Stop the presses! One heck of a sale!

remydiva

Coral, yes I do have some cruises booked. Seems unfair not to offer same deals to someone just because they have something booked, doesn't it? Sure don't like those tactics.

Remydiva, can you tell me the prices on the inside and ocean view staterooms on the Grand May 13th four day coastal please and is there a promo code?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Tue, May 13, 2014

Grand Princess

Stateroom type:

Interior Oceanview Balcony Mini-Suite Suite

$199.00* $259.00* $259.00*

no promo code indicated....try phoning??

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Princess, including the wait for a supervisor, and none of them could find those rates anywhere?

After several politely probing questions from them I let them know that I had "heard" about the email, not actually received it myself, but told them that we live in the same geographical area and couldn't understand why I would not get the same email. (I have had myself signed up for any promos, standby's etc.) Said without promo code she couldn't find those rates.

Oh well, I tried, and no harm in that, I guess. Now time to stop thinking about balcony price being less than I paid for an interior, and back to anticipating my first stateroom close to piazza and IC. DH so loves his coffee and I love those display cases filled with goodies.

Thanks Remydiva for all your help. Maybe we will see you down at Canada Place one of these days.

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Princess, including the wait for a supervisor, and none of them could find those rates anywhere?

After several politely probing questions from them I let them know that I had "heard" about the email, not actually received it myself, but told them that we live in the same geographical area and couldn't understand why I would not get the same email. (I have had myself signed up for any promos, standby's etc.) Said without promo code she couldn't find those rates.

Oh well, I tried, and no harm in that, I guess. Now time to stop thinking about balcony price being less than I paid for an interior, and back to anticipating my first stateroom close to piazza and IC. DH so loves his coffee and I love those display cases filled with goodies.

Thanks Remydiva for all your help. Maybe we will see you down at Canada Place one of these days.

Isnt that interesting?! And yes given we are both in Vancouver and both signed up for last minute deals, it is odd. And i never used a promo code...just phd in, gave my CC number and they said the price was $199. So i guess the 'code' is hidden in the email profile?

I just went to princess site without " signing in" and the sale prices still show up. Have you tried doing that to see what shows and then " sign in" and see what shows?

Also it says " new bookings only" so if you have already booked at a higher price, that could be difficult unless you get an upgrade or OBC in lieu of??

I noted you asked in an earlier post to see the email but did not include an address.If you send me your email (using the word 'at' instead of the ampersand) i could forward the email to you if that would help?

It's showing up for me as a "new booking only" price, so as soon as you put your princess # in, it will show not show that price (you've already booked that sailing, correct?), and without your number it won't show the price, because it's the price for past passengers.

I see remydiva responded while I was, so I have more to add after reading hers...without signing in I got that price, but the site still knows it's me. When I went to my Ipad which hasn't been told to remember me, the last minute price didn't show up until I actually signed in.

Edited by mytime53

Reference promo codes: UE- campaign code: PE4MD084 plus your CC#

Is that the promo code for that particular email worth of last minute sales?

If so, how did you see that or find out?

And IF that is the code, could bigenna or anyone else then use it?

Oh well, I tried, and no harm in that, I guess.

This is probably my biggest rub with Princess. A neighbor who lives three houses away with two Princess cruises can often get better pricing from the same TA than I can with 59. Makes the loyalty OBC lose a bit of its value when that happens.

This is probably my biggest rub with Princess. A neighbor who lives three houses away with two Princess cruises can often get better pricing from the same TA than I can with 59. Makes the loyalty OBC lose a bit of its value when that happens.

You would think " loyalty" means loyalty..you are loyal, you should get the same price..

Hijacking my own thread but I note here in Canada, Sobeys bought Safeway ...Albertsons bought US Safeway apparently in the US... So NO loyalty cards are being used any more. Time will tell if we all get a " sale" price or we all pay more!

Mind you, the person sitting next me on the plane likely paid less than me too. It is what the market will bear :o

told them that we live in the same geographical area and couldn't understand why I would not get the same email.

There have been multiple posts in the past about a person who can sign in and see great rates but a spouse at the same mailing address cannot get the same rates.

Edited by caribill

Yes it was the latest stand by email I recieved last week.

Scroll down to the end of the email and its highlighted in yellow in the fine print. Stands out like a sore thumb. ;)

Remydiva can you send the email to me at bigenna at hotmail dot com. Thank you.

Anne

Done! Sorry for the delay...took me a while to find the email in my read box...Good luck!

Yes it was the latest stand by email I recieved last week.

Scroll down to the end of the email and its highlighted in yellow in the fine print. Stands out like a sore thumb. ;)

Doh! I have never scrolled down to the bottom and read the fine print!

Which is why we ended up taking HALF a cruise once...a TA that ended in Copenhagen and everyone was excited and saying 'are you going on the second half?' i went 'what second half?'....didn't read the whole email!

so we didn't do the Baltic part...oh well...enjoyed the first 16 days :)

Bigenna...you will note the promo code in the bottom part of email as Colo Cruiser has pointed out. Maybe THAT will help get you and any one else, the sale price? Let us know.

Bummer, most of the great deals will occur while we are in Europe.

Come to think of it, I'd rather be in Europe. If something exciting comes up for Alaska this summer, I'm on it, but other than that I'll have to wait till the fall cruises start, although we are booked on a Sept 20th cruise already.

Maybe October or November!!:)

Rick

Yes poor you being stuck in Europe....I'd be happy to trade!:)

Enjoy...always sales on Alaska so you will get there I am sure.

Edited by remydiva

FYI, UE* promo codes are targeted past passenger rates. Only the person they are issued to can use them (although I do think that "share the savings" would apply).

And yeah, I've heard of folks living next door with the same number of cruises and one gets the promo and the other doesn't... the mysteries of marketing. :p

It looked like a good deal until I priced the airfare one way.

Really? Princess EZ air had AA for $149 one way which i thought was cheap.

we like Westjet so paid more for a later flight and company loyalty.

Thanks for all the replies. Just to let you all know the outcome, the cruise date I was hoping to get the deal on did not apply after all. The same cruise on a two different dates were a real good deal, so I guess they were having trouble filling those particular ones. So no deal for me this time.