What's your favorite low fat or sugar free MDR dessert?

The original sugar free key lime pie is gone. Now it is some type of congealed dessert...

Yes, we noticed this too. Too bad. We had a side-by-side taste test a few years ago and the SF Key Lime pie won for our family! It was garnished a little differently too, with a few fresh berries.

Remember that sugar-free does not always mean low calorie, low fat, and/or low carb. Many of the desserts are still high in carbs so do be aware, diabetic and low-carb cruisers. :)

I remember a sugar free coconut cake. It was a 4 layer white cake with vanilla icing and with coconut sprinkled on top. It was surprisingly good.

The sugar free ice cream is good, also.

No more SF coconut cake!!!! That was my favorite!!! Now there is an awesome SF pie(sort of cheesecake-like) with berries on top. I get 2 of them!!!! I forget what it is called.

I think most people are aware of this but thanks for reinforcing.

Remember that sugar-free does not always mean low calorie, low fat, and/or low carb. Many of the desserts are still high in carbs so do be aware, diabetic and low-carb cruisers. :)

Edited by awhcruiser

I need your recommendations! I love rich desserts but would like to choose some lighter fare on our next cruise...what are your favorites?

sugar free is NOT going to be low low carb or 'lighter' they replace the sugar with artificial sweetener

I aim for things labeled no sugar added or something that is already on the lighter side like angel food cake and fresh berries

Low fat and sugar free are not "light". Low fat just means high carb, and sugar free is still high carb.

A small portion of natural fats and sugars, is likely to be more healthy than a large portion of some toxic-waste filled pie.

:rolleyes:

Low fat and sugar free are not "light". Low fat just means high carb, and sugar free is still high carb.

A small portion of natural fats and sugars, is likely to be more healthy than a large portion of some toxic-waste filled pie.

Many of the desserts don't qualify as small portions of either fats or sugar.

The toxic-waste comment is unfortunate.

If you REALLY want lighter choices, (dude, you are on a cruise, wth?)

Yes, some of us make choices based on our health - for instance, I am a diabetic and decline most carbs such as white bread, rice, and potatoes. There are reasons people want to make alternate choices. :)

I remember a sugar free coconut cake. It was a 4 layer white cake with vanilla icing and with coconut sprinkled on top. It was surprisingly good.

The sugar free ice cream is good, also.

That was my favorite too but I think they removed it.the sugar free coconut vanilla layer cake :)