Suite dinner question

cruisedad2

We have booked our first suite ever...a Sky Suite...for a Dec. 2015

Cruise. Our girls are in a regular cabin. Will Celebrity let all four do us eat together in the Suite dining room? Obviously we want to eat together as a family.

Cruise. Our girls are in a regular cabin. Will Celebrity let all four do us eat together in the Suite dining room? Obviously we want to eat together as a family.

The concept hasn't been formalized yet. Don't know if Sky Suites will even be included. With only 40-50 seats I would think not. I would guess that they would follow the same rules as Blu and people not staying in a Suite couldn't dine there. This is all speculation on my part. No one knows.

I would be inclined to agree with Orator.

The suite restaurant will, in all probability, be run in a similar fashion to Blu. That would mean that only suite class passengers will be allowed to dine in it with no exceptions.

It's not set in stone, but what would be the purpose of having a suite only dining room and allow non suite guests to dine in it?

From all that I have read about the new suite amenities, Sky Suites will be included for the restaurant.

Have you checked into a Royal Suite, where all 4 of you could be? 3rd and 4th persons in a RS cost less than 1/2 price. There is loads of room, storage and on S class, a 2 piece bathroom in addition to the master bath.

If all of you are in a RS, you all get the suite dining experience.

Have you checked into a Royal Suite, where all 4 of you could be? 3rd and 4th persons in a RS cost less than 1/2 price. There is loads of room, storage and on S class, a 2 piece bathroom in addition to the master bath.

If all of you are in a RS, you all get the suite dining experience.

Interesting. The RS on the cruises that I have considered seem to be around twice the cost of a SS, so that may be an expensive option. I am not sure the suite dining would be worth the extra cost.

Did you make this comment about Sky Suites because you did not read the information on the Celebrity website that states that the Sky Suites are included? Or are you guessing that they will change the policy and remove the Sky Suites?

Did you make this comment about Sky Suites because you did not read the information on the Celebrity website that states that the Sky Suites are included? Or are you guessing that they will change the policy and remove the Sky Suites?

I would image that the comment was made because of what was said by a Celebrity representative in an article on Cruise Critic.

Did not read the information on the website as I was cruising when it was posted. Did hear some discussion on the ship about the concept and the feeling that the planned venue wouldn't be large enough to cover the demand. That's one reason why Zenith was not included. Perhaps they'll treat it like Blu??? Will AQ Suites be assigned Blu or the new venue? Will they have a choice? I've been told over and over that there will probably be changes along the way as they see how everything is working. Thanks for calling my attention to the announcement.

Did not read the information on the website as I was cruising when it was posted. Did hear some discussion on the ship about the concept and the feeling that the planned venue wouldn't be large enough to cover the demand. That's one reason why Zenith was not included. Perhaps they'll treat it like Blu??? Will AQ Suites be assigned Blu or the new venue? Will they have a choice? I've been told over and over that there will probably be changes along the way as they see how everything is working. Thanks for calling my attention to the announcement.

If you try to book an Aqua Suite after April 2015 they are now classified as S1's.

Mary Lou

I would say they will probably not be allowed. We were in a royal suite in March with the connecting concierge for the kids. We were told by our butler that we would be welcomed at Blu for breakfast, but that the children (15 and 17) would not be able to join us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You are certainly most welcome. Thank you for the follow up and explanation. I am a little sensitive on this point because one of the main reasons that I booked a suite for a November 2015 cruise was because I wanted to try this new benefit. I have always felt that Celebrity has been behind the competition on suite benefits and this is certainly a move in the right direction. If they decide to remove the benefit sometime after the introduction I would suspect there would be a grandfathering for those that booked when it was listed as a benefit.

With the low number of Zenith cruisers I cannot even imagine that space would be an issue. But I can certainly understand why they would not necessarily give Zenith cruisers all the suite benefits. Unless I am mistaken I do not think the Zenith cruisers can dine in Blu either.

If they are removing the Aqua Class Suite category it will be interesting to see what do they do about the Persian Garden. Perhaps with the new suites dining room they will remove the benefit of eating in Blu.

Like you said it is all speculation at this point and we should know by April 2015.

If they are removing the Aqua Class Suite category it will be interesting to see what do they do about the Persian Garden. Perhaps with the new suites dining room they will remove the benefit of eating in Blu.

Since Reflection is the only ship with Aqua Class Suites there should be no changes to Blu or Persian Gardens fleet wide for those booked in a standard Aqua Class Stateroom. I suspect they are changing the AQ Suites to S1's because of the new Suite dining room which would be perceived to be a class above Blu. It was probably not possible to book an AQ Suite on the new itineraries.

Mary Lou