Skip111

The actual wording relative to the award of the 25 points was always clearly stated and I quote in part"...Bonus Club points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing." How else could it be? Of course the 14 day period is a joke, as many of us have learned

Just curious, have you received them yet.....

My personal experience is that whenever I've purchased an upgrade I received the points associated with the upgrade. The Suite price was actually less than my Concierge for my last Adriatic cruise so I move to the Sky Suite at no additional cost. Received the Sky Suite points for that cruise. Now there's a wrinkle in the system. If Celebrity offers you a complementary upgrade you may not receive the higher points. Another wrinkle: if you receive a free cruise you do not get points. However, if you pay for any upgrade you do. Confusing? That's Celebrity.

I sailed March 23 and as previously stated three weeks before sail date paid an additional $1000 to go from Cc to S1, only got CC points. I was told since I paid in full and after upgraded, I wasn't entitled to SS points. That wasn't fair as if you booked one week prior to the cruise, you would pay less then i paid, also get 123 go or pypbev and get Suite points. Not fair to those who book early and decide to upgrade after final payment.

I sailed March 23 and as previously stated three weeks before sail date paid an additional $1000 to go from Cc to S1, only got CC points. I was told since I paid in full and after upgraded, I wasn't entitled to SS points. That wasn't fair as if you booked one week prior to the cruise, you would pay less then i paid, also get 123 go or pypbev and get Suite points. Not fair to those who book early and decide to upgrade after final payment.

If you paid the price for the Suite as listed you are entitled to the points. Call Captain's Club. Have your reservation number and your Seapass handy. If the person you speak to doesn't get you the points ask to speak to someone in the Post Cruise Department. You could also email: contactmichael@ celebrity.com and explain your position. You should get a call from them in a few days. Hope it works for you.

I paid to upgrade on two cruises that sailed on after the conversion. I have received the points associated with the higher category for each cruise.

My personal experience is that whenever I've purchased an upgrade I received the points associated with the upgrade. The Suite price was actually less than my Concierge for my last Adriatic cruise so I move to the Sky Suite at no additional cost. Received the Sky Suite points for that cruise. Now there's a wrinkle in the system. If Celebrity offers you a complementary upgrade you may not receive the higher points. Another wrinkle: if you receive a free cruise you do not get points. However, if you pay for any upgrade you do. Confusing? That's Celebrity.

Thanks, that was my understanding. If you're paying for a suite, you're paying for a suite and all that it entails, including points. It should not make a difference what your previous arrangements were. I thought it would be a good idea to clarify it for others.

I am not sure but I think there was promotion by Celebrity that gave 1 bonus point for every post made on Cruise Critic by anyone on their 125th birthday that was also married at least 100 years, but it was discontinued because too many were obtaining Zenith level without taking a cruise.

🚢

Unfortunately-not a mistake-policy- But you are correct- we did get all of the perks associated with an S1! With a wonderful butler!:) Dominic- best butler we ever had.

I'd have to see it as a mistake.

There's nothing in their policy that says it is not eligible. Since you paid for the grade, you should get the points for that grade. And, as another poster posted, they received the correct points in similar situations.

If you paid the price for the Suite as listed you are entitled to the points. Call Captain's Club. Have your reservation number and your Seapass handy. If the person you speak to doesn't get you the points ask to speak to someone in the Post Cruise Department. You could also email: contactmichael@ celebrity.com and explain your position. You should get a call from them in a few days. Hope it works for you.

Thanks i will try

I assume this was recently. I sent another e-mail to Celebrity regarding this issues. Hopefully, it will help

To:

Sent: Thu, Mar 27, 2014 10:01 am

Subject: RE: Points

Dear Ms. :

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for our delayed response.

We at the Captain's Club are proud to be able to offer all of the benefits of

the Captain's Club at no additional cost to our members. We regret to hear that

you are disappointed with our program and feel we are nickel and diming you.

Your comments regarding Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Captain's Club program are

truly appreciated. As we are continuously seeking to improve benefits for our

Celebrity Captain's Club members, we welcome your feedback. Please note that we

have forwarded your suggestion for further review.

