Just off the Reflection

Feelin' Nauti'

This was our second time sailing with Celebrity.

The excitement level since day one was off the wall. Especially since we were cruising with our Floataway Gang Buddies ...20 or so plus new roll call friends. Let's just say, on the second day I was feeling the after effects...Didn't get out of bed til 5pm. :o

The entire ship is well maintained. Spotless! Very elegant. Entire crew extremely pleasant and eager to please. First Class all the way!

Cabin: Our cabin was very nice. Little space for all our belongings. Suitcases fit nicely under the bed. Bathroom was spacious to move about and shower. Down side, I frequently found our toilet difficult to flush. But if you pressed long and hard enough it worked! Cabin steward questioned me way I left an old pair of worn out shoes outside my door? I told him in a nice way, that they were left in one of the drawers...He was very apologetic about it.

We picked the free Beverage Package which X offered as one of their perks. As soon as we boarded one of the crew members had a table with brochures about the different drink packages. I asked if we could upgrade with him...No problem! Wrote out a slip and placed a sticker on my sea pass card. We had no trouble getting drinks using the drink cards at the bars or in the dining room. The Martini Bar was fun as was the Molecular Bar. The staff were exceptional. So were the drinks...:D

Shows that we saw were excellent, only went to a couple since most evenings our friends and I spent most of the time at the Sunset Bar and Sky Disco.

The food in the main dining room was very good. Sommelier Fernado was extremely attentive... Kept filling our glasses.

We only tried the Qsine speciality restaurant. Fabulous! Would do that again...We walked out stuffed...with only trying five different dishes...Couldn't eat a dessert.

The open buffet had a nice layout... Easy to move around each station. There were lots of variety of food with good, healthy options.

Celebrity's famous Lawn Club was a waste of space IMO they could have put in another pool in that area or expanded the Sunset Bar. It was always roped off and cabanas were never used.

The main pool was used by all, meaning adults, teens, young children. A lot of jumping, slashing, even canon balling was had. The Pool Butler said everyone is entitled to use it. So it was extremely crowded.

Overall, we had an awesome time on this ship, with dear friends.

I would highly recommend the Reflection and this cruise line to anyone.

Thanks for the positive review -- we'll be on Reflection in May and love to hear from people who have had a good time! Any problems with too-loud music around the ship? Just trying to be prepared.

Thanks for the positive review -- we'll be on Reflection in May and love to hear from people who have had a good time! Any problems with too-loud music around the ship? Just trying to be prepared.

Cynbar

You are going to love it!

The week flew!

As for the music being loud, didn't notice it, since our group was a bit on the loud side. :o Noisy bunch! :D;)

Honestly, music didn't seem loud at all.

Happy Cruising!

Chris

We were on the cruise too! Saw your groups cute blue hats:)!

As far as the loud music, we did notice it in the martini bar late at night several times. It wasn't just the noise level, it was the style (DJ plus a drum beater or something). I guess we're so old (mid 50s) that we thought a DJ just played records:).

To us it was really annoying, and there has never been another type of music that we walked away from. No big deal though as there were plenty of other places to head to.

It was a wonderful cruise. Ironically as I did the survey, my overall scores were a top 10 for everything. As I scored individual things, my first thought was much lower for several categories. What it showed to me was that there may be little issues when analyzing them post-cruise, but they in no way took away from the overall pleasure! In fact we booked the same cabin for next year, and it's the same one we had last year. We are sticking with it because we loved it as well as it is a great hump cabi that we sort of just stumbled on to.

We were on the same cruise. I have to agree with ICANTWAITTOCRUISE that I don't quite get Miami DJ concept but I did find that even the piped in music around the ship was varied and mostly at a background volume. I only remember once by the pool thinking the music was loud.

The house band Vibe was excellent, one of the best I've seen on Celebrity

Only once did we notice a "dj" in the Martini Bar late at night. Which attracted the "younger" crowd. Didn't stay!

Vibe was excellent...Beautiful voice. Only draw back was they played the same songs over and over again - by the pool and in the lobby at night. She even wore the same dress very day. :eek:

By the pool, they had a guitarist, who was very good as well.

