ..on behalf of another member who didnt know how to post pics...but sadly the link to the pic doesn't work now...(was probably on webshots or somewhere).

So now I guess we wait for C&A to make a big announcement ? LOL LOL LOL LOL ...sorry LOL LOL

Ok, Liz, the things people remember around here scare me.:eek:

I missed this thread the first time around. Glad to see it is just as useless now as it was back in March.:D

jc

I think in all honesty the whole C&A loyalty scheme does need to be overhauled.

Since turning Pinnacle 18 months ago I have gained enough points to become a Diamond Member again from scratch, and yet of course I do not get Pinnacle benefits plus those given to a Diamond member.

There is such a big difference between D+ and P and yet the benefits are actually very similar. Sure I can understand that Royal cannot just keep giving things away, and I appreciate the benefits that I do get. However I have also paid for many others to cruise with me at different times, and yet gain no extra loyalty consideration for doing so.

I also accept that others have spent a lot more money on certain cruises than I do, those in the large suites get no more points than someone in a JS, and those in balconies no more than someone in an inside cabin.

I really like (most of) the way that Celebrity have structured their new points system and think Royal should adapt theirs in similar way, as well as introducing a way that on board spend could also earn points.

Personally I think that break points at 350 an 525 should be given names, along with a reasonable distinction in additional benefits, like additional Internet minutes and percentage discounts on drink packages :D

As D+/Pinnacle we are given very good perks and I am satisfied. I enjoy cruising for what it is but do appreciate a few perks being tossed my way.

One of the things that I have observed by cruising often is how entitled some (not all) Pinnacles act, especially as they move higher than 700 points. (Not saying you are one of them because I don't know you). On a recent cruise, one of the original Pinnacles said to me "Royal Caribbean needs to do something to prevent all these people from becoming Pinnacles!!!" I expect this person and others like her to push for a level higher than Pinnacle so that they can retain their "superior" "status".

As D+/Pinnacle we are given very good perks and I am satisfied. I enjoy cruising for what it is but do appreciate a few perks being tossed my way.

One of the things that I have observed by cruising often is how entitled some (not all) Pinnacles act, especially as they move higher than 700 points. (Not saying you are one of them because I don't know you). On a recent cruise, one of the original Pinnacles said to me "Royal Caribbean needs to do something to prevent all these people from becoming Pinnacles!!!" I expect this person and others like her to push for a level higher than Pinnacle so that they can retain their "superior" "status".

those are the worst kinds of Pinnacles.

On a recent cruise, one of the original Pinnacles said to me "Royal Caribbean needs to do something to prevent all these people from becoming Pinnacles!!!" I expect this person and others like her to push for a level higher than Pinnacle so that they can retain their "superior" "status".

It's so sad how a few try so hard to ruin the image of others.:(

On our recent cruise on Rhapsody from Honolulu to Vancouver we witnessed a couple from Canada that were PC Members and all they did was complain during breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were told that they even complained to Captain Rob when they were invited to dine at the Captain's table.:eek:

Amit had just boarded in Honolulu to begin his Concierge duties and I had to compliment him on the way he handled this couple. We didn't spend a lot of time in the lounge, but on the few occasions that I was there, the husband complained to anyone who would listen.

They tried to bend our ear one morning at breakfast, but being the "nice" person that I am at that time of the day, I quickly put a stop to it!!:D

...They tried to bend our ear one morning at breakfast, but being the "nice" person that I am at that time of the day, I quickly put a stop to it!!:D

Thanks for the warning about breakfast!:eek:

That's why I have a soft, warm spot in my heart for the Pinnacles who refer to themselves as "Pineapples". I think they are the opposite of what you describe above. :D

Almost every pinnacle I have met are really lovely down to earth people

Some higher level people but only some se a bit full of their own superiority though which is a bit disappointing

But each to their own and I just spend my time with genuine people

It's so sad how a few try so hard to ruin the image of others.:(

On our recent cruise on Rhapsody from Honolulu to Vancouver we witnessed a couple from Canada that were PC Members and all they did was complain during breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were told that they even complained to Captain Rob when they were invited to dine at the Captain's table.:eek:

Amit had just boarded in Honolulu to begin his Concierge duties and I had to compliment him on the way he handled this couple. We didn't spend a lot of time in the lounge, but on the few occasions that I was there, the husband complained to anyone who would listen.

They tried to bend our ear one morning at breakfast, but being the "nice" person that I am at that time of the day, I quickly put a stop to it!!:D

Makes me wonder why they continue to cruise if they have so many complaints!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk