Cats onboard oasis of the seas

Nice title.

I thought that you were going to say that you have seen cats on board a cruise ship acting as service animals.

The CATS/Oasis announcement was made several days ago, and was reported on this board then.

:)

Lol why do most people not like CATS?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

*LOL*

When it opened in the early 80s it was the hottest ticket in town. The story itself wasn't so much, but the costumes and sets were pretty great for the day.

Then "Memories" became the show stopping big hit , and it became one of those songs you couldn't escape. Plus at the time Andrew Lloyd Webber was King of Broadway . He could have walked on stage , went to the bathroom and walked off and The New York Times would call it a "Triumph" and it would have gotten 12 Tony Nominations.

It made its money back early and was doing enough business to keep it on for so long because it was cheaper than trying out a whole new play and risking a flop.

After a while it became a institution with the tourists. Something you had to see when you visited. Sort of like Saturday Night Live . Its still on after all these years although it is far from what it once was.

Maybe it was the specific production I attended, but I didn't like it either. I wasn't a story that grabbed my attention. I sat there bored playing on my phone after about 30 minutes. If a story doesn't grab me by then, I'm done.

There was a story in there somewhere? :confused::eek::p

I'm probably the only person who liked Cats up until "Memory." Can't stand that song and thought the whole thing would have just been better as a review of the TS Eliot stuff than trying to put a story with it. Maybe that means I'll make it to Sorrentos before the rest of the passengers get there for a snack. :)

But why not something newer? I was hoping for Wicked on Quantum!

I guess I should just be glad it is not Annie. (Yeah, more songs about orphans and child abuse!)

I'm probably the only person who liked Cats up until "Memory." Can't stand that song and thought the whole thing would have just been better as a review of the TS Eliot stuff than trying to put a story with it. Maybe that means I'll make it to Sorrentos before the rest of the passengers get there for a snack. :)

But why not something newer? I was hoping for Wicked on Quantum!

I guess I should just be glad it is not Annie. (Yeah, more songs about orphans and child abuse!)

It was a pretty song in the confines of the play . But then it took on a life of its own *LOL* every singer that went on a talk show/variety show had to do a rendition. . The same with the song "Feelings" and "Send in The Clowns " The latter I like a lot , but after a while enough already *LOL*

Edited by babyher