In the Sky Lounge, several nites they played Latin music...They could've changed it up a bit for those who like to dance. ;)

Thanks for the wonderful review. We sail over Thnaksgiving. I'm wondering which side of the ship would your recommend for an Eastern itinerary. We are currently port. Thanks

We were starboard side, mid-ship hump balcony right near the elevators (very convenient) and had a lovely view.

As for side, it doesn't make a difference. I expect you will see sunrises when the ship is heading south and sunsets when the ship is heading back north.

Happy cruising to you. Enjoy!

Oh, I don't know but this smells kinda fishy to me. No people fainting from dehydration because they've waited and waited seemingly days to get served at the bar? No groups of folks on the pool deck in a zombie like state wondering what's happened to the Zumba instructor? No people sitting around mumbling useless facts to each other suffering a terrifying trivia withdrawal? Sick bay not overflowing with casualties of contaminated cotton candy? No report of the booming business at the new designer hearing aid shop (run by the Miami DJ's sisters btw)? I'm calling the OP out as just another Celebrity shill!

(Feelin' Nauti', thanks for your review - a breath of fresh air in the (of late) smog filled atmosphere of the Celebrity board)

Cabin steward questioned me way I left an old pair of worn out shoes outside my door? I told him in a nice way' date=' that they were left in one of the drawers...He was very apologetic about it.[/quote']

We were on this sailing as well. I had taken to tossing dirty clothes on to the top shelf of the closet. On Friday when we went to pack, I scooped them all up and tossed them on the bed to get organized -- only there were an extra pair of men's underwear! That led to an awkward but hilarious conversation with my partner! "Uh... these aren't mine!"

Only once did we notice a "dj" in the Martini Bar late at night. Which attracted the "younger" crowd. Didn't stay!

Vibe was excellent...Beautiful voice. Only draw back was they played the same songs over and over again - by the pool and in the lobby at night. She even wore the same dress very day. :eek:

By the pool' date=' they had a guitarist, who was very good as well.

In the Sky Lounge, several nites they played Latin music...They could've changed it up a bit for those who like to dance. ;)[/quote']

Thanks for the great review. Looking forward to our cruise in June.

DH and I love to dance. Was there danceable music, such as 70's disco in the Sky Lounge? Or was it elsewhere on the ship?

Diane

Thanks for the review.

Do you know if Zumba was offered and whether it was free or you had to pay? I am just trying to see if the complains about it not longer been free are true.

For what I remember :o gulp! They had some sort of dance exercise by the pool... Nothing like a high impact Zumba class.

We were on this sailing as well. I had taken to tossing dirty clothes on to the top shelf of the closet. On Friday when we went to pack, I scooped them all up and tossed them on the bed to get organized -- only there were an extra pair of men's underwear! That led to an awkward but hilarious conversation with my partner! "Uh... these aren't mine!"

:eek:

Funny!

This was a first, out of all our cruises to find something left behind.

Usually the steward cleans the cabin with fine tooth comb.

DH and I love to dance. Was there danceable music, such as 70's disco in the Sky Lounge? Or was it elsewhere on the ship?

Diane

Sad to say they didn't have 70's, 80's, etc music anywhere on the ship. :(

Wish they did!

Great review, Chris! Maybe I'll get around to writing one!

Thanks Freddie

Looking forward to yours and pics as well....

We had a great time, didn't we? ;):)

Having cruise withdrawals ...We must have a committee meeting real soon. Pick our next cruise. :D Maybe out of NY <wink-wink>

Only once did we notice a "dj" in the Martini Bar late at night....In the Sky Lounge' date=' several nites they played Latin music...They could've changed it up a bit for those who like to dance. ;)[/quote']

Thanks for your upbeat review. We love to wander and dance after a late dinner. Could you elaborate on the various dance venues?

Diane

Diane

Sad to say they didn't have 70's' date=' 80's, etc music anywhere on the ship. :(

Wish they did![/quote']

I'm pretty sure on our March cruise you could find a variety of music to dance to in the Grand Foyer on most nights. We spent a lot of time listening from the Passport Lounge. They even had a dance competition one night.