Apparently a couple forgot to leave clothes out, had to ask to leave in bathrobes.

dgparent

LOL we were in Michael's this morning a couple apparently packed either in their bathrobes or nude. They packed everything, had their luggage taken after they left it outside of their cabin and when they woke up they realized they had no clothes to disembark with :) The concierge told us they had to ask to disembark in bathrobes find their luggage and change in the bathroom before hitting customs, he did not know the outcome.

I thought that was pretty darn funny :)

Honestly, I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Many of us pack early, on the last day of the cruise. But, there are always procrastinators who rush back after dinner to pack and get their suitcases set out. ;)

Presumably, they are doing this in their sleepwear (whatever that may be) ...:p

It happened to my GF on the last cruise she took with her ex-husband. She went to bed while he finished packing, the next morning she found out that he packed all her clothes. This was on RCCL and the room attendant brought her a bag with clothes left behind by previous passengers. :eek: She picked something, including a pair of sandals, flew from Barcelona to Madrid and bought a new outfit in Barajas (Madrid airport). Long story, short, they divorced a couple of months after this trip. :rolleyes:

I came close once, and I've cruised a few times.

At the end of 30 some days on the Infinity, I packed my large bag and put it outside. Luckily I had occasion to look in the closet and suddenly realized that I had packed the pants I was to wear the next day. Opened the cabin door and the suitcase was still there. Saved!

So now I'm REALLY careful to put my clothes for the next day all together. And separate them from what gets packed.

So now I'm REALLY careful to put my clothes for the next day all together. And separate them from what gets packed.

That's what I do as well Linda. I always put aside everything I need for the final morning, in advance. If there's 2 sea days before the end of the cruise, I always try to pack as much as possible on the first sea day, so I do not feel pressured, and can enjoy the last day of the cruise.

Sorry to hear about the couple, but it's pretty safe to say they will never do it again :)

'And my DH and I always thought that these tales were very rare anecdotes that the cruise directors always told their audiences to warn them not to pack everything the night before! Sort of a urban myth of the sea... 'may have happened once or twice in the past 20 years, on some lines, but never occurring on Celebrity.

Once at the end of a cruise I was sitting quietly on my balcony and evidently the couple on the balcony next to me didn't know I was there. They were planning how to minimize what they would carry the next morning, so they decided to pack their usual pajamas or whatever, and they decided to wear to bed exactly the outfits they would wear the next morning for ther trip off the ship and home.

At first I thought that was really unusual and could be uncomfortable, but as time as gone by, it has begun to make some sense to me. I've grown quite weary of carrying a heavy carry-on bag off the ship and through customs. Any idea to lighten the load is a good one, short of wearing the ship's robes.

This is my worst nightmare. I must double and triple check that I have something to wear off the ship. However, if it ever does happen, I guess I would just make a toga out of the sheet and walk, with my head held high, off the ship! LOL!

Now this made me laugh! :D

We don't have to worry anymore because we have started carrying our luggage off ourselves. So much easier. ;)

Several years ago, after having breakfast on the final morning of our cruise, I was at the pursers requesting a final bill. A young woman walked up in a panic and said that she had packed all of her shoes and the suitcase was long gone. Sure enough, I looked down and the poor girl had no shoes. :D She asked the purser if they could open the shop up so that she could buy a pair of sandals. They told her that they could not. Then a light bulb went off in my head :D. Up in my stateroom, in the trash, were a pair of old white sandals that I had just thrown away.:) I asked the woman what size she wore and if she would like to have my old sandals. Turns out that we were a half size difference. She returned to my stateroom with me and gladly accepted the worn shoes. ;)

LOL we were in Michael's this morning a couple apparently packed either in their bathrobes or nude. They packed everything, had their luggage taken after they left it outside of their cabin and when they woke up they realized they had no clothes to disembark with :) The concierge told us they had to ask to disembark in bathrobes find their luggage and change in the bathroom before hitting customs, he did not know the outcome.

I thought that was pretty darn funny :)

That is pretty funny!

This almost happened to me once! Took a shower before bed whilst DH was still finishing his packing and he thought he'd be helpful and finish my packing too. Luckily I noticed before the luggage was taken. I always make a big note of telling him not to touch the clothes I've separated on the last day now because I can totally see me having to head off the ship in a bathrobe.

I came close once, and I've cruised a few times.

At the end of 30 some days on the Infinity, I packed my large bag and put it outside. Luckily I had occasion to look in the closet and suddenly realized that I had packed the pants I was to wear the next day. Opened the cabin door and the suitcase was still there. Saved!

That happened to me on our Galapagos cruise. We had already packed, and when I got back to the cabin after dinner and one too many farewell nightcaps, I packed what I was wearing, put the zip ties on the bag and headed to bed. At 3:00 am I woke up in a panic, realizing that I had packed my disembarkation pants. Had the bag not been there, I would have had to fly to Quito and arrive at the hotel in lord only knows what, since the bags left the ship and were checked all the way through.:eek:

We normally carry off our bags, but in that kind of tendering situation, we couldn't, so I was out of practice!

This is my worst nightmare. I must double and triple check that I have something to wear off the ship. However, if it ever does happen, I guess I would just make a toga out of the sheet and walk, with my head held high, off the ship! LOL!

LMBO, NLH! :p If you ever do, please take a "selfie" and post it here, when you return! ;)

We usually set aside our "travelin' duds" when we start packing. That's what we wear to dinner, the last night -- so, that's what we're wearing when the suitcases go out. :cool:

I have heard a lot of cruise directors comment about not packing all of your clothes. One thing I noticed that was different about Celebrity is that they do not have the debarkation briefing like Carnival did. They would record it and then replay it on the ship channel so people could watch at their leisure. For the first cruise it was helpful. Celebrity had some papers about debarkation, but they were delivered too early IMO and we misplaced some of them.

I could see myself being without shoes. Usually we put out our clothes for the next day and pack the rest. After we get back to the room, we put our fancy clothes in the suitcase, including shoes. If we forgot to put out other shoes, we could totally be without them.

This past cruise (my fifth) I had a pair of capri pants that I had not worn (I usually wear them 2 times or so if I can keep them clean), so I decided to keep them out. I am not sure if I did not try them on at home before packing or I was "bloated" from the trip, but they were a little on the tight side. Luckily I was able to get them buttoned up. That is something I won't do again though.

I dragged my suitcase out to the hall late the final night to put outside our aft cabin door. I had on panties and a pajama top. My friend followed me out similarly clad with her suitcase. When both out in the hall, we heard the door click shut!!

You should have seen the looks on our faces staring at each other as we stood in the hallway half dressed with no keys and a shut door!!!

Fortunately, the door had only partially latched and we were able to get back in the room. We literally ROTFL when back inside, but for a moment it was shear terror. We could picture ourselves marching down the long hallway to the front desk half naked to get our room opened!!