Fall 2015 Caribbean Deployment

tlund

Tlund, thank you for posting this... in the Exotics, there is a 14 day Mexico on the Pacific... 50th anniversary annotated next to it... There are quite a few interesting cruises for 2015/16...

Sorry, I can't seem to find this cruise, what are the dates for it please? I understand from another post that it overnights in Puerto Vallarta. My BIL lives there and it would be an ideal opportunity :).Many thanks.

Apologies, I have just found the Exotics list. Pity it isn't slightly later in December to coincide with Christmas. Still may seriously have to think about booking it whilst we are on board the Regal in July.

Edited by downsmead

Sorry, I can't seem to find this cruise, what are the dates for it please? I understand from another post that it overnights in Puerto Vallarta. My BIL lives there and it would be an ideal opportunity :).Many thanks.
Check out post #10 on page 2 of the attachment. The cruise departs on Dec 3, 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well, then we may meet. I will be booking it as soon as I can! This is a great chance to sail on a small ship. This cruise is offered as a 50th anniversary celebration, so it should be really interesting. Another reason for us to book it is that there is an overnight in Puerto Vallarta...
That would be good! Only complicating factor is that we are doing a 17 day Valparaiso to LA cruise in March and are seriously considering the Golden's TP in September. Need to see if we can also afford the Pacific's Mexico cruise. We might cancel the Spring cruise because you can only have one 50th Anniversary cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Did you see the itineraries for the Emerald? (OK , it's for 8 days)

19-Dec-15 Sat EMERALD E551 8 Caribbean Southern Caribbean Holiday FT. LAUDERDALE, Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire, FT. LAUDERDALE

Saw the ABC ports on that itinerary, however that is a Christmas cruise and the price reflects the holiday. Went on a cruise years back to Aruba, Grenada, Bonaire, Dominica and one other port out of San Juan. Loved the port intensive itinerary. It's a little more difficult coming from Ft. Lauderdale.

Royal Caribbean's itineraries are a bit disappointing. They are sending their smaller, older ships to the southern Caribbean. Would love to be able to cruise a newer ship to those ports.

Saw the ABC ports on that itinerary, however that is a Christmas cruise and the price reflects the holiday. Went on a cruise years back to Aruba, Grenada, Bonaire, Dominica and one other port out of San Juan. Loved the port intensive itinerary. It's a little more difficult coming from Ft. Lauderdale.

Royal Caribbean's itineraries are a bit disappointing. They are sending their smaller, older ships to the southern Caribbean. Would love to be able to cruise a newer ship to those ports.

I think we'll be booking either the 13 or 14 day Celebrity cruise on Eclipse

Great news - Thank You

We are looking at the Hawaii Cruises.

Really waiting to see what the Golden Princess is doing.

Hoping to see a Transpacific repositioning cruise on her way to Aus......

Overdue for Princess for a Transpacific.

Would really appreciate it if you share any news on the Golden thanks.

I really want to do the 10day Cali coastal on the star in oct/15 but am a bit concerned with everyone saying how rough the seas will be.
I use the SCOP patches when seas get to rough. We did a 7 day RT from LA as far as San Francisco in September of 2011 and I didn't need one. We did a 3 day Vancouver to LA on September of 2012 and I didn't need one. We did a 10 day RT from San Francisco to Mexico in March and needed one the first two days out of San Francisco and the last day before returning to San Francisco. You just can't predict what the conditions will be but that hasn't stopped us from doing Coastals. We are doing another 7 day from LA in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Royal Caribbean's itineraries are a bit disappointing. They are sending their smaller, older ships to the southern Caribbean.

I consider that to be a plus, as RC sort of lost us when their ships got bigger than the Radiance Class (our favorite, but we also loved the Vision Class).

Check out post #10 on page 2 of the attachment. The cruise departs on Dec 3, 2015.

Many thanks, our posts crossed during compiling!! Excuse my ignorance, but why is it a 50th anniversary cruise?

For a 14 day sailing, it does not seem to have too many ports of call compared to other 14 day sailings we have been on (we did a fabulous Caribbean one a few years ago on the Sea Princess that called at 11 ports in 14 days :) - those were the days).

We have done a couple of cruises that called at Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao (all on the one trip) and these are three ports that figure very highly on my repeat list. We are even thinking of going to Aruba for a holiday some time.

We have a Westbound Panama Canal cruise booked for next April and so the news re the possibly rough seas on the way to San Francisco is useful (if unwelcome) information.

Thanks to everyone on CC, you pick up so much information on the boards.

Great news - Thank You

We are looking at the Hawaii Cruises.

Really waiting to see what the Golden Princess is doing.

Hoping to see a Transpacific repositioning cruise on her way to Aus......

Overdue for Princess for a Transpacific.

Would really appreciate it if you share any news on the Golden thanks.

Hi Peter & Ros! Long time no see. The last time we met we were "In Transit" Passengers in Ft. Lauderdale on the Royal! My, how time flys! Hope all is well with you. I'm on the Regal Inaugural and 7-day b2b this coming November...wanna come along??? :D

wish there was a halfway decent 7 day southern caribbean. Disappointed that most 7 days are the typical western or eastern with minimal stops at the southern islands. Guess that is part of pulling a ship out of the san juan homeport. Loved when the caribbean princess was sailing out of sj.

agree 100%

I assume the poster will be celebrating 50 years of marriage.

Princess Cruises was founded in 1965 and the first cruises were to the Mexican Riviera. I'm guessing this is in celebration of the anniversary.

Many thanks, our posts crossed during compiling!! Excuse my ignorance, but why is it a 50th anniversary cruise?

Thanks to everyone on CC, you pick up so much information on the boards.

It's Princess's 50th Anniversary and they started in Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the winner is ......

These posts can be so much fun, especially when we have a bit of mystery and adventure! Thanks for everyone for their individual thoughts and input! Including past crew members! (the winner). Great nostalgia trip! :D

Here's the articles from Cruise Industry News:

Princess Celebrates 50th Anniversary with Nostalgic Sailing to Mexico

"To cap a year of 50th anniversary activities, Princess Cruises, which celebrates the five decade mark in 2015, has created a special Mexico itinerary departing on December 3, 2015 – exactly 50 years to the day that the line’s original ship, Princess Patricia, set sail on the company’s very first cruise in 1965.

Offered on the intimate Pacific Princess, next year’s unique sailing is the same length as the company’s first cruise – 14 days – and will include a blend of ports from the maiden itinerary such as Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán and Manzanillo, with some newer destinations such as La Paz and Loreto.

Guests on the cruise will be treated to an array of activities and entertainment commemorating half a century of cruising by the famous line, and will also be joined by some surprise guests.

This anniversary sailing on Pacific Princess, which carries 670 guests, is available for sale on May 13 and fares start at $1,699 per person, double occupancy.

“This nostalgic cruise to Mexico will be the perfect finale to what’s sure to be a special 50th anniversary year for Princess,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “For this significant milestone we couldn’t resist recreating, with some new touches, the very first cruise our company operated. And because the name Pacific Princess is so integral to our company’s history, we wanted to offer the cruise aboard the current ship with this iconic name.”

Princess Cruises first set sail in 1965 with a single ship cruising to Mexico."

I was very sorry to see that there are no changes to the 10-night Caribbean itineraries. In fact, there's been no change to these for years. I think this fact cannot compensate for having a "new ship" (the Royal Princess) on these itineraries, and will start turning cruisers to RC, Celebrity or. HAL, all of which have more exciting Caribbean itineraries. It's ironic...better itineraries is what first lured us to Princess, and same old same old itineraries may encourage us to wander again.

Agree 100% with you! We too we're lured to Princess in 202 for better itineraries, and started wandering a year ago... hi Jeannie!

Here's the articles from Cruise Industry News:

Princess Celebrates 50th Anniversary with Nostalgic Sailing to Mexico

Princess Cruises first set sail in 1965 with a single ship cruising to Mexico."

Thank you everyone for explaining the 50th Anniversary cruise. I am very tempted by it, especially since the name of the original ship was Patricia and that was my MIL name and so would have special significance for my husband (and BIL who we could meet up with in PV). I note that the Pacific is one of Princess's small ships. We generally sail on ships that hold ~2,000 people along with the appropriate amenieties on board. I know that it is subjective, but would we miss the range of features offered on the bigger ships? Can anyone provide feedback re their voyage on the Pacific Princess?

It will also be interesting to see what the price is in GBP? Due to the limited number of passengers, it would seem better to book sooner rather than later (ie not to wait until our trip on the Regal in July). I wait with bated breath to see what pricing we are offered. Princess is promising an interesting trip :).

Thank you everyone for explaining the 50th Anniversary cruise. I am very tempted by it, especially since the name of the original ship was Patricia and that was my MIL name and so would have special significance for my husband (and BIL who we could meet up with in PV). I note that the Pacific is one of Princess's small ships. We generally sail on ships that hold ~2,000 people along with the appropriate amenieties on board. I know that it is subjective, but would we miss the range of features offered on the bigger ships? Can anyone provide feedback re their voyage on the Pacific Princess?

It will also be interesting to see what the price is in GBP? Due to the limited number of passengers, it would seem better to book sooner rather than later (ie not to wait until our trip on the Regal in July). I wait with bated breath to see what pricing we are offered. Princess is promising an interesting trip :).

Despite the fact that it's the anniversary of the first trip, I think it's no coincidence that it's being offered at slack season. I expect this will sell out fairly quickly. No doubt there will be surviving Love Boat cast members aboard, themed activities and entertainment, possibly even the captain in shorts.

As for Pacific Princess experiences, there was recently a thread about that, if you scroll down, you should find it not too far down.

As for Pacific Princess experiences, there was recently a thread about that, if you scroll down, you should find it not too far down.

Thank you very much for your reply. I did a search and found the thread you were talking about and some other ones (should have thought of that sooner :o). I will wait and see what the UK prices are, often they are the same numbers as the US prices $1,699 = £1,699 :mad::mad:. If the price is reasonable then the trip offers a number of opportunities, including experiencing a cruise on one of the small ships. Once again, thank you everyone for all the information you have come back to me with.

• 3 weeks later...