solarium - Looks beautiful but....

tbmrt

I love the idea of having an indoor adults only pool on the Equinox, but is the Solarium really a nice place to hang out in since it is enclosed? Chlorine odor like many indoor pools? Any view to sea?

I've read that the outside adults only pool rule really isn't enforced....True?

You can definitely smell chlorine in the solarium but I wouldn't say it's off putting in any way. As for views to sea, both sides of the ship have views outward. When you're in the hot tub you can look out at the sea. If you're in the pool in the middle, you can still see there's seas but wont see all that much from there as there are loungers and a hot tub between you and the outside windows.

The adults rule is enforced as far as I know - UNLESS it's really inclement weather outside and then they open it up to younger. I've never seen kids in the solarium - however I've never sailed on a cruise with many kids on Celebrity in the Med or Canada. There have only ever been a handful of kids on any of my sailings.

Hope this helps some. Personally I enjoy the solarium.

It isn't a place that I put on my must do list however the last couple of cruises I have spent time in there when it's been cold outside and used one of the beds to read. Another time when it was good weather I got the pool to myself for a long time. However I've never noticed the smell

we enjoy it before it gets crowed and noisy w/chatter on sea days or on port days if we are staying on board.....nice escape from loud music outdoor pool area...and adults only is mostly enforced unless special hrs for children...

sometimes it is used as a place for "day long" naps so not so easy to get a spot once the loungers are taken..

have never seen the roof open (if it does open)..would be nice at night to view the stars!!

they used to have a great lunch at the cafe there--not sure if they are still doing that with the grilled salmon and chicken..

we enjoy it before it gets crowed and noisy w/chatter on sea days or on port days if we are staying on board.....nice escape from loud music outdoor pool area...and adults only is mostly enforced unless special hrs for children...

sometimes it is used as a place for "day long" naps so not so easy to get a spot once the loungers are taken..

have never seen the roof open (if it does open)..would be nice at night to view the stars!!

they used to have a great lunch at the cafe there--not sure if they are still doing that with the grilled salmon and chicken..

Agree, the solarium is really a very quiet and relaxing area. I am a melanoma patient and avoid the sun, therefore it is perfect for me. The Solarium is for ages 16 and over, however Celebrity has it on their web site that they reserve the right to allow children into the Solarium upon Inclement weather.

As others have said there are no outdoor adult pools.

Edited by dkjretired

We aren't generally pool lounging people or even lounging people. However, we loved lounging in the solarium on the Eclipse on sea days during our February Caribbean cruise We were always able to find two loungers together. We enjoyed the view. Maybe it wasn't as nice as the outdoor deck, but we loved the peace and quiet, as well as the lack of wind. We were very active on port days, and so got the R&R part of our vacation in the solarium on sea days!

Edited by gryffin123

We aren't generally pool lounging people or even lounging people. However, we loved lounging in the solarium on the Eclipse on sea days during our February Caribbean cruise We were always able to find two loungers together. We enjoyed the view. Maybe it wasn't as nice as the outdoor deck, but we loved the peace and quiet, as well as the lack of wind. We were very active on port days, and so got the R&R part of our vacation in the solarium on sea days!

My opinion exactly.

We have seen a sign on the solarium door saying that accompanied children will be allowed between certain hours, usually 2-3 pm I think, when we were on fall transatlantic cruises, but have never seen more than two (well behaved) children there.

Sheila

I generally find it too warm (even airconditioned :)). No overwhelming chemical odors, but of course the pools are saltwater pools with limited chemicals.

Guests do need to be 16YO or older. Typically on cold weather itineraries, they have scheduled times when younger kids can use the indoor facilities. It is a regular throughfare so kids may wander through on their way from point a to point b without being harrassed. Age restriction is typically well-policed, but if you see an issue, bring it to the attention of a ship employee.

I LOVE the Solarium Pool area:) I usually bring a book but the loungers

are so nice I end up napping most of the time;).....they have nice

thick cushions on them and when you ask is it a nice place to hang out?

To me, it is a great place to hang out:D

As others mentioned, there is no "outdoor adult only pool". Not sure

where you heard there is but there has never been a pool outside for

adults only.