Removing wine glass from cabin?

I was told at one bar, I could only get red wine glasses.:confused: I had asked for white wine glasses. Oh well, that night at dinner, I did take a white wine glass back to cabin with me. Every night I took my wine to dinner and returned with same glass which of course I washed for the next night.

This time I will ask room attendant for glasses.

Theres a difference? :confused: Thats a serious question!

Yes, there is a difference. Red wine glasses have a larger diameter bowl to give the wine more surface area. However, on our last few cruises, they have been using only one kind of wine glass in the MDR. Don't know if that's fleet wide.

Yes, there is a difference. Red wine glasses have a larