Help please

So I need to change my cruise date from a March sailing to an earlier date. Does my travel agent adjust this or can I do it myself?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TA will do it :)

Come to find out the cost is $319 cheaper and he's taking away $25 in on board credit. I thought that was kind of rude. I won't be using him as a TA in the future.

I wouldn't necessarily call it rude. The OBC the TA gives you is out of their profit (commissions) paid based on your cruise price. Thus if cruise is cheaper, the TA is making less profit, and that is why your (and most) Ta's reduce OBC in these instances.

Since you are no way near a penalty phase for cancelling the cruise entirely and booking directly with the cruise line of you choice, THAT is the route I believe would best serve. The agent that has the booking and down payment has to refund it to you, you are out of having to deal with him again and you start over, dealing direct with line.

Edited by MamaTene

It is unfortunately that some people cant seem to express themselves or their views without attacking. I see that you are relatively new to this site TropicalIslandGirl..sad that this is the type of responses you are getting. Again, feel free to join our group on the Royal Princess Feb7-17 sailing. Check out our Roll Call even if you wont be sailing with us. Lots of information there that will assist you in educating yourself on how all this works. One question, are you sailing alone? If so, I know there is a 200% upcharge on the pp rate. Look for posts from me on the Roll Call...MamaTene. We aren't permitted to post our email addresses on this site as that is against policy

The best advice I can give you is to try to do a mock booking on the Cruise Lines website. Pick your sailing and your category of room. See what the price comes out to be. If you get a better price than what the TA is giving you. Cancel your cruise with him/her and book directly yourself.

Keep in mind that some TA's have cancellation fees, so if your does make sure you put that into play when you are figuring out which way works out better for you.

As for TA's themselves. There are some very good ones and there are some very bad ones. Unfortunately we are not allowed to name either on this site, so if you wish to use a TA ask your friends and relatives for their recommendations. Then check them out with the BBB. Some people love to work with them and others do not. It is a personal preference that only you can make.

I do hope that it all works out for you and that you dont let this 1 bad experience ruin your entire vacation.

Good luck to you! I had a similar thing happen to me last year with people coming down on me about a simple question that I asked. Eventually the thread was closed. I was disappointed that I tried to get advice, but others weren't very nice. Enjoy your cruise!! When is all said and done hrs is what is important!!!

It is unfortunately that some people cant seem to express themselves or their views without attacking. I see that you are relatively new to this site TropicalIslandGirl..sad that this is the type of responses you are getting. Again, feel free to join our group on the Royal Princess Feb7-17 sailing. Check out our Roll Call even if you wont be sailing with us. Lots of information there that will assist you in educating yourself on how all this works. One question, are you sailing alone? If so, I know there is a 200% upcharge on the pp rate. Look for posts from me on the Roll Call...MamaTene. We aren't permitted to post our email addresses on this site as that is against policy

Thank you MamaTene.

There is a group of 8 of us going, only two of us has ever cruised before. The age ranges from 12yrs old to 53.

I came to this forum looking for advice on what to do. There are other details of changed events that had taken place after my original post a few days ago that has put in out of pocket another $1,200.

yes I was originally going to be saving $300, and in a blink of an eye which is now costing me an additional $1,200 which wasn't explained to me.

so yes I'm a bit upset and don't know how to fix it or how to go about it.

Good luck to you! I had a similar thing happen to me last year with people coming down on me about a simple question that I asked. Eventually the thread was closed. I was disappointed that I tried to get advice, but others weren't very nice. Enjoy your cruise!! When is all said and done hrs is what is important!!!

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I saw that RCCL had the room available on their website and asked to have that room booked. The TA called RCCL and was told by my TA the room was booked and no longer available. So I took the TAs word for it.

Low and behold after he booked this very expensive room that I just can't afford to pay, the room is still available on their website.

On Monday cancel with the TA.... Tomorrow morning go online and put a 24hr hold on a cabin you want and can afford! If this cruise is not until Jan 2015 there is no penalty involved just a lesson learned!

Good luck and go back on line and make sure there is a cabin you can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

I changed my original sailing. When I did that and saw that there was the same room available on the earlier dates, it showed I would have saved $319. Thought hey that's great! I became upset because the TA promised me a certain amount of OBC and in my email States that I would remain having the same OBC offered regardless of date change.

They then revoked it stating that they were sorry for taking back some of my OBC but they were losing commission. Just Didnt find it necessary to say hey I'm losing money so now I'm taking back my original offer as promised.

Let the $25 go... You have a much bigger issue and you are dwelling on the tiny thing when you are on the line for a $5000 cabin.

Cancel with this idiot and rebook and do it ASAP!

Let the $25 go... You have a much bigger issue and you are dwelling on the tiny thing when you are on the line for a $5000 cabin.

Cancel with this idiot and rebook and do it ASAP!

Oh and by the way if your new contract costs more then they are making a larger commission.