Our opinion on recent all inclusive package

petlady7

We are booked for August on the Grand and considering this package, but trying to figure out if it would be beneficial or not. Does anyone have, or know where to point me to, a listing of some of the bar prices such as for beer and mixed drinks, notably Jack Daniels? Thanks in advance.

We had the package on our recent Emerald cruise and although I don't have a list to post I can assure you that a vast majority of drinks, including Jack Daniels are under $10. We drink premium gin martinis and the prices were never an issue.

We are booked for August on the Grand and considering this package, but trying to figure out if it would be beneficial or not. Does anyone have, or know where to point me to, a listing of some of the bar prices such as for beer and mixed drinks, notably Jack Daniels? Thanks in advance.

Some of the pricing before 15% gratuity

Jack Daniels $6.95

Chevas Regal $5.95

Beefeater gin $5.50

Absolut vodka $5.50

Vodka martini $7.95

mocktails $4.00

Moijito $7.95

Drambuie $5.75

• 2 weeks later...
There seems to be a growing consensus that the package is great for the wine lovers and not so good for the bucket-o-beer on the balcony crowd.

(We're more the latter!)

For the amount of beer/water/soda/coffee I can consume in a day, I for sure get my money's worth out of the package. As a rule, I drink beer during the day but by 5 pm, I am beered out and switch to mixed drinks for the rest of the evening. so having the package is totally worth it. Add in the water/soda/coffee, it is more than the package per day price.

We just got back from a 10 day Celebrity cruise where we had the Premium package. We did close to $700 in the Martini Bar alone. Add in all the wines for meals, special coffees, waters, beers, margaritas, etcetera. I think it would be hard to now cruise without a package. We absolutely loved it

As someone else posted, wine by the glass up to $10 is included but there is only a 40% discount for the purchase of any wine bottle. The Wine Bottle Package is still available on longer cruises. Not always offered on 10 day cruises, but usually on longer cruises.

I was just on the 25 day Sapphire Princess cruise in April and -- ALAS -- the wine package was not offered.

TAlso, for those who bring bottled water on board, just want you to know that the ship water out of your bathroom faucet is purer than bottled water and tastes (to us) just as good. (they purify it with osmosis on board).

The claim that ships water is purer than bottled water is often posted

here. No one has ever posted a link to any sort of study showing this.

Water on princess ships is either bought in port, or made with waste

heat using flash evaporation.

There is a desalination process called 'reverse-osmosis', NOT osmosis,

which uses high pressure to force salt water thorough a semi-permeable

membrane.

This is not used by princess.

There is unlimited free drinks at the Captain Welcome party and the Captains Circle party too. On those nights, that is most of our alcohol consumption, since we have about 4 champagne glasses each during each party. Also, for those who bring bottled water on board, just want you to know that the ship water out of your bathroom faucet is purer than bottled water and tastes (to us) just as good. (they purify it with osmosis on board). We just fill empty bottles with that water to save a little.

During a galley tour our host pointed out that all of the water served in the dining rooms and buffet was filtered but that was not the case with the water out of the sinks in the cabins. He strongly urged people to not drink the water out of the bathroom sinks.

There is unlimited free drinks at the Captain Welcome party and the Captains Circle party too. On those nights, that is most of our alcohol consumption, since we have about 4 champagne glasses each during each party. .

I am not a nighttime champagne drinker, so it is nice with the package to be able to order what I want

I've gotten the all inclusive drink package on my last 2 cruises, and more than got my money's worth with coffee, bottled water, trying new wines at Vines, and of course, cocktails during the day/evening. I will always buy it. I know what my bill will be at the end of the cruise and don't have to constantly go pull my folio charges to see what the damage was from the day before.

One issue I do have is having to sign my name so many times. They still go through an entire forest of trees to print receipts which must be signed. I can say the only time I've signed my name as many times was when I purchased my home.

One issue I do have is having to sign my name so many times. They still go through an entire forest of trees to print receipts which must be signed. I can say the only time I've signed my name as many times was when I purchased my home.

We loved not having to sign anything on Celebrity this past week. Drink packages are awesome :). Hopefully once Princess figures this out signing will be a thing of the past

We just got back from a 10 day Celebrity cruise where we had the Premium package. We did close to $700 in the Martini Bar alone. Add in all the wines for meals, special coffees, waters, beers, margaritas, etcetera. I think it would be hard to now cruise without a package. We absolutely loved it

I just returned from a 13 day transatlantic on the Equinox. No beverage package offered as a perk, and we thought 13 x $54 per day would be a chunk of change. I boarded with a bottle of Jack Daniels and 12pk of Coke Zero, and my buddy with a bottle of brandy and 12pk of Coke. Needless to say, we both ended up with over $700 in bar charges!:eek: I've had the package on 3 previous cruises, and learned my lesson this time- package all the way! Lol

Tony

I think it's really great that it's offered, but there's no way I'm going to drink that much. I only like the fruity, sugar-laden foofoo drinks and sugar is NOT my friend these days. If I weren't worried about the sugar content, I would almost certainly go for it, or the "Soda and more" package at the very least. I could probably drink my own weight in "mocktails" :D

We loved not having to sign anything on Celebrity this past week. Drink packages are awesome :). Hopefully once Princess figures this out signing will be a thing of the past

I think the signing also has to do with additional tips on top of the 15%. I'm not sure how many people tip extra, but that may go down w/o the opp to add the tip when one signs.

I think the signing also has to do with additional tips on top of the 15%. I'm not sure how many people tip extra, but that may go down w/o the opp to add the tip when one signs.

We just handed out cash a couple of times in the bars. Better than killing trees :). But you're right, extra tipping may go down without the signing...but it was soooooo nice

Are there places where you can't use the package on the ship? For our upcoming cruise, it sounds like a good deal as long as we can get the drinks at enough places (lounges, poolside, restaurants, theatre, etc...)

Is there a time limit? As in, you can only get one drink every hour? I don't usually do two drinks at once, but coffee with mimosa I do like!

Are there places where you can't use the package on the ship? For our upcoming cruise, it sounds like a good deal as long as we can get the drinks at enough places (lounges, poolside, restaurants, theatre, etc...)

Is there a time limit? As in, you can only get one drink every hour? I don't usually do two drinks at once, but coffee with mimosa I do like!

Any place that dispenses what you want can be used.

No time restrictions.

There has been a post from a short coastal repositioning that there was a limit of 15 drinks per day on that sailing. No info on that from other ships. Also no info if that limit was just for alcoholic beverages.