Boarding Crown 4/5 - 2 questions

fabby50

Hello! Boarding the Crown this Saturday for our long awaited California Coastal Cruise :)

Two questions from recent cruisers:

Princess gave sent us the "staggered boarding" email. Looks like they are ignoring this and people are boarding at standard times of around noon. Is this the case? Wondering about stopping on the way down to have lunch or if we can skip it and get in a line somewhere.

Current movies? Just curious -

Thank you all in advance. READY FOR A VACATION!

Hello! Boarding the Crown this Saturday for our long awaited California Coastal Cruise :)

Princess gave sent us the "staggered boarding" email. Looks like they are ignoring this and people are boarding at standard times of around noon. Is this the case? Wondering about stopping on the way down to have lunch or if we can skip it and get in a line somewhere.

Boarding times are a suggestion only.

Arrive around 11:00 boarding usually starts around Noon.

Last Vegas

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Thor: The Dark World

Gravity

Captain Phillips

Mamma Mia

Edited by Colo Cruiser

If my math is correct I believe that the Crown will be arriving on April 5th from a 49 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale around Cape Horn to San Pedro. We were on board the Star Princess in March 2012 when it arrived San Pedro from South America. There were long delays caused by Immigration and Customs. Again in March 2013 we were boarding the Star in San Pedro on the day it arrived from South America. There were long boarding delays, I don't think we were on board until 2pm or so.

So, just keep this in mind. The delays were not the fault of Princess. Once you board there are lots of places to eat including the buffet, Grill, International Cafe, Pizza, and the DR if you board before 1:30pm.

If my math is correct I believe that the Crown will be arriving on April 5th from a 49 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale around Cape Horn to San Pedro. We were on board the Star Princess in March 2012 when it arrived San Pedro from South America. There were long delays caused by Immigration and Customs. Again in March 2013 we were boarding the Star in San Pedro on the day it arrived from South America. There were long boarding delays, I don't think we were on board until 2pm or so.

So, just keep this in mind. The delays were not the fault of Princess. Once you board there are lots of places to eat including the buffet, Grill, International Cafe, Pizza, and the DR if you board before 1:30pm.

That's a very, very good point. I was on that cruise (albeit from Santiago to San Francisco; we didn't stop at San Pedro) and disembarkation could only be described as horrendous. I was scheduled to be off the ship at 9am for a 12:30pm flight but was stuck on the stairs to disembark for almost two hours and missed my flight. People embarking were delayed by hours and didn't embark until mid- to late-afternoon. Any cruise back from South America gets extra special "scrutiny" by US Customs & Immigration. You can get there early but don't be surprised if there are long delays. Edited by Pam in CA

That's a very, very good point. I was on that cruise (albeit from Santiago to San Francisco;

Yes, my mistake, we disembarked in 2012 in SF, not San Pedro. But, in 2013 we boarded in San Pedro. But, delays mentioned for both are accurate.