Jewelry Onboard

Interesting experience at the jewelry store recently on RCCL. Normally all we buy on a ship is maybe a t-shirt, coffee mug, etc. We've never really "shopped" onboard in all our cruises. Recently however I spotted a rather expensive Swiss watch I really liked. In the end the price wasn't bad. I could have done a little better elsewhere, but it was a fair price and I really liked the model. So I decided to go for it and purchased the watch on my credit card. The salesman said come back in an hour and I'll have the band cut and adjusted. An hour later I happily pick up my new watch and wear it out of the store after he set the time, date, etc. Ten minutes later the hands haven't moved so I go back to the store. End result, the battery is dead, they have no other batteries, they say oh never mind give it back and we'll credit your VISA..........:rolleyes:

I wasn't angry or anything since they promptly refunded the money, but the whole thing seemed so odd. I guess from now on we'll stick to cheap trinkets at the RCCL gift shops:D

Edited by bouhunter

Interesting experience at the jewelry store recently on RCCL. Normally all we buy on a ship is maybe a t-shirt, coffee mug, etc. We've never really "shopped" onboard in all our cruises. Recently however I spotted a rather expensive Swiss watch I really liked. In the end the price wasn't bad. I could have done a little better elsewhere, but it was a fair price and I really liked the model. So I decided to go for it and purchased the watch on my credit card. The salesman said come back in an hour and I'll have the band cut and adjusted. An hour later I happily pick up my new watch and wear it out of the store after he set the time, date, etc. Ten minutes later the hands haven't moved so I go back to the store. End result, the battery is dead, they have no other batteries, they say oh never mind give it back and we'll credit your VISA..........:rolleyes:

I wasn't angry or anything since they promptly refunded the money, but the whole thing seemed so odd. I guess from now on we'll stick to cheap trinkets at the RCCL gift shops:D

There was a similar post regarding batteries on available in the jewelry/watch store on a Royal Caribbean ship....and of course the drama that ensued with posters saying yay and nay!

But it is amusingly odd that they don't carry them. Nice that you got your money back since most stores on land do not accept returns with the band adjusted.

At least they refunded your money! I just got the battery replaced in hubby's watch, and it was dead within 3 months. This wasn't on RCI, and the jewelry shop wouldn't make it good.....of course, they'll not get anymore of my business.