getting a upgrade.

i have never really sailed before and i have heard of people getting on the boat early to secure any upgrades.

can any one tell me about how it works and the success we have a very basic room as its last min and just want to possible get a balcony or better point on the boat we are on the majesty of the seas going friday thanks

There are very few ships that have any cabins left once you get to the pier. If there are any you will need to pay to upgrade. You can check at guest services once you board or possibly with the pier co-ordinator.

If you really want a balcony you are best to keep checking prices for price drops before you sail and if you see a reduced price on the balcony then call and do a paid upgrade.

Just noticed that you you said Majesty. All the balconies are suites. I would think that all these would be gone either through people booking hem or by being used for complimentary upgrades by C&A.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

They will probably have a sign up saying ...We are sorry but the ship is sold out so no cabin changes..

All most all cruiselines do that now even if they are not sold out.

Call your travel agent now and ask them how much it would cost to upgrade and PAY...that is the only way .....

As mentioned, available staterooms for check in upgrades are rare. Most upgrades are issued by the week prior to sailing. At check in there frequently are signs posted about the ship being full with no available staterooms.

Occasionally there may no shows (very rare also) or some other last minute cancellation that would only have an available stateroom confirmed once check in is complete. Also as mentioned, the final check for availability would be on board through guest services. No guarantee that this would be an upgrade from what you would already have, however.

i have never really sailed before and i have heard of people getting on the boat early to secure any upgrades.

can any one tell me about how it works and the success we have a very basic room as its last min and just want to possible get a balcony or better point on the boat we are on the majesty of the seas going friday thanks

You can't "get on the ship early" and secondly your chances are just about zero, hope that helps....:D

here is your best scenario:

Go to guest services when you board they will let you know if the ship was sold out and let them know if you are willing to pay for an upgrade then go back around 15 minutes after final boarding they will know who missed the ship and again ask if you can get an upgrade they will say no but again let them know you would entertain paying for an upgrade and it is all about timing and being in the right place at the right time.

I have got free upgrades when weather effected a cruise but have also went from an inside to a suite on a 9 day for $500 not per but $500 total which was a superb deal and the points helped get me to Dplus quicker.

Also go into your profile on crown and anchor and post that you will accept an upgrade since we would travel with family we could never hit the auto upgrade but if you are ok with auto upgrade that is your best free upgrade and again the higher points you have the better the chance to get one before you sail.

The OP is NOT C&A yet....never has sailed!

It's true...."free" upgrades are few and far between. Your best bet is to pay for the cabin you want from the get-go. If you won't be happy in what you booked, don't book it!

i am not unhappy but i would have liked to get a better room if possible and as there were none showing i wondered if i could buy one once on board, i do not mind paying the extra but none were showing above me only very expensive top suits so i was hoping some one else would take the top ones and leave a better lower room free to buy a upgrade on

that was my plan

When we boarded the Allure last July we were told the ship was sold out.

Then at the infamous bingo games one of the prizes was a Crown loft suite next to ours.

The winners moved in on Wednesday, we met them in the CL.

Could not have happened to a nicer couple.

They both had mobility issues and I am sure the suite made their cruise.

Sea Ya