3/23 Navigator Cruise Cancelled

TBone2K

The cost of the bunker oil will be offset by dockage fees. RCCL is not saving anything.

Windy here, but weather is beautiful and supposed to be a fabulous weekend:)

I am not sure about the first comment about the bunker oil being offset by dockage fees, making it a wash or loss. I guess it is possible that dockage could equal close to 1000 nm of sailing? It just seems to be high, but I am not a dockage fees expert.:p

I am glad to hear that the weather is good.

I'm on NOS. we are disappointed that we aren't cruising, but making the best if it. RC is being very fair in their compensation. I am a little jealous of the ships that are leaving, but the 100% refund while still enjoying the ship takes the edge off. We are now free to come and go, as I already took a short drive into town to get some smokes and then waked at the beach for a little bit. Now back in the ship watching the contests at the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm on NOS. we are disappointed that we aren't cruising, but making the best if it. RC is being very fair in their compensation. I am a little jealous of the ships that are leaving, but the 100% refund while still enjoying the ship takes the edge off. We are now free to come and go, as I already took a short drive into town to get some smokes and then waked at the beach for a little bit. Now back in the ship watching the contests at the pool.

Glad to hear you are having a good time even in this situation. Very jealous from snowy and cold Canada.

Thanks for the update. I am glad you can now come and go as you please. Maybe if they can get everyone back on the ship, they will decide to sail.:p

Glad to hear you are making the best of it and enjoying yourself and able to come and go now.

So it sounds like alcohol COULD be served on Navigator this week but it would have to be from a local distributor (since it's home-ported in Galveston now, wouldn't the ships liquor stores be from local TX distributors anyway?) and pricing would have to be adjusted to include a state sales tax (or RCI could opt to just eat the tax and not pass it on to the pax). I am familiar with those dry counties up North - we have relatives in the DFW area - and yes, we've often had to buy those "memberships" in bars or dance halls in order to drink. Weird but it's their state and can legislate however they want I guess. ;)

RCCL sell lot of drinks on the ship before it leaves the Galveston port each week. Are you saying they normally have to keep track of how many drinks they sell while docks in Galveston and pay the Texas tax man?

Your attitude is quite commendable. High-five to you...I would do the exact same thing, especially considering that I would have flown in all the way from Chicago. With the benefit of a 100% refund PLUS 25% off the cost of the cruise, I'd be sitting in the "Next Cruise Office" right now. Kuddos to Royal for treating their customers fairly! ;)

I think it would be pretty hard for RCCL to change their minds now and go on with the cruise. They have allowed people to get off the boat and have the ability to return. So if they reversed their decision and leave today, there is the possibility that those who have departed the boat to enjoy the island would be left behind while their luggage and everything else sails away.

Why would you give praise to RC?

Carnival & Princess sailed their ships but RC chooses to sit in port.

That is total shame for the people who are on this voyage.

Who wants to sit in Galveston for a week and do nothing?

I would rather go home...

I would rather spend a week in Galveston, on a floating hotel, than anytime in Spring.:p

All joking aside what does Spring have that Galveston doesn't for someone that isn't a local?

Edited by jonbgd

Then going home is what YOU should do. Looks like you reside in Texas, so that might make sense for YOU. It wouldn't for ME. The deal that RCCL offered is beyond fair, and it's their right to make the decision they made. Bet you wouldn't turn down those perks they offered though, would ya? No. Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Once RC made the decision to allow people on/off privileges they kind of married the decision to stay at the pier; unless at some point they can determine everyone in onboard that needs to be.

Someone could disappear for two days to go visit friends, family, or whatever and reasonably expect that the ship with their belongings would be there whenever they decided to return!

Then going home is what YOU should do. Looks like you reside in Texas, so that might make sense for YOU. It wouldn't for ME. The deal that RCCL offered is beyond fair, and it's their right to make the decision they made. Bet you wouldn't turn down those perks they offered though, would ya? No. Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

lol....you took the words right out of my keyboard :p

While I am glad they have taken care of the passengers in the best way possible, I am wondering how this effects the crew.

RCI has gratuity based and incentive based contracts with most of their crew and I wonder if they are charging the $12 a day gratuities while passengers stay onboard at least. I would guess not.

Maybe someone who was on the sailing could confirm how they handled that issue.

We elected to come on home and save our vacation days for later. I must really commend RCI for the 100% refund, 25% on future cruise, and the offer to stay for the entire cruise.

Just as we were leaving (around 9:00 am) notification came thru passengers will be able to come and go as they please, and FINALLY the sun was shining in Galveston so I'm hoping those that stayed behind have a wonderful holiday.

When I went to check out this morning all beverage packages, internet plans, etc had been pro-rated for the number of days -- this also included the service gratuities. Considering what the crew has been thru the last few days (I bet between Sunday and Monday most crew members didn't even get 4 hours of sleep!) I requested the gratuities be left on for the entire cruise. I so hope anyone else getting off the ship also does this!

Barbara

As always, he is just trying to get a rise out of someone.

Since your not on the ship, don't worry about it:D

Those impacted seem to okay with the decision.

I too would stay.

I could only hope that the "Debbie Downers" would disembark. After all, why would I want to be surrounded by characters who frequently add bad news and negative feelings to a gathering, bringing down the mood of everyone around them. Wah Wah.

i too would stay.

I could only hope that the "debbie downers" would disembark. After all, why would i want to be surrounded by characters who frequently add bad news and negative feelings to a gathering, bringing down the mood of everyone around them. Wah wah.

like:)like:)like:)

RCCL sell lot of drinks on the ship before it leaves the Galveston port each week. Are you saying they normally have to keep track of how many drinks they sell while docks in Galveston and pay the Texas tax man?

I was responding to someone else's statement about the taxes, I have no first hand knowledge of how it works. If that other posters comment about the tax is true then yes I suppose the cruise lines would have to track and pay the tax - or just not sell alcohol until after sail away.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

I can understand if you are from out of town and are stuck, but I would have no desire to sit on a ship docked in Galveston for 6 days.

Everything I cruise for is gone: Sailing, hot weather & sun, Caribbean island & beaches, scuba, Gambling, etc.

Nothing but a static ship, and cruddy weather, limited alcohol.

Myself, since I live 70 miles away, I would take the loss drive home and get stuff done around the house..

They should have done a 5 day cruise like the other cruise lines.

I bet the passengers this week would also....

Edited by matj2000