Sending out mail from the ship

gr82cu2

We'll be on the Royal TA coming up in only 10 days! Yay!!! Anyway, we have 2 birthdays and mother's day happening during our trip. Can I take greeting cards to passenger services and will they send them out at our first port? I realize there will be a charge for this but don't even know really, if it's even possible. Does anyone know what the process is? We're on a full day tour and won't really have time to hunt down a local (Ponta Delgada) post office. Thanks for any help or insight.

It has been my experience that only about 1/2 of the post cards I have turned in at the ship end up being delivered and of the 1/2 that does get delivered it is usually two or so weeks after we return home. If I had cards I wanted delivered on a specific date I would ask a friend to mail them at home. We have had fun over the years mailing cards and seeing when or if they turn up. The Roman post cards haven't arrived yet, but then it's only been 12 years.

Yes, but it'll take forever and ever, depending on when they're mailed. Could be weeks. I haven't heard good things about sending mail from the ship. :( You are better off popping into a hotel somewhere on tour and having them mail cards. You can also access American Greetings online using the ship's Internet and send them a personal greeting. Or, you can go to the free Princess site on the ship and send an electronic post card.

I would have someone from home mail them as well.

There is no telling when they will arrive from the ship being mailed in a foreign country. We have gotten them up to 6 weeks after friends have returned home.

Mike:)

I would have someone from home mail them as well.

There is no telling when they will arrive from the ship being mailed in a foreign country. We have gotten them up to 6 weeks after friends have returned home.

Mike:)

Yes, do get someone from home to mail them for you if you want them to arrive on time!

LuLu

~~~

It's worth noting that there is no charge for the service, but you do need to have the right stamps for the country which you are sending from, and it needs to be international postage.

The charge is built into the overpriced postage stamps that the Purser's desk will sell to you.

However, on a TA the ship may not yet have any stamps for the countries to be visited for the first time of the season.

Leave the cards with a friend to mail, or mail them early from home. If you do mail from a country other than your own, DON'T FORGET to place the country of destination name at the end of the address. Local postal workers will not be able to determine where the mail is going without the country indication. Be prepared for long delivery times.

My friends are still waiting for our post cards mailed from our cruise 2 years ago. We mailed postcards from the Ushuaia post office (southern most post office in the world) and it only took 9 days to get home to Canada. A postcard mailed from the cruise ship that same day is "missing in action". Either mail them early or have someone at home mail them for you.

There is a online site called send outcards. Com I believe that you order and design online and they send a card in the regular mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a cool idea! When I went to check it out I got this.......1zdoq3m.png

Seems like a "going out of business soon" strategy to me. Why in the world would you need to know someone already using the service to be able to use it yourself? But, thanks anyway. I'll just mail them before we leave.

What a cool idea! When I went to check it out I got this.......

Seems like a "going out of business soon" strategy to me. Why in the world would you need to know someone already using the service to be able to use it yourself? But, thanks anyway. I'll just mail them before we leave.

While I haven't used this service, you can buy cards at Hallmark.com, personalize them and they will send them out on the day you want. I would easily trust Hallmark to do this.

Though -your idea sounds perfect also. No one complains about getting a card "early" for an occasion.

Edited by Coral

• 1 month later...

Ah, did not realize the link I sent you too was the link so the person you referred me to would get her profit. I like this company as you can even personize the card with your own photgraphs. If you want in the future I can look for her number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My friends are still waiting for our post cards mailed from our cruise 2 years ago. We mailed postcards from the Ushuaia post office (southern most post office in the world) and it only took 9 days to get home to Canada. A postcard mailed from the cruise ship that same day is "missing in action". Either mail them early or have someone at home mail them for you.

Think they fell down behind the desk. :eek:

I sent some from Kusadasi laxt May and it took 3 weeks.