Hotel near to cruise terminal Fort launderdale

coops14

Thank you all so much for your help.

We have phoned our TA and they are offering Sheraton FL Beach Hotel, pelican grand beach! Hilton FL, Atlantic hotel & spa and Courtyard by Marriott FL.

I know we will just been staying one night, but which one would be the best for location to cruise terminal and a nice hotel.

Thanks again

These are all resort hotels on or near the Fort Lauderdale Beach. If you were staying a few days these would be good choices, but for an overnight stay you don't require a beach resort. The Pelican, Hilton and Atlantic are on the beach in North Fort Lauderdale not really near the port, and if I remember correctly there isn't any shopping/restaurants right there where you can grab last min. items before boarding. The Sheraton is also on the beach, but is further south and closer to the port. But, also, I don't believe there are stores nearby in this area. The Courtyard is also in the same area as the Sheraton, but I don't know anything about what is next to it.

As suggested by most on this post, I would stay the one night in the SE 17th St. area. We always stay there. Some of the hotels mentioned by other posters have breakfast included, some like the Renaissance do not, but you can purchase it there or just walk across or up the street to get a breakfast. The Embassy Suites is really close (out the side door) to a shopping mall where you can get wine at total wine. There is a super market there also where you can purchase other sundries like sunscreen, mouth wash, toothpaste, things you may not wish to carry on the flight. There are also a few quick places to dine in this shopping mall should you wish to have something upon arrival. Across from the Renaissance is a Walgreens Drug store which also carries a selection of wines as well as all the normal sundries. Tip, a private taxi to the pier from one of these hotels is about $10/12 plus a few dollars tip. The trip is 5 mins. tops. The hotel shuttles cost more.

:DIt seems so silly to pay for a transfer from Miami to Fort Lauderdale when there are perfectly nice hotels right near the Pier. I always stay in the Renasaince By the Pier Hotel its right across the street from the Culinary Art Institute which has fabulous dinners at very reasonable prices. The money you save can be put to upgrade your hotel to the "club" level which will entitle you to a great Breakfast and evening snacks and liquors, if you are so inclined. In any event, have a fabulous trip.

Is there a Publix/Walgreens near by and any good restaurants? Thanks.

There is a Publix in the shopping mall off 17th street. If you like Italian

food we enjoyed Giuliano's restaurant a short walk from the Publix.

Enjoy!:)

Walgreens is on the corner of 17th St/Eisenhower at the entrance to the port.

I thought Walgreens was on the corner of Happy and Healthy… :rolleyes:

Lew

Sent from my iPad Mini

Edited by -Lew-

Publix is in the Harbor Shops mall behind the Embassy Suites. There are at least 10 places to eat in the mall including sub shops, pizza, chains, Mexican fast food, The Lauderdale Grill. We dined in Gilbert's a nice NY Deli style restaurant.

Thanks for all your help here.

Our TA can only put us in the beach hotels, I did ask for a harbor hotel, but they do not have a contract with any of those and the hotel stay is included in our package.

So, we have chosen the Hilton FL beach hotel.

I have been looking at the harbor shops, they look good for picking up our two bottles of wine. Is it two bottles each or two between us? Can we take soda on board with us too?

How far is it from our hotel to the harbor shops and how long would it take in a taxi? Could we walk from there to the cruise terminal or could we get a taxi, once we have done our shopping, is it far?

Thanks again

Our TA can only put us in the beach hotels, I did ask for a harbor hotel, but they do not have a contract with any of those and the hotel stay is included in our package.

I have been looking at the harbor shops, they look good for picking up our two bottles of wine. Is it two bottles each or two between us? Can we take soda on board with us too?

How far is it from our hotel to the harbor shops and how long would it take in a taxi? Could we walk from there to the cruise terminal or could we get a taxi, once we have done our shopping, is it far?

Thanks again

Wine allowance is one bottle each .75 size not the 1 1/2 liter size. All others will be charged $15 corkage.

You can take all the soda and water you want aboard. No limits.

The Harbor Shops are approx. 4 1/2 miles from your hotel, and should take, depending on traffic, 10 - 15 minutes by taxi.

Yes, you could walk from the shopping center to the port entrance (if of course your ship was at Pier #2), however, you wouldn't want to with luggage and wine and soda.

All your purchases can be made in one place in that center; Publix. Unless you want specialty wine from a wine shop, Publix has a huge assortment and I'm sure you can find what you like there.

Thank you Pia.

If we asked the taxi driver to drop us off at publix. Do you know if we would beable to get a taxi to take us to the port, or could we ask or taxi driver to wait while we picked up wine etc. I know the meter would be running.

Thanks

Every time we've cruised out of Fort Lauderdale, for one reason or another (usually price), we've ended up staying in the same hotel...

The Marriott SpringHill Suites in Dania Beach...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/flldb-springhill-suites-fort-lauderdale-airport-and-cruise-port/

It's great for just a quick one night stay near the port...

