Skip111

Is their any way to get extra points.it seems we are always just a few point from the. Next step

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Points are now based on which cat of cabin you book.

Stateroom Category Club Points Earned per Night

Inside/Ocean View 2

Veranda 3

Concierge Class/AquaClass® 5

Sky, Century or AquaClass Suite 8

Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite 12

Reflection or Penthouse Suite

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=cc_the_club#sthash.bUXF2jtc.dpuf

Points are now based on which cat of cabin you book.

Stateroom Category Club Points Earned per Night

Inside/Ocean View 2

Veranda 3

Concierge Class/AquaClass® 5

Sky, Century or AquaClass Suite 8

Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite 12

Reflection or Penthouse Suite

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=cc_the_club#sthash.bUXF2jtc.dpuf

Also important to note that if originally book for example a CC cabin, then after payment is made upgrade to a Sky suite, you will only get points for a CC cabin. My DH and I decided to upgrade about three weeks before our March 23 sailing. We paid about $1000 to upgrade to an S1 cabin on the Silhouette. This was after our final payment was made. Even though the price of a Sky Suite continued to drop lower closer to the sailing , we were only awarded the points for a CC cabin. I found that unfair as we paid more! The people who booked at the last minute, paid less and got a suite also got extra points.

Really not fair. I have complained to Celebrity corporate and await a response. We are Elite members, soon to be Elite plus, and this policy is very dissappointing.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I would also expect to get points for the category in which I sailed. I hope this was a mistake vs a policy.

I hope they didn't deny you the butler since you only upgraded to a suite:)

Unfortunately-not a mistake-policy- But you are correct- we did get all of the perks associated with an S1! With a wonderful butler!:) Dominic- best butler we ever had.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I am at the same state of mind

Booked a balcony on the Connie under the old system & upgraded to Concierge to get the extra point to get to Elite. The system changed and now we are still short

Booked Silhouette onboard Connie. We booked Concierge but upgraded to Aqua class for the extra 25 points but it has not shown on my profile on website

Yesterday I called & they say my info is wrong I only get the extra points AFTER the sailing. So out of luck again

NOT happy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am at the same state of mind

Booked a balcony on the Connie under the old system & upgraded to Concierge to get the extra point to get to Elite. The system changed and now we are still short

Booked Silhouette onboard Connie. We booked Concierge but upgraded to Aqua class for the extra 25 points but it has not shown on my profile on website

Yesterday I called & they say my info is wrong I only get the extra points AFTER the sailing. So out of luck again

NOT happy

The system is flawed. Also, I thought you get the same points for CC and AQ. Why did you expect more?

Txs

The system is flawed. Also, I thought you get the same points for CC and AQ. Why did you expect more?

Txs

They had a bonus of 25 points for AQ cabins if you booked between certain dates. There are a couple of threads about it on this board.

They had a bonus of 25 points for AQ cabins if you booked between certain dates. There are a couple of threads about it on this board.

I do not recall seeing the bonus points for AQ . I would change if still offering any idea if they are? We have a few more cruise booked in CC and the cost is about the same for AQ.

Thanks,

Yes they promised the extra 25 only for Aqua and now they are reneging saying after the sailing you get them. Not nice at all

I'm finding that Celebrity is not keeping their word

Unfortunately-not a mistake-policy- But you are correct- we did get all of the perks associated with an S1! With a wonderful butler!:) Dominic- best butler we ever had.

I'm not challenging you but challenging Celebrity to point to documentation for this policy. I don't see how it could possibly be worded. You paid for S1 category. I could understand it if it was a complimentary upgrade but it wasn't.

Any chance it was a discounted "upsell" to the suite?

Edited by wrk2cruise

I do not recall seeing the bonus points for AQ . I would change if still offering any idea if they are? We have a few more cruise booked in CC and the cost is about the same for AQ.

Thanks,

This was stated to us onboard during certain dates. Our sailing was in January

Also important to note that if originally book for example a CC cabin, then after payment is made upgrade to a Sky suite, you will only get points for a CC cabin. My DH and I decided to upgrade about three weeks before our March 23 sailing. We paid about $1000 to upgrade to an S1 cabin on the Silhouette. This was after our final payment was made. Even though the price of a Sky Suite continued to drop lower closer to the sailing , we were only awarded the points for a CC cabin.

Is this a new policy since the conversion system ? We have upgraded a couple times as well after final payment when Aqua dropped in price. Last time was Oct 13 just before conversion, and we have always received the extra point for Aqua.

Is this a new policy since the conversion system ? We have upgraded a couple times as well after final payment when Aqua dropped in price. Last time was Oct 13 just before conversion, and we have always received the extra point for Aqua.

I am not sure if this is "new policy" but as previously stated I did write a complaint letter to Sr. Management at Celebrity and await a response. Perhaps new policy. But it is very disturbing. We sail so often and typically enjoy upgrading a few weeks before our actual sail date if the price drops to what we feel is comfortable for our budget- so now I know I have to move prior to the payment in full date or not get the points.

This is truly "nickle and dime" and no way to win loyality or encourage upgrades. Maybe we should consider Princess again in the future.

Yes they promised the extra 25 only for Aqua and now they are reneging saying after the sailing you get them. Not nice at all

Old program, we never got the credit for a sailing till 'after' we got home. It is no different with the conversion. How can they give a credit to your CC account when you have not completed the requirements?

We had 2 sailings not showing, made copies of the sea pass cards, faxed them in to CC, and the sailing and points showed up on 'My Celebrity' in a couple of weeks.

To clarify: The bonus point offer was for cruises booked by January 31, 2014 (originally November 30, but extended) for AQ cabin or higher. Eligible cruises started on February 1, 2014.The points were to take two weeks from disembarkation to be posted; however, the offer was never coded and points have not been added as yet. Still waiting to see my bonus points from February 3rd cruise. If the points you earned take you to the next level and your next cruise is two weeks away place a call to Captain's Club and they will adjust your level prior to your cruise so that you get your new benefits. However, the points will not show on your "My Celebrity" page. A number,including me,have reported this on another thread. My strong impression is that Celebrity recognizes the problem and will make sure that allcruisers get their full benefits.

Is their any way to get extra points.it seems we are always just a few point from the. Next step

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'll give you 100 points just for makeing this post. Don't you feel better now?

I don't know of any company, including Celebrity, that gives the points upfront; they all give then after your cruise, flight and purchase. I also don't recall anything on the offer that said they were rewarding the points any differently than they always did and that would be after the cruise.

I don't know of any company, including Celebrity, that gives the points upfront; they all give then after your cruise, flight and purchase. I also don't recall anything on the offer that said they were rewarding the points any differently than they always did and that would be after the cruise.

You are correct- people do change cabins and cancel cruises. It takes up to 2 weeks after your cruise to have points posted. That is how I knew that I only got cc points when I actually had and paid for a Sky Suite.

Correct. You only earn your points when your cruise is completed. There has been some confusion since they went from the old system to the new system . The new system calculates points earned by days and not for the entire cruise. However, they did not change how or when the points are added. I know one couple that left their last cruise 5 points short of a higher level. They wondered if they would achieve the new level after the first day of their next cruise. The answer was "no" since no points are added until the entire cruise has ended. Hope this helps.

Old program, we never got the credit for a sailing till 'after' we got home. It is no different with the conversion. How can they give a credit to your CC account when you have not completed the requirements?

We had 2 sailings not showing, made copies of the sea pass cards, faxed them in to CC, and the sailing and points showed up on 'My Celebrity' in a couple of weeks.

You are correct, the small print on the advertisement for it said you get the points after sailing which only makes common sense. Can you see the problems associated with giving it to people prior to sailing.

The actual wording relative to the award of the 25 points was always clearly stated and I quote in part"...Bonus Club points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing." How else could it be? Of course the 14 day period is a joke, as many of us have learned

Also important to note that if originally book for example a CC cabin, then after payment is made upgrade to a Sky suite, you will only get points for a CC cabin.

I understand that if you receive a free upgrade, you're not going to get any additional points-- it's the category you purchased, not the category you sailed in. But if you purchase an upgrade, it should count.

Can any more experienced cruisers confirm you do not get the additional points if you purchase an upgrade?

I understand that if you receive a free upgrade, you're not going to get any additional points-- it's the category you purchased, not the category you sailed in. But if you purchase an upgrade, it should count.

Can any more experienced cruisers confirm you do not get the additional points if you purchase an upgrade?

My personal experience is that whenever I've purchased an upgrade I received the points associated with the upgrade. The Suite price was actually less than my Concierge for my last Adriatic cruise so I move to the Sky Suite at no additional cost. Received the Sky Suite points for that cruise. Now there's a wrinkle in the system. If Celebrity offers you a complementary upgrade you may not receive the higher points. Another wrinkle: if you receive a free cruise you do not get points. However, if you pay for any upgrade you do. Confusing? That's Celebrity.