LI to Bayonne

lenquixote66

I can't access their site from my IPad sitting here in Tampa waiting to cruise tomorrow. There have been posts about the LI bus service before. The OP should call. I found this on the Royal site.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=BusPrograms

Bayonne, NJ

Our Cape Liberty Motor Coach Program is provided by Academy Bus. Call (800) 310-9900 for reservations or book on-line at http://www.academybus.com. Please contact Academy Bus for rates and pickup locations.

Long Island is listed, but it doesn't cut and paste well.

Carol, I agree it's listed on Royal Caribbean's site, but it's not a listed route on Academy's site. Here are the Cape Liberty routes they appear to offer currently:

RCL - Motorcoach Transportation

$110 per person round trip

Cruises Sailing from Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ

Servicing Royal Caribbean from the following pick-up locations:

- Connecticut - Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven & New London

- Delaware - Wilmington

- Massachusetts - Braintree, Framingham, Springfield, Worcester, & Woburn

- Maryland - Baltimore

- New Hampshire - Manchester & Salem

- Pennsylvania - Philadelphia

- Rhode Island - Providence

- Arlington - VA

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Paul. I'm off on the Brilliance TA to Harwich. I'm going to get to sail in and out of Boston (something I haven't done in daylight) and be a real tourist for a day.

Bring some sun up north will ya? This crappy rain in the northeast stinks!

Have a wonderful time........

I cannot find a bus going from LI to Bayonne.

What town are you in from Long Island - further out in Suffolk Co. and not Nassau? Are you near LIRR - there's talk of a strike & MTA preparing to use buses, and, that's NOT good for this summer?

What are your date(s) for sailing out of Cape Liberty? How much luggage & how many in your group?

Have someone drop you off at LIRR, take the train out to NY Penn (via Jamaica) and then PATH train to NJT Light Rail to Bayonne's 34th Street Station, finally a cab ride to the cruise terminal.

Let's see if we can help look at what's available & options once we get a bit more details. Another option COULD be Hampton Jitney's to Manhattan as they have numerous pickup points all over LI, and 2 pc. of checked luggage per person free of charge plus carry-on - then, transfer to another bus out to NJ and last/final segment via a Bayonne taxi.

None simply or easy as far as "best" options -last but not least, local car service/taxi company price quote and/or Dial7 or Carmel car service (but, they will cost a bit $$)

What town are you in from Long Island - further out in Suffolk Co. and not Nassau? Are you near LIRR - there's talk of a strike & MTA preparing to use buses, and, that's NOT good for this

summer?

I am in Nassau County .

What are your date(s) for sailing out of Cape Liberty? How much luggage & how many in your group?

2 people cruising in January 2015 ,probably 4 -5 pieces of luggage .Too much for the LIRR.

Have someone drop you off at LIRR, take the train out to NY Penn (via Jamaica) and then PATH train to NJT Light Rail to Bayonne's 34th Street Station, finally a cab ride to the cruise terminal.

Let's see if we can help look at what's available & options once we get a bit more details. Another option COULD be Hampton Jitney's to Manhattan as they have numerous pickup points all over LI, and 2 pc. of checked luggage per person free of charge plus carry-on - then, transfer to another bus out to NJ and last/final segment via a Bayonne taxi.

None simply or easy as far as "best" options -last but not least, local car service/taxi company price quote and/or Dial7 or Carmel car service (but, they will cost a bit $$)

Thanks for responding

Thanks for responding

That's winter, weather conditions not hampering, 2 people and suitcases plus a carry-on each ruling out any LIRR/NJT/PATH connections for most of the way, with final section on a local Bayonne taxi to CL.

Got a nice neigborhood, friend or family willing to help you - reimburse her/him for the time, toll & gasoline, etc. ?? Someone with a SUV would be ideal as one never know if a bizzard is heading toward the metro NY area or buried with a foot of snow on the ground already. That's easily a 2 hour drive one-way, out LIE or NSP/SSP to Queens and then out via VZ Bridge to SI to Bayonne pier, or, via Manhattan & out the Holland Tunnel (I HATE this route myself.)

Does your cruise offer any Airporter transport from JFK to Bayonne, best to call them and ask - it might be one option to consider (a trip to the airport & bus for the rest)??

Carmel quoting about $105 plus tolls & tips for one-way trip, I used Syosset or Exit 43/44 just east of Hicksville for the purpose of estimating the trip. This would be easy & going door-to-door.

Or, you could take Hampton Jitney (not 100% sure that they run in the winter months, need to call them to ask & check) from your nearest town/village's pickup location at $19 p/p with 2 checked luggage allowed each & carry-on, and it will take you to midtown Manhattan (west side, above 40th Street) - arrange Carmel or similar car service to pickup & go the Bayonne Pier from there, quoted fare is $47 plus tips & toll if using the NJT Ext. via Lincoln Tunnel. Not a good idea if the bus pickup/dropoff locations are NOT winterized or sheltered.