White slacks in late April? Too early for Rhine

CEV426

Any thoughts on whether white pants on board ship would be considered too early for a Rhine cruise? From what I remember of the area many years ago during the exact time (last week April-beg. of May) it's still wintery in Germany and there was snow on ground in Austria and Switzerland.

:eek:

Any thoughts on whether white pants on board ship would be considered too early for a Rhine cruise? From what I remember of the area many years ago during the exact time (last week April-beg. of May) it's still wintery in Germany and there was snow on ground in Austria and Switzerland.

:eek:

I think it is silly to worry. If you want to wear white, wear white! Nobody will care, honestly.:) The days of no white before Memorial Day was thrown off the books at least a decade ago. I think the thinness of the fabric is more important, you don't want to be chilly walking around wearing them.

How did that work in countries that don't celebrate Memorial Day? :D:D:D

Oh, that works out pretty well :D:D!!

As Got2Cruise said, nobody will care... anyway I won´t wear any white slacks at all. I do have a white skirt and a white dress. But with white slacks I´d fear to make them dirty within seconds...

steamboats

I think it is silly to worry. If you want to wear white, wear white! Nobody will care, honestly.:) The days of no white before Memorial Day was thrown off the books at least a decade ago. I think the thinness of the fabric is more important, you don't want to be chilly walking around wearing them.

I like Jazzbeau's response as well.LOL and you're right nobody cares if you wear white and if they do, it's THEIR problem, not yours!! (we're all three of us from LI/NY) I do not bring white pants or white shirts when I travel because I find them impractical..but that's because I need a bib! :D

I don't bring white slacks, either. It would be my luck to spill a tomato sauce or red wine on them! I travel with black and gray slacks along with black/white/red/gray tops....that way, everything mixes and matches!

I agree, it's the weight of the fabric that matters when traveling in both cooler and warmer climates. White (sometimes wool) is worn all winter and looks classy paired with the right top/jacket. I also agree that I never travel with white skirts or slacks because of too many "whoops" moments...darker colors can hide a lot. And I agree once again (what a smart group on CC) with wear whatever you want to and are comfortable in. If someone judges you because of the color of your slacks they are not someone you want to spend any time with anyway...life is just too short. ;) When we travel I remember the new friends that we make, not what they wore! ~~Judy

I once took white jeans on a cruise (never wore them to dinner) but on a shore excursion I tripped and fell on some grass and got a green stain on the knee. The ship's laundry did a good job on it but it never really came completely out. So now I avoid white, any time of year.

Thanks for the insight. I guess I was thinking like ocean cruises that white goes anytime. I have a problem with white tops, but not the bottoms. My white bottoms are either white demin (think Chico's So-Slimming) or some sort of heavier twill fabric so not as dangerous to accidents. I would have only worn them onboard. But I'll leave them home and have more room.