Main Dining Rm Question

We do not have My Time Dining because we only plan to dine in the MDR once. We would like to eat my ourselves. Will they allow us to do that? Should we let them know ahead of time or just walk in and ask. Thanks.

actually if you only want to eat there once you SHOULD go to MTD and thus free up your table assignment for someone who wants traditional.

MTD is full of 2 tops and there will be no problem getting table for just the pair of you

Yes, you can eat anywhere you like. No one in the mdr has to know.

actually that is not quite true. if on Traditional dining, even if they have a 2 top they SHOULD let the Maitre D' and waitstaff know. it;s polite so that they don't worry/wait for them to arrive, and two, like I said if they only plan on being not here once anyway, they can use the table for other patrons who need/request a change.

If I'm understanding correctly, you have traditional dining so you've been assigned a table. I would suggest changing to MTD so you will not leave a vacant space at your table most days.

but with MTD, they'd have to prepay the gratuities and thus be paying the waitstaff for no services provided.

The tips for the waitstaff cover ALL meals onboard....in the WJ, dining room, and other eating venues. If you go to a specialty restaurants (with a fee), the tip is in the fee....

So, no matter where you eat, if you pay the suggested tips (either beforehand or on your account), you have taken care of ALL who will be serving you.

but with MTD, they'd have to prepay the gratuities and thus be paying the waitstaff for no services provided.

And gratuities are now automatically charged to your on board account if you have not pre paid them.

It's not paying waitstaff for service not provided..it covers your CABIN ATTENDANT...AND your dining staff in what ever venue you choose, windjammer, MDR, etc. Specialty restaurant upcharges cover the gratuity.

I have no idea WHY people have this misguided notion that they're paying for 'no services provided'.....:eek::rolleyes::confused:

ugh. such a misconception.

grats cover EVERY MEAL regardless of where it is eaten. I have seen DR staff( both traditional and MTD) serving in the windjammer on more than one occasion.

as for the argument used ad infinitum about prepaying.. really? you have to pay it anyway is it REALLY such a hardship to do so early? is it really so necessary to use OBC?

The tips for the waitstaff cover ALL meals onboard....in the WJ, dining room, and other eating venues. If you go to a specialty restaurants (with a fee), the tip is in the fee....

So, no matter where you eat, if you pay the suggested tips (either beforehand or on your account), you have taken care of ALL who will be serving you.

ugh. such a misconception.

grats cover EVERY MEAL regardless of where it is eaten. I have seen DR staff( both traditional and MTD) serving in the windjammer on more than one occasion.

as for the argument used ad infinitum about prepaying.. really? you have to pay it anyway is it REALLY such a hardship to do so early? is it really so necessary to use OBC?

ah gotcha. didn't know they did that. whoops. :D

They will be eating somewhere and those dining staff tips are spread around to all the food servers including in the Windjammer