123Go available all year for onboard bookings?

[g]cruiserke

Re New 2015 bookings before April 30 get $175 OBC for captains club members

Is this for on board bookings only?

No, you can book the cruise from the comfort of your home versus the comfort of the ship and still get that OBC applied to the booking. :D

Yes, but the upgrade is only 1 category within the class you chose. We just booked 2 cruises on Saturday while onboard the Silhouette. We were able to pay for a C3 and get a C2. You can't pay for the highest regular balcony and go up to Concierge, just within the same category.

The pamphlet I have does not mention a category upgrade for booking onboard but we did get it so your mileage may vary. ;)

We also got the one category upgrade (within class as your noted) last month for future cruises booked while onboard because of Captain's Club.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Cabin upgrades

Re New 2015 bookings before April 30 get $175 OBC for captains club members

Is this for on board bookings only?

No the $175 OBC for Captains Club members is for booking any of the new 2015 cruises before April 30th.

But if you book onboard there is more OBC offered than the $175 PLUS you get your choice of the 123 Promo (drink package, OBC, or prepaid gratuities). BUT, you cant have all 3 promos, like the $175 for Captains club, the Onboard booking OBC AND the 123 promo, you have to pick 2.

Almost always the onboard booking OBC is more than the $175 captains club OBC and of course you can then pick which of the 123 promo you like.

We got $300 OBC for booking Concierge room on a 12 night Europe cruise and took the beverage package which is not offered right now for 2015 other than when you book onboard so we're happy.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but if we book onboard do we have to pay our cruise off in US dollars? Or will our reservation be in our home countries currency (AUS)? With the fluctuating dollar I prefer not to have a reservation in another currency. As if the dollar goes down the cost of my cruise goes up.

Yes it does. The OP used $175 so I was assuming it was a 10+ day cruise. For my 12 night Europe cruise it was $175 but I gave it up to rebook on board to get $300 and the 123 promo.

But yes it does depend on what you book.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but if we book onboard do we have to pay our cruise off in US dollars? Or will our reservation be in our home countries currency (AUS)? With the fluctuating dollar I prefer not to have a reservation in another currency. As if the dollar goes down the cost of my cruise goes up.

We were able to book onboard in Canadian you just have to ask. If you don't say anything they default to US. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this applies to AUS as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but the upgrade is only 1 category within the class you chose. We just booked 2 cruises on Saturday while onboard the Silhouette. We were able to pay for a C3 and get a C2. You can't pay for the highest regular balcony and go up to Concierge, just within the same category.

The pamphlet I have does not mention a category upgrade for booking onboard but we did get it so your mileage may vary. ;)

I just left the Summit on March 29. We didn't book while onboard, but in reading the flier about the onboard booking offer, the upgrade info was missing, so I assumed it was no longer being offered. Glad to hear it's still part of the deal. We sail on Eclipse in October and are considering making a booking while on that cruise.

• 1 month later...
So is there any reason not to do the on board booking? Low deposit and normal cancellation or change policy right?

Thanks

We could not find one, as you can move it if you do not know what sailing you really want and supposedly you can get price drops, but that's another thread.

I did not find any mention of booking for another couple and I do not recall it mentioned. So I am only 80 percent sure you cannot. :rolleyes: hopefully the 100 % will show up soon.

So is there any reason not to do the on board booking? Low deposit and normal cancellation or change policy right?

Thanks

No reason not to (aside from the same with any booking that some people prefer to wait until after final payment for discounts.) But you won't be disadvantaged booking onboard compared to booking elsewhere - at worst, it'll just be the same.

Is it still possible to book a future cruise for someone else that is not on the sailing with you and can they receive the onboard booking promos?.

Not a question I asked, but the 123Go shipboard offer has one condition stating: "All guests in the stateroom must book while they are onboard."

Based on that, to get the offer, they'd have to be onboard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamthesea View Post

Is it still possible to book a future cruise for someone else that is not on the sailing with you and can they receive the onboard booking promos?.

Not a question I asked, but the 123Go shipboard offer has one condition stating: "All guests in the stateroom must book while they are onboard."

On the Summit in April/14 we booked 2 cabins, the first for us onboard at the time and a second for the DD's - not onboard. Both cabins received the promos - OBC for the category, the drink package and we did book in Can $'s. The CC category upgrade A2 to A1, C3 to C2 was available.

A point of interest in booking on-board and where your current sailing was booked through an agency. Your new on-board booking defaults to the agency unless you request Celebrity to be agent of record (you still have 60 days to transfer to an agency). In our case the sailing was booked through a well known agency that advertises on CruiseCritic which charges their own $200 cancellation fee. My feeling was they did nothing to deserve the new booking and would actually penalize us if we cancelled outside of the cruiselines' 75 or 90 day cancellation time element.

We have booked on board several times and were charged in AUS$. One thing to be aware of is some local TAs have as part of there T&C that they reserve the right to adjust the price before full payment is made if the dollar drops too much even if quoted in AUS$. If you book through Celebrity once you have paid your deposit they honour that price.

I just booked onboard the Summit last week for a future cruise and received the 123go promo, onboard credit and one category upgrade for myself and my DH (DH was not onboard the cruise with me). If it was in the fine print, it wasn't an issue when booking onboard. I would think at least one person in the stateroom would need to be onboard to book.

Yes, that statement is a little obscure. :rolleyes: When DH and I were onboard last September, we booked a couple of more cruises for ourselves, but then I booked a cruise for my daughters and I. DH not on that one. We received all the above mentioned incentives.

I guess as long as one of the passengers onboard books a cruise that involves at least one taking another cruise, it's fine. The reason I asked my question is that on an upcoming cruise next week, I wanted to book a Fall cruise for my daughter and son-in-law to celebrate their 5th anniversary. We would not be sailing with them. Thought it would be nice to get them the perks. Doesn't sound like that would work. :(

Wow k_II a $200 cancellation fee is pretty steep. I don't think I could use that agency.

I always book direct with Celebrity and move where it needs to go later. It is a lot more hassle, I usually haven't the foresight to know what I want to book before I board to shop the booking.

Yes, that statement is a little obscure. :rolleyes: When DH and I were onboard last September, we booked a couple of more cruises for ourselves, but then I booked a cruise for my daughters and I. DH not on that one. We received all the above mentioned incentives.

I guess as long as one of the passengers onboard books a cruise that involves at least one taking another cruise, it's fine. The reason I asked my question is that on an upcoming cruise next week, I wanted to book a Fall cruise for my daughter and son-in-law to celebrate their 5th anniversary. We would not be sailing with them. Thought it would be nice to get them the perks. Doesn't sound like that would work. :(

I think you can buy them the Open Passages certificate.

It won't have as many benefits as actually booking a cruise on board but they'll get some OBC.

I would look for a nice future cruise consultant (not all of them are nice :( )

and ask what your options are.

Before you used to be able to get people to sail with you within 30 days and get the onboard benefits for those people. I asked this when I booked onboard in April and they said no. So I guess it sounds like you have to be willing to book and deposit for the other guests while you are onboard.

I don't think anyone answered my question, and if so, I missed it.

We booked onboard and initially booked a TA so received OBC only since TA's and short cruises do not qualify for the drinks package (which was fine).

We recently transfered that booking because of a conflict with the date, and are now on another cruise (which is not a transatlantic). While onboard we were told we could combine the onboard booking promo with one other offer. So now we have the drinks package and book on board OBC. There is a new deployment OBC on the cruise we transfered to and while initially it was added to our booking, Celebrity removed it a they said we already had two promotions.

What I am being told makes sense logically, but I just want to make sure it is correct.

I remember last year (or December 2012) when they combined 3 promos for some bookings made onboard. So, is the booking onboard benefits in total considered a single promo, or do they count OBC and drinks package as two promotions whether booked onboard or not?

I hope my question is clear.

Edited by Jade13