To answer your question, the information you received is correct. While we are

happy to be able to offer upgrades at such a deeply discounted rate,

unfortunately, Club Points offered are based on the category purchased.

Ms. , we hope you, our valued Elite member, are having a wonderful

time onboard the Celebrity Silhouette.

Sincerely,

Jesse Locks

Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?

This was a response from an e-mail I previousl sent to Celebrity explaining I PAID $1000 for the upgrade! Not free. I have written them again

Edited by Cruise a holic

To:

Sent: Thu, Mar 27, 2014 10:01 am

Subject: RE: Points

Dear Ms. :

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for our delayed response.

We at the Captain's Club are proud to be able to offer all of the benefits of

the Captain's Club at no additional cost to our members. We regret to hear that

you are disappointed with our program and feel we are nickel and diming you.

Your comments regarding Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Captain's Club program are

truly appreciated. As we are continuously seeking to improve benefits for our

Celebrity Captain's Club members, we welcome your feedback. Please note that we

have forwarded your suggestion for further review.

To answer your question, the information you received is correct. While we are

happy to be able to offer upgrades at such a deeply discounted rate,

unfortunately, Club Points offered are based on the category purchased.

Ms. , we hope you, our valued Elite member, are having a wonderful

time onboard the Celebrity Silhouette.

Sincerely,

Jesse Locks

Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?

This was a response from an e-mail I previousl sent to Celebrity explaining I PAID $1000 for the upgrade! Not free. I have written them again

I find that response very odd.

As I understand it, the total price you paid was the same as if someone had made a new booking at that date?

Hence, you should earn at the same rate - it's not as though you got a discounted offer that was something not available to the public, is it?

I find that response very odd.

As I understand it, the total price you paid was the same as if someone had made a new booking at that date?

Hence, you should earn at the same rate - it's not as though you got a discounted offer that was something not available to the public, is it?

It was a published rate from the website- If we booked even later a guarantee suite or an S2 for the same sailing, we would have been awarded the points and paid less! I do not understand the logic of Celebrity. If we didn't pay additional and just moved over, or were given a free upgrade, I would understand- but paying $1000 more and not getting the points isn't fair. While on board, I did speak to a person who was in the future booking dept, I think her name was Donell and she told me we should get the points for the suite- So I am very frustrated. Truly, not that I need the Elite plus status, but it is the point of the issue!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Also important to note that if originally book for example a CC cabin, then after payment is made upgrade to a Sky suite, you will only get points for a CC cabin. My DH and I decided to upgrade about three weeks before our March 23 sailing. We paid about $1000 to upgrade to an S1 cabin on the Silhouette. This was after our final payment was made. Even though the price of a Sky Suite continued to drop lower closer to the sailing , we were only awarded the points for a CC cabin. I found that unfair as we paid more! The people who booked at the last minute, paid less and got a suite also got extra points.

Really not fair. I have complained to Celebrity corporate and await a response. We are Elite members, soon to be Elite plus, and this policy is very dissappointing.

I was going to ask about that. It is the same policy on HAL. After final payment if one upgrades to a suite (in HAL's case it is usually an upsell), one does not get the double points (with HAL there are only two options with the points, 1 point per night in most cases and 2 per night (double) for Suites). Of course that cruise line also gives extra points for spend.

Edited by Jade13

I was going to ask about that. It is the same policy on HAL. After final payment if one upgrades to a suite (in HAL's case it is usually an upsell), one does not get the double points (with HAL their are only two options with the points, 1 point per night in most cases and double for Suites). Of course that cruise line also gives extra points for spend.

I like that extra points for spend. We have made purchases in Jewelry store that really add up. We also typically dine in specialy rest. almost daily. That sounds fair to get extra points for spend.

• 1 month later...
Flight was delayed ..missed cruise....no insurance..what are the chances I receive points for the cruise?

If you're serious, the loss of points would be the last thing on my mind, were I you.

Just wondering since the trip was paid for if I would get the points. I am serious .....but I don't imagine I will get anything back except the taxes and pre paid tips. ?

I'm really sorry that you missed the cruise. Your situation is my worst nightmare, as DW and I fly standby which relieves us of a major cost, but always leaves us open to the bane of our existence: full flights.:eek: