CD Bob Drewes??

pacheco18

If he's Dottie's assistant then hopefully she is training him well and we'll have lots of fun with him in July!! Arlene

Agree

But keep in mind that Nolan Dean was once Leslie Jon's assistant. Nothing rubbed off.

Agree

But keep in mind that Nolan Dean was once Leslie Jon's assistant. Nothing rubbed off.

And we really enjoyed sailing with the two of them. (And yes, I really love non-American accents.) Now I am very much looking forward to next month's Riviera cruise with Nolan Dean as our CD.

Edited by CintiPam

He exists!

Tell him the folks on Viking Odyssey in July on Nautica will give him a BIG welcome!

I've visited with Bob 2 or 3 times on this trip, he is going to the Nautica at the end of this cruise and will be there during the refurbishment. He takes over as the CD from there. Seems like a real personable guy. He said since he has no talent for singing, dancing, juggling, etc. that he tends to be a out and about people person.

Getting ready to shove off from Hamilton Bermuda. :)

I've visited with Bob 2 or 3 times on this trip, he is going to the Nautica at the end of this cruise and will be there during the refurbishment. He takes over as the CD from there. Seems like a real personable guy. He said since he has no talent for singing, dancing, juggling, etc. that he tends to be a out and about people person.

Thanks so much for the information.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

OK - I am not disparaging anyone - this CD thing does seem to be unique to Oceania however? I honestly cannot remember any CD's name from any cruise I have taken.

I am looking forward to my first Oceania cruise in a couple of weeks so I guess I will find out what it's all about then.:)

OK - I am not disparaging anyone - this CD thing does seem to be unique to Oceania however? I honestly cannot remember any CD's name from any cruise I have taken.

I am looking forward to my first Oceania cruise in a couple of weeks so I guess I will find out what it's all about then.:)

Nor can I -- except on Oceania cruises -- I can name every one of them.

You will find out once on board.

Maybe it is because most of them are so visible. Starting from "the morning show" -- to hosting the entertainment.

It isn't only on Oceania that people are interested in the CD. We always like to know who our CD on Regent will be. It seems that people that are involved in Trivia are interested in who the CD is. Some do a magnificent job while others are ho hum.

Hope that you will love your first Oceania cruise - we took our first Oceania cruise last year and enjoyed every moment but must admit that I do not know who the CD was because the cruise was very port intensive.

He exists!

Tell him the folks on Viking Odyssey in July on Nautica will give him a BIG welcome!

Bob Drewes is new to the CD position but not to cruise ships..............we met him some years ago on the SS Norway, he was then head of Sports Afloat............super personality and very talented young man.......I think all that get to experience his beginnings as CD are very lucky....and he is being trained by an old friend from the Norway........Dottie Kalwaski.......I am a bit envious

Ditto to what Orv has posted -- We told Bob that we were going to be on the Iceland cruise with him when we met him the first day on Regatta and then he made a special point of chatting with us every time we saw him which was often since he seemed to be everywhere on the ship. He is super-friendly and I think he will be a great addition to the O staff of CDs. I don't play trivia so I never watched him during that activity but he learned from the best (IMHO) with Dottie and his personality will take him far! By the time we see him on the Nautica, he should have Trivia down pat.

He is also good-looking and single and enjoys mixing and mingling with the guests. I saw him dancing with several of the single ladies on different occasions! I told him to check out CC as he was already the subject of an Oceania thread and he told me he would definitely do that.

Rest easy, Laraine and Arlene! I think we will be in good hands. :D:D:D

Billie

Ditto to what Orv has posted -- We told Bob that we were going to be on the Iceland cruise with him when we met him the first day on Regatta and then he made a special point of chatting with us every time we saw him which was often since he seemed to be everywhere on the ship. He is super-friendly and I think he will be a great addition to the O staff of CDs. I don't play trivia so I never watched him during that activity but he learned from the best (IMHO) with Dottie and his personality will take him far! By the time we see him on the Nautica, he should have Trivia down pat.

He is also good-looking and single and enjoys mixing and mingling with the guests. I saw him dancing with several of the single ladies on different occasions! I told him to check out CC as he was already the subject of an Oceania thread and he told me he would definitely do that.

Rest easy, Laraine and Arlene! I think we will be in good hands. :D:D:D

Billie

Thanks Billie, We can sleep better knowing Trivia is in tact!!;) Arlene