Question about Chankanaab

Valarie4211

Yes that was our experience in July 2012. However they did allow my sister to book directly because they wanted to swim with the manatees, which Carnival did not offer. As soon as you tell them you are coming from Carnival, they wouldn't take the reservation. Absolutely loved the day though!! We thought it was well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sailing on the Carnival Elation in 2 weeks and I booked the doolphin experience through their site. I tried in February but it wouldnt let me howevever a couple weeks ago when I tried it again using Carnival it let me check out just fine. So I would check I don't know if their agreement with Carnival has ended or there was just a mess up on the site but like I said I was able to do it just fine a couple weeks ago.

If I do that, will they ask any questions about whether or not I'm on a carnival cruise?

Crazy thought, when you arrive at the ticket window, don't tell them you are on a Carnival cruise!!!!!!! :D

I can't imagine Chankanaab asks everybody buying a ticket if they are on a Carnival cruise, as there are thousands of people visiting Cozumel on land vacations and thousands more on ships from other lines.

If per chance they would ask, either a)tell them the name of the RCCL ship moored at the International pier next to your Carnival ship or b) tell them you are at a hotel in town.

Don't overthink things.

Edited by bguppies

If I do that, will they ask any questions about whether or not I'm on a carnival cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Crazy thought, when you arrive at the ticket window, don't tell them you are on a Carnival cruise!!!!!!! :D

I can't imagine Chankanaab asks everybody buying a ticket if they are on a Carnival cruise, as there are thousands of people visiting Cozumel on land vacations and thousands more on ships from other lines.

If per chance they would ask, either a)tell them the name of the RCCL ship moored at the International pier next to your Carnival ship or b) tell them you are at a hotel in town.

Don't overthink things.

And more importantly don't take your Carnival towels!

I am sailing on the Carnival Elation in 2 weeks and I booked the doolphin experience through their site. I tried in February but it wouldnt let me howevever a couple weeks ago when I tried it again using Carnival it let me check out just fine. So I would check I don't know if their agreement with Carnival has ended or there was just a mess up on the site but like I said I was able to do it just fine a couple weeks ago.

Exact same thing for us. We thought maybe the contract was up, or the site was messed up. Either way, we booked online with no live chat help or anything, and put that I was on carnival. I think we booked during the last week of Feb. for our May cruise. (Note to self: leave the carnival towel on the boat!)

We just spent the afternoon at Chankanaab on 3/25. We were there on a land vacation, and no one asked where we were from when we arrived (although our wrist bracelet from our all inclusive hotel might have been a dead giveaway). If you have kids with Carnival bracelets on you might make a point of having them cover that arm with their non-carnival towel as you walk in!

I would recommend DIY, we just walked of the ship and caught a taxi, about 15 bucks each way for our group of 5. I was a bit worried about coming back but there was a line of taxis at the park even after the cruise tours left ( they were smart knew there were lots of DIY still in the park )

The park opened at 8am, if you are ambitious you can get there before all the cruise big bus and have your pick of a deserted beach and best spots. We got there around 9am and still had an empty beach / park to pick from!

If you plan smartly you can do your dolphin swim, ziplining way before the cruise hordes get there as well!

490.jpg.716aabb58f6478d5c498558b122455c6.jpg

740.jpg.5318b95b232c163f1519312676b8b08a.jpg

750.jpg.ba53e55c92b1a71717d5dfd6b090de4b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with booking Chankanaab direct when you're on Carnival are doing the swims (Carnival has a contract with them, even though there are ways around it).

If you are just going to the park, just simply grab a cab and go. They do not ask you where you are staying, what ship you are on, or what you had for breakfast ;) when entering. They don't check your bags for ship towels trying to prove you are wrong. They don't ask for your ship card as proof. They just want your money. :D

Go and have a great time. :)

We definitely want to swim with the dolphins. If time permits, can we purchase the Manatee experience after we get to the park?

A lot of the time when you are done with the dolphin swim, they let you do the manatee swim for free (at least they did both times we went and others have reported the same). :)

• 3 weeks later...
A lot of the time when you are done with the dolphin swim, they let you do the manatee swim for free (at least they did both times we went and others have reported the same). :)

Even if you do the first dolphin swim?

Even if you do the first dolphin swim?

Hmm, not really sure about that. I guess it would matter how many swims they have going that day. I don't think you mentioned which swim you are planning on doing. We did the encounter which only has, I "think" 2 different times offered. One earlier in the morning and one early afternoon. We did the afternoon swim. If you are doing one of the more advanced swim, which is offered more often, then they may not have time in between each swim to offer it. :confused:

I am cruising in December and Chankanaab is running a special for NCL passangers now. They never asked me what ship I was on, they asked me what time I would be in port. I just asked to book the $99.00 special. This is the email I received from them.

Sure it includes:

Swim Adventure (30 minutes with the Dolphins in the middle Program)

Manatee Encounter (30 minutes with the Manatees)

Sea lion Show (30 minutes with the Sea Lions)

Lunch Buffet

Entrance to the Park

Facilities (lockers, showers, pool, beach)

Sea Lion Show.

That’s what is included in the package.

I am cruising in December and Chankanaab is running a special for NCL passangers now. They never asked me what ship I was on, they asked me what time I would be in port. I just asked to book the $99.00 special. This is the email I received from them.

Sure it includes:

Swim Adventure (30 minutes with the Dolphins in the middle Program)

Manatee Encounter (30 minutes with the Manatees)

Sea lion Show (30 minutes with the Sea Lions)

Lunch Buffet

Entrance to the Park

Facilities (lockers, showers, pool, beach)

Sea Lion Show.

That’s what is included in the package.

I booked that NCL special too a few month ago for our trip in November. You had to call in to get the price- but they didn't ask me about ship either. On mine it said "sea lion encounter" though- I was under the impression that it was different from the typical show that's offered free to everyone- I think you get to interact with the sea lion more. We'll see... either way it seemed like a really good price.

I would recommend DIY, we just walked of the ship and caught a taxi, about 15 bucks each way for our group of 5. I was a bit worried about coming back but there was a line of taxis at the park even after the cruise tours left ( they were smart knew there were lots of DIY still in the park )

The park opened at 8am, if you are ambitious you can get there before all the cruise big bus and have your pick of a deserted beach and best spots. We got there around 9am and still had an empty beach / park to pick from!

If you plan smartly you can do your dolphin swim, ziplining way before the cruise hordes get there as well!

What was some of the pricing of the things you did at Chankanaab? Also is there good food there and what extra cost aprox. For the food and drinks

Thanks