They have free breakfast, free WiFi and Free shuttles from FLL Airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port...

The rooms are large and comfortable...

There is a large shopping center right across Stirling Blvd. with several restaurants...Fast food right in front of the hotel: Burger King, Chipotle, McDonalds, Taco Bell...plus several sit down restaurants in the shopping center...though most are down at the other end--a Diner, an Italian Restaurant, Red Lobster and a Salad Bar...

It is great for just relaxing and sleeping for one night...and getting to the pier...

We sign up for a shuttle time when we check in and find it fairly comfortable...and not at a very high price...

Edited by Bruin Steve

There are so many restaurants in the 17th st area. Stayed last time in that area and now am spoiled.Besides the shops that have been mentioned (shopping by the Publix), there is a Ross store across the street on 17th. It was winter and I couldn't find shorts at home. Went into Ross and got what I needed for our cruise and a really inexpensive price.

Thanks again

OK, your hotel is right on the beach just a little way north of the "center" of the beach area, Las Olas Blvd. Forget about the harbor shops, they are too far out of the way and the cost of the taxi and trouble is not worth it. There are places along Atlantic Blvd near your hotel where you can purchase wine, soda, sundries. Probably CVS Pharmacy just a few blocks south of your hotel carries wine. Also, a little less than a mile north on the same road is Ocean Wine & Spirts. Ask at the hotel. Your hotel is about 15 mins from the pier by taxi.

You can carry on as many 750ml bottles of wine on board as you like. One bottle per person can be carried on without charge for use in your cabin, additional bottles will be charged a $15/bottle corkage fee on boarding. These bottles will be marked and can be used anywhere on the ship.

Every time we've cruised out of Fort Lauderdale, for one reason or another (usually price), we've ended up staying in the same hotel...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/flldb-springhill-suites-fort-lauderdale-airport-and-cruise-port/

It's great for just a quick one night stay near the port...

They have free breakfast, free WiFi and Free shuttles from FLL Airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port...

The rooms are large and comfortable...

There is a large shopping center right across Stirling Blvd. with several restaurants...Fast food right in front of the hotel: Burger King, Chipotle, McDonalds, Taco Bell...plus several sit down restaurants in the shopping center...though most are down at the other end--a Diner, an Italian Restaurant, Red Lobster and a Salad Bar...

It is great for just relaxing and sleeping for one night...and getting to the pier...

We sign up for a shuttle time when we check in and find it fairly comfortable...and not at a very high price...

Steve. They have no choice of hotel selection. They must stay at a beach hotel which is already included in their fare.

Thank you Pia.

If we asked the taxi driver to drop us off at publix. Do you know if we would beable to get a taxi to take us to the port, or could we ask or taxi driver to wait while we picked up wine etc. I know the meter would be running.

Thanks

I would ask the driver to wait. Taxis don't usually cruise by, so you'd have to call or have someone call for one.

This may not be of use to the OP, but it is to me, so thank you for posting it. We try to use Marriott whenever we can and will need somewhere to stay before our January cruise from FL.

We stayed at Sheraton.cost to port was 24$ for two .dining options very limited ,lots of fried food in the bar and Mexican food in the dining room.We would not select this hotel again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops ! Forgot to say that we stayed at Sheraton Beach .Also Miami airport to hotel in Ft. Lauderdale was 78$ whereas transfers arranged by TA would have been 120$. Went outside Miami Airport and took a taxi immediately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last time we flew into Miami from the UK but sailed from FL we stayed in FL overnight. Not this time. Why?

We arrived in Miami early evening after a longish flight (30 hour day). Immigrations was ... well we all know about that in that US. Got a transfer to a "quality" beach side hotel in FL. Dumped bags; washed; went down for dinner. Too tired to eat much. Back to room Fell asleep. Taxi in the morning to ship.

This time we will stay at an airport hotel in Miami, no long drive, be able to enjoy dinner 8ish rather than 10ish, have breakfast in the morning then take a cab to the pier in FL around 10am. Journey is normally less than an hour. If it take two or three (however unlikely) does it matter?

And the Hilton in Miami airport is a lot less expensive than their hotel we stayed in in FL.

In agreement with Baloon Man. We have recently returned from our first cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. We took a shuttle from MIA to HIlton Marina 17th st with view of terminal. After checking in, quick wash and change of clothes it was 9.30. Couldn't see anywhere to eat within walking distance so ended up in the hotel restaurant which was Chinese, unfortunately our least favourite cuisine.

I must say I prefer to cruise out of Miami. Easy taxi ride from MIA, great hotel in the Intercontinental within walking distance of Bayside with plenty of restaurants, bars and free entertainment. I also prefer the atmosphere of a Miami departure.

The idea of the Miami airport hotel is probably good but you will be spending a lot of time there on your return if you're flying back to UK overnight. It would be nice to spend a night at a Lauderdale beach hotel on your return.