Pack to put cell phone and passport in when in the water??

CaribbeanGurl

I have seen a few different kinds of packs to hold your cell phone and passport when swimming.

Has anyone used one of these? What would you suggest?

I like going to the beach but my friend does not so when I am on my own I want to keep these things on me.

Thanks!!!!

I use a Dry Pack Allligator wallet, hitched to the strap of my bathing suit.

I only carry my ship card, DL and cash. Maybe a credit card. You can carry a photo copy of your passport info page.

Ok..your ship's key, credit card and cash can all get wet....water won't hurt them.

If I have something that can't get wet, or I don't want to lug that stuff into the water while I take a dip (it's not like I'm swimming laps or anything), I make sure my stuff is out of sight, and I keep an eye on my "spot on the beach" while I get wet.

Years ago I used a blue wallet thing but I forgot the name. Be sure to road test it with other things that are a similar weight in in the bath before you use it. I will try and find out the name.

Also, consider buying a cheap mobile phone that is compatible with your sim so if the worst did happen you would not loose much but would still have a phone on you.

I wouldnt leave the ship without my passport either...not worth the risk.

JB is absolutely correct.

P.S. See, JB - I do not always take issue with your posts.

Tee-hee :D

But I've just responded to you on "that other thread"

Taking issue, of course ;)

Regards

JB :)

LIFEPROOF cases for cell phones are waterproof to 6 feet and come with a water leak warranty for 1 year .... (if you can get thru the complicated registration process) ... but cost $100

Passport? Leave it on the boat has always been my choice but if REALLY worried get the PASSPORT CARD. It IS waterproof and while won't work to get you back in the country from a cruise, will probably EXPEDITE a replacement passport should a problem occur and you miss the ship.

And I do neither - phone & passport stays on the ship. I carry my waterproof drivers lic', water proof cruise card, waterproof mastercard and waterproof cash in

102_0058_zps5b6fb9c3.jpg

in swimming and surface snorkeling, they have not leaked yet and they are both over 10 years old. Bought both on cruise ships, but have seen 'em in dive shops, beach stores ... not expensive. The top clamps to a o-ring seal. Has a long lanyard to go around the neck, but I usually tie to my suit string and tuck it in the waist band.

I always take my cell so I can contact my family while on land so this is kind of a must especially since I will be going solo.

I always take my passport as well as you never know,,, Knock on wood nothing happens but what are they ganna do with a photo copy and your passport is floating in a safe in the ocean??

I just really am not sure about leaving my things out when in the water. Granted the places I am planning on going should not be super busy but still, you never know.

I always take my cell so I can contact my family while on land so this is kind of a must especially since I will be going solo.

I always take my passport as well as you never know,,, Knock on wood nothing happens but what are they ganna do with a photo copy and your passport is floating in a safe in the ocean??

I just really am not sure about leaving my things out when in the water. Granted the places I am planning on going should not be super busy but still, you never know.

If I were given the choice of leaving my phone and especially my Passport on shore unattended I would choose taking them with me. There are many threads on the risks and advantages of taking your passport ashore if you care to find them. Personally I leave mine passport in the safe. I feel there risks are higher taking it ashore.

Shak

Shak

Go online and check out the DiCaPac line of waterproof bags for various purposes.

I have one for a point and shoot camera that I have been using for taking photos when snorkeling, and it has never failed to keep my camera completely dry over the past 4 years that I have used it.