Live from Indy, it's ...... Noro!

sr5242

I was on indy a couple of years ago and to any of you who have it booked, u are going to have a wonderful time.

My little story is about Indy however I am pretty sure this goes on on every ship at sea, we saw adults lifting the ladel out of the soup and putting it to their mouths to see if they like it then putting the ladel right back into the soup, adults fingering the bread to get to the slices underneath the ones at the top, this was all at the windjammer, when I was in the public toilets, ladies leaving without washing their hands, seriously, the list goes on.

Adults, kids, everyone needs to take all the correct precautions.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

I was on indy a couple of years ago and to any of you who have it booked, u are going to have a wonderful time.

My little story is about Indy however I am pretty sure this goes on on every ship at sea, we saw adults lifting the ladel out of the soup and putting it to their mouths to see if they like it then putting the ladel right back into the soup, adults fingering the bread to get to the slices underneath the ones at the top, this was all at the windjammer, when I was in the public toilets, ladies leaving without washing their hands, seriously, the list goes on.

I call people out when they do stuff like that and it always gets quite the reaction.

"DUDE, THAT'S GROSS, WASH YOUR HANDS!" when someone is stepping out of the restroom will usually shame people into doing the right thing.

However, it could get you punched, so use with caution.

:eek::eek::eek:

I so would have had to have said something to ladle people and had staff remove it. That's crazy!!

I like the idea of Clorox wipes for the room. *If* I ever let my kids back to the Arcade (after getting stomach virus on last cruise), I will wipe down what they touch in there before they do too!

Sorry have to giggle here "doctor". That must be quite a task running around every bathroom to see if "these kids" are washing there hands....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exactly. :rolleyes:

I'm on Indy, too. Please, it isn't just kiddos running around eating directly off the bar. Seen plenty of "more mature" pax eating straight from the bars.....

Thank you, and sorry yours were lumped in there with OP's assumption.

I call people out when they do stuff like that and it always gets quite the reaction.

"DUDE, THAT'S GROSS, WASH YOUR HANDS!" when someone is stepping out of the restroom will usually shame people into doing the right thing.

However, it could get you punched, so use with caution.

Lol, we told the staff, a black eye in the formal pics doesnt look too good :-)

:eek::eek::eek:

I so would have had to have said something to ladle people and had staff remove it. That's crazy!!

I like the idea of Clorox wipes for the room. *If* I ever let my kids back to the Arcade (after getting stomach virus on last cruise), I will wipe down what they touch in there before they do too!

We did, I should have said that, we told the staff, we couldn't believe our eyes.

Just got the call from RCI. Advising us not to get to the port till after 130 pm. We are on this weekends sailing on the 20th. Hope all is good and we can still have a great cruise.:confused:

Just got the call too. This is our first cruise and now I'm not very excited. We're flying in at 9:30 so it will be a long wait at the airport or the terminal.:(

Just got the call too. This is our first cruise and now I'm not very excited. We're flying in at 9:30 so it will be a long wait at the airport or the terminal.:(

Relax. Even when there is an "outbreak", the vast majority of passengers remain healthy.

If your flight lands at 9:30, you could pick up a rental car and go shopping or have a nice lunch. A local rental, returning the vehicle in a few hours, can cost as little as $25. Cheaper than two cab rides. I use Thrifty.

:)

Announcement this am that several cases of noro on our ship

No more self serve in WJ

Chances are it's these kids running around unchecked eating straight off buffet, not washing hands, etc

After reading all the hype and negative comments about the Grandeur and Norovirus……. my conclusion is that the entire crew from the Grandeur transferred to the Indy and thus caused the current outbreak.:cool::rolleyes:;):eek:

No more self serve in WJ

Chances are it's these kids running around unchecked eating straight off buffet, not washing hands, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Probably the same kids that won't get off my lawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

My wife and I pus other family will be on the April 26th sailing for 8 nights. Hopefully by then the ship has had some good cleanings and people aren't "testing the soup with a ladle" and "fingering bread". Just to be safe i may limit my time spent in the windjammer. Maybe is a little overboard but at the same time while only a small portion of people have gotten sick, i don't feel like being part of the small portion on my cruise :D

Thank you for the idea about bringing clorox wipes, i just added it to the packing list. Definitely can't be to cautious. Probably will bring my own hand sanitizer for my room as well!

Hopefully the people on board are getting better and they're able to get it contained and eliminated soon!

My wife and I pus other family will be on the April 26th sailing for 8 nights. Hopefully by then the ship has had some good cleanings and people aren't "testing the soup with a ladle" and "fingering bread". Just to be safe i may limit my time spent in the windjammer. Maybe is a little overboard but at the same time while only a small portion of people have gotten sick, i don't feel like being part of the small portion on my cruise :D

Thank you for the idea about bringing clorox wipes, i just added it to the packing list. Definitely can't be to cautious. Probably will bring my own hand sanitizer for my room as well!

Hopefully the people on board are getting better and they're able to get it contained and eliminated soon!

http://consumerist.com/2012/06/20/wipe-down-that-tv-remote-control-in-your-hotel-room-if-you-hate-germs/

If your flight arrives at 9:30 by the time you land, get off the plane, get your luggage and take a cab to the pier it will most likely be 10:30-11am. Around 11am is the time boarding usually begins so just get on the ship and go to the Windjammer for lunch.

Don't worry......enjoy your first cruise!!

If your flight arrives at 9:30 by the time you land, get off the plane, get your luggage and take a cab to the pier it will most likely be 10:30-11am. Around 11am is the time boarding usually begins so just get on the ship and go to the Windjammer for lunch.

Don't worry......enjoy your first cruise!!

I think you missed the part where they have asked people not to show until 1:30 due to the extra cleaning they will want to do on the ship and as someone who is booked on the TA in 2 weeks I certainly want them to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No more self serve in WJ

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What about the adults that seem to feel the need to sample food from their plates as they walk around filling them (because they are too starved to wait until they get to their table) and then have to lick their fingers clean before picking up the next set of tongs that they come across.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think you missed the part where they have asked people not to show until 1:30 due to the extra cleaning they will want to do on the ship and as someone who is booked on the TA in 2 weeks I certainly want them to do it.

I understand about extra cleaning. I just got off the IOS last week. Even with all the extra cleaning boarding started early and in fact cabins were ready at 1pm.

I understand about extra cleaning. I just got off the IOS last week. Even with all the extra cleaning boarding started early and in fact cabins were ready at 1pm.

As far as I know they had not had an outbreak of noro prior to your cruise so it would be traditional cleaning and boarding so

your experience would not be the same as this cruisers. When the ask people to arrive later they are usually serious about

It.... I received that email prior to my last cruise I our case as we were following a transatlantic and they required extra time

to clear the ship. We boarded exactly when they said they would..

As far as I know they had not had an outbreak of noro prior to your cruise so it would be traditional cleaning and boarding so

your experience would not be the same as this cruisers. When the ask people to arrive later they are usually serious about

It.... I received that email prior to my last cruise I our case as we were following a transatlantic and they required extra time

to clear the ship. We boarded exactly when they said they would..

I understand completely. In fact on my cruise (4/6-4/12) we found out on board that there were many sick people and the staff was cleaning like crazy all over the ship.