Disney Food you cannot go one cruise without

They have scones, clotted cream and jam?? I haven't had those since I was in Europe!! Now I'm really excited! When/where is the high tea?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They used to have high tea in Palo, but they no longer do it.

They used to have high tea in Palo, but they no longer do it.

Dang! My last two Disney cruises were short ones, both for weddings, so I knew they wouldn't have it on those.

That's too bad, it was always such a nice experience. :(

Well' date=' I would have said the maple glazed salmon, but then some shoreside idiot had it removed from the menu......[/quote']

Soft serve cookie dough ice cream on CC - the same person must have gotten rid of that.

• 2 weeks later...
They were serving the pretzels with the fast food outlets on the Fantasy last October (I think it was with the pizza but not a 100% sure which station).

I have only seen these on the Fantasy. They were not available on the Dream a year ago.

I was just coming in to post this.

I have been trying to think of something, but in all seriousness, I can't think of a single thing that DCL offers that I would have to have it. Maybe the chocolate soufflé at Palo, but there are land based restaurants that do it as well or better. This is not to say the food on DCL isn't good, but just that it's no better than a stylistically comparable land based restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...

On the Dream May 2012 (cruising on the Fantasy August 2014)...

Me = Rack of Lamb w/ Mushroom Risotto from Palo.

My Husband = Would say the Scallops / Escargot (he's a seafood freak).

Our Kids = Would say the Chicken Fingers (we tried them, they were insanely addictive).

All of Us = Scrambled Eggs from the breakfast buffet (honestly, they were THAT good) and the Croissants w/ jam from the Concierge Lounge (Sigh...).

...and, no DC would be complete with out at least one Mickey Bar (don't wait until the last day of your cruise to ask for one, they'll run out)!

Love food threads!

Agree with those who say: Buccaneer's Sun ripened Pineapple

Also the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes - had them on the Magic, Fantasy, and Dream in AP

Ditto on the Palo Brunch Chicken Parm - goodness that was good!

This may be my absolute favorite though: Arugula Leaves and Grilled Vegetable Salad

Topped with sliced Beef Tenderloin, Marjoram, Bacon, and Ranch Dressing also in AP

Palo's chocolate souffle!! YUM!!!!!

Mickey bars are also excellent - and they will keep in the "freezer" section of your cabin fridge!

Do the fridges have a freezer section? I know the cooling boxes (on the Wonder) don't. On the other hand, one of our "cooling boxes" on the Wonder was cold enough to form ice crystals in our sodas in there. ;)

Do the fridges have a freezer section? I know the cooling boxes (on the Wonder) don't. On the other hand, one of our "cooling boxes" on the Wonder was cold enough to form ice crystals in our sodas in there. ;)

It's not a formal freezer, but like most of the dorm-type fridges I've encountered there's a little section with a suspended metal tray that seems to cool slightly more than the rest of the fridge. I know when I was on the Dream in February my sister and I ordered Mickey Bars with something else from room service and they sent 4 bars, so 2 of them got put in that section and one was still there (and "pre-breakfast dessert") on the last morning.

• 3 weeks later...

if you can get a couple meals without the kids, Palo's Brunch is a MUST! Best meal on any of the four ships. The dinners are also fabulous. Book online before your cruise or go to open booking on the ship as soon as you board, before lunch even.

We just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy. The one dish that no one has mentioned is Eggs Benedict. They were great and available in traditional form with ham or with smoked salmon. Both were delicious. Although we love traditional escargot dishes, the only escargot dish available on our cruise was a granulated form, which we found to be inedible. Most of the fish dishes were overcooked and rubbery, so you have a reason for avoiding them. The Tuna Tower, mentioned by another poster was a delicious appetizer. Shrimp cocktail was only on the menu one night. The servers were great!