Shareholder OBC denied. Why?

We have a10day trip on the VOS coming up in an outside room and are not part of any group. My request for a shareholder OBC was denied because"it is confirmed with pricing that is not combinable with the shareholders OBC offer? Can anyone explain this to me?

Did you book with a Future Cruise Certificate, is there a C&A Saving Certificate discount on your room? I don't know the real reason but it seems like they deny shareholder credit as a default and then make you fight for it:rolleyes:

the only time they've denied me my Shareholder credit was when I had booked a cruise while on board and they won't combine the Shareholder OBC with the OBC you get when you book onboard. I had them remove their OBC for booking onboard and applied my Shareholder OBC as it was the larger of the 2.

Did you book with a Future Cruise Certificate, is there a C&A Saving Certificate discount on your room? I don't know the real reason but it seems like they deny shareholder credit as a default and then make you fight for it:rolleyes:

I booked this cruise last week through the RCCL website and then transferred to my travel agent. I have no other OBC's that I know of.

Will see if anyone else has a good explaination. Otherwise your statement could very well be correct.

I booked this cruise last week through the RCCL website and then transferred to my travel agent. I have no other OBC's that I know of.

Will see if anyone else has a good explaination. Otherwise your statement could very well be correct.

Check your booking confirmation. Did you get a CAS rate? I don't think the new crown and anchor rates are combinable with anything other than a future cruise credit.

could it be that the pricing for booking so close to sailing was discounted (Hot Deal)?

That happen to me as well. I received a discount off the cabin because I am at a diamond level. Ask for my stockholder OBC and was told told because I received the discount for being a diamond member I could not combine the two. So what did I do----I sold the stock.

Why wouldn't you ask your Ta. Sounds like a group booking

This was my initial thought as well but, of course, we can only speculate. You need to call your TA or shareholder number to get the real answer.

I would call C&A and ask them to pull up your reservation. There must be a code on the reservation that is preventing you from being eligible for the shareholder benefit. C&A should be able to clarify exactly what the impediment is and perhaps can help you get rid of it.

I haven't had any problem getting the benefit on my reservations. One time I booked through a large online agent and they slapped a $50 OBC on my reservation. It took a conference call between the TA, RCL, and me to get rid of the $50 so that I could get the $100 OBC. I just did a last minute booking two weeks ago on the RCL site and had no problem getting my shareholder OBC. I was concerned because there have been other posts about the benefit being denied.

I intend to ask my TA but she is away for week. I thought that there may be a simple answer for example the type of room but this does not seem to hold.

Combinability?

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the shareholder benefit offer is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, upgrade offers, chartered sailings, certain group sailings, "dollars off/wave" promotional offers, certain price programs, reservations made on a reduced rate/travel agent rate/inter-line rate and savings certificates. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.comand a prompt response will be forthcoming.

That happen to me as well. I received a discount off the cabin because I am at a diamond level. Ask for my stockholder OBC and was told told because I received the discount for being a diamond member I could not combine the two. So what did I do----I sold the stock.

I bought a few hundred shares of RCL back when it was selling for $22/shr. I used it a couple times to get a shareholder OBC. But then we got a balcony and have never gone back.... :D The C&A Balcony Discount is larger than the Shareholder Discount, so I never claim that anymore. But, I kept the stock since the stock price has gone up so much..... :cool: