Stop the presses! One heck of a sale!

remydiva

Just got another email from Princess...ho hum....on another...ho hum...sale.

But wait! What is THIS?

Stand By sale for balcony at interior prices or 75% off. on several Caribbean dates and Pacific Coastals.

I just booked a balcony for $199 for 5 day LA-Vancouver that I was considering booking last week at $329. Good thing I waited!

Yes I know, I have done this itinerary a zillion times but when you can visit San Francisco and wander Victoria with a few sea days in between for $80 a day? I can't buy groceries for that!

whoo hoo:)

But wait! What is THIS?

Stand By sale for balcony at interior prices or 75% off. on several Caribbean dates and Pacific Coastals.

I just booked a balcony for $199 for 5 day LA-Vancouver that I was considering booking last week at $329. Good thing I waited!

Yes I know, I have done this itinerary a zillion times but when you can visit San Francisco and wander Victoria with a few sea days in between for $80 a day? I can't buy groceries for that!

You lucky people in North America Well done Have a great time

But wait! What is THIS?

That is a STEAL! Congrats. We are also booked on this and will be our first time aboard a Princess ship. Am looking forward to exploring (I get lost easily!!):)

I never seem to get these emails though I have signed up for everything going with princess. What is the date(s) of the coastal?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

PACIFIC COASTAL | 1/3 days from Vancouver to Seattle or Los Angeles to Vancouver

Golden Princess® – 2014 (1 day): May 2

Grand Princess® – 2014 (1 days): May 17

Golden Princess® – 2014 (3 days): Apr 29

PACIFIC COASTAL | 4/5 days from Los Angeles or San Francisco to Vancouver

Grand Princess® (4 days) – 2014: May 13

Coral Princess® (4 days) – 2014: May 13

Star Princess® (5 days) – 2014:May 4

Island Princess® (5 days) – 2014: May 16

But wait! What is THIS?

Seems like a great deal; Congrats.....:):):)

Bob

What are the dates of the Caribbean's on this deal?

PRINCESS® CARIBBEAN GETAWAY | 3/4/5 days roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale

Caribbean Princess® – 2014 (3 days): May 23

Caribbean Princess® – 2014 (4 days): May 15, 19

Caribbean Princess® – 2014 (5 days): May 26

FARES FROM INTERIOR OCEANVIEW BALCONY MINI-SUITE

LAUNCH† $499 $649. $749 SOLD OUT

NOW* $279 $279 $279

WESTERN CARIBBEAN | 7 days roundtrip Houston

Caribbean Princess® – 2014: Apr 19

LAUNCH†. $849 SOLD OUT $1,299 SOLD OUT

NOW* $329 $549

Aother sale but not " free" balcony upgrade for Caribbean

WESTERN CARIBBEAN | 7 days roundtrip Houston

Caribbean Princess® – 2014: Apr 19

LAUNCH† $849 SOLD OUT $1,299 SOLD OUT

NOW* $329 $549

And here are the Alaskan deals....

ALASKA – VOYAGE OF THE GLACIERS | 7 days between Anchorage and Vancouver

Crown Princess® – 2014: May 17

Island Princess® – 2014: May 21, 28

Coral Princess® – 2014: May 17, 24, 31

LAUNCH† $899 SOLD OUT $1,499 SOLD OUT

NOW* $899 $899

Edited by remydiva

That is a great deal! Also, your groceries sound really expensive. :eek:

I'd be broke if I spent more than $80 a day, and I'm feeding a husband and three kids.

Edited by giselleacttwo

That is a great deal! Also, your groceries sound really expensive. :eek:

I'd be broke if I spent more than $80 a day, and I'm feeding a husband and three kids.

All joking aside...yes of course $80 a day would be $$$$$ for food alone!

... but I figure for that price per day, i am getting at least 3 meals a day plus snacks, transportation via luxury ship, lovely " hotel room" with a water view, entertainment and exercise AND day visits to fun places.

Crusing is good value IMHO.:)

I love reading that people can take advantage of those kinds of specials. We always look at them, and by the time we factor in airfare and transfers (to and from our home airport as well as embarkation/debarkation airports), the per diem always rises to well above what we pay for a longer cruise with a higher per day cruise fare.

But glad to see someone can make it work!

I love reading that people can take advantage of those kinds of specials. We always look at them, and by the time we factor in airfare and transfers (to and from our home airport as well as embarkation/debarkation airports), the per diem always rises to well above what we pay for a longer cruise with a higher per day cruise fare.

But glad to see someone can make it work!

I hear you...

Many times we have been excited about a cabin sale only to be snookered with the huge airfares and logistics..particularly for anything leaving from the east coast or Europe.

We finally did a Med cruise from Venice when Princess made it an overnight emarkation itinerary as it takes us at least two transfers and a full day for us to get there.

And, We are jealous of the East Coast cruisers who can fly easier than we can. :)

Different perks for living on either coast .

The 15 day Royal TA April 27th $1199 balcony $599 :eek: indside

I know....looked at that one first but dates didnt work for us and the airfare short notice was HUMUNGOUS! Might have squeezed in the 14 day time frame for using points but it wasnt my fav itinerary so not worth using 60,000 points pp.

When i phd Princess re why now and why so many avaiable cabins, she said it was because travel agences had blocks of cabins and when left unsold, Princess puts them back into their inventory.

if this is true, then the travel agencies had huge blocks of prime cabins as the available cabins still on the Star is in the 100s. A bit hard to believe that Princess would have allowed them to,hold so many for so long as we are only 3 weeks out. Go figure :confused:

I know....looked at that one first but dates didnt work for us and the airfare short notice was HUMUNGOUS! Might have squeezed in the 14 day time frame for using points but it wasnt my fav itinerary so not worth using 60,000 points pp.

When i phd Princess re why now and why so many avaiable cabins, she said it was because travel agences had blocks of cabins and when left unsold, Princess puts them back into their inventory.

if this is true, then the travel agencies had huge blocks of prime cabins as the available cabins still on the Star is in the 100s. A bit hard to believe that Princess would have allowed them to,hold so many for so long as we are only 3 weeks out. Go figure :confused:

Any group holdings are released at final payment, if not before hand. If the cruise is selling extremely well, Princess usually recalls cabins back from the agencies involved whenever Princess wants.

Spring transatlantics have always gone for very low prices at the last minute, at least the past 10 years or so.

I decided not to go due to the few ports and the distance of the cities in the ports on the Royal Princess. I didn't want the long commute times into Paris and London.

Ironically - I was able to easily get FF miles coming back from Copenhagen for the Royal TA cruise on AA (British Airways and AA).

Edited by Coral