Halloween onboard

Have been on board larger ships during Halloween - Mariner, Liberty, etc. Each time there has been a parade for passengers down the promenade - lots of participants - very funny/entertaining. Promenade was also decorated. Windjammer also had a display of carved pumpkins and decorations at the entrance.

My sister and I were onboard the Miracle for Halloween. It was awesome. They did have a costume party in the main lobby, which grew SO large the cruise director moved it to the theatre. He said it was the largest turnout they ever had.

We had the costume parade on the way to the theatre, and there they had the costume contest. Alot of laughs. I don't remember any trick or treating for children though. They did participate in the contest, but it was for all ages, not just children.

This is not saying they did not have something in the children's program. The contest in the theatre was for all ages.

Halloween cruises out of Boston (repositioning cruise to Florida) have traditionally had extensive Halloween decorations and a very lively celebration complete with costumes and parades. A few year's back, the Jewel's conference room was turned into a Haunted House but I'm not sure if that event has been continued. It wasn't a feature on last year's Brilliance voyage. Nevertheless a good time is generally had by all onboard RCI ships on Halloween. Kids and adults should have a wonderful time.:)

hmmm... I was hoping for a haunted house, trick or treating for the kids a costume party.... :)

There is trick or treating for the kids. They do their own kids costume parade and go to a couple of stops on the ship where the staff will have candy. They won't get as much candy as at home, but they still get to Trick or Treat.

I wouldn't count on a haunted house. I think they don't want to deal with scaring the kids. Sometimes on the Freedom/Voyager ships they do something non-scary for the kids in the Dungeon/Crypt nightclub, it just depends on the ship. Adults have their own costume parade and then a big adult-only costume party later at night.

It's a great week to cruise since you get a bunch of activities you wouldn't get any other week. We cruise Halloween every year and love it.

My sister and I were onboard the Miracle for Halloween. It was awesome. They did have a costume party in the main lobby, which grew SO large the cruise director moved it to the theatre. He said it was the largest turnout they ever had.

We had the costume parade on the way to the theatre, and there they had the costume contest. Alot of laughs. I don't remember any trick or treating for children though. They did participate in the contest, but it was for all ages, not just children.

This is not saying they did not have something in the children's program. The contest in the theatre was for all ages.

RCI doesn't have a Miracle. Are you sure about that?

We were on Enchantment this past fall for Halloween. I didn't pay attention to whether or not there were any planned activities because we weren't interested in that, but the 6 of us did dress up and there were plenty of others who dressed up as well.

Edited by waterbug123

I am pretty sure that the Miracle is a Carnival ship - not Royal Caribbean.

Our kids are going to be on their first cruise this Halloween aboard the Independence. I have asked in a few places on this forum regarding Halloween activities and a costume parade and competition were mentioned along with kids from Adventure Ocean doing a little bit of trick or treating.

If you do a search in You Tube there are a couple of videos of Halloween Parade on the RCI ships :)

I can't wait to get dressed up, not normally my kind of thing....but seeing as it is likely that I won't see any one again it means I kind relax and have some fun!

Just not sure what to wear yet... :confused:

We were on Enchantment this past fall for Halloween. I didn't pay attention to whether or not there were any planned activities because we weren't interested in that, but the 6 of us did dress up and there were plenty of others who dressed up as well.

We were there as well. There was a great party in the Centrum and there were many crew and guests participating :)

DSCF0994.JPG

100_1793.JPG

I am pretty sure that the Miracle is a Carnival ship - not Royal Caribbean.

She didn't specifically say an RCI ship. She just stated that she and her sister were on Miracle for Halloween. Come on people use some common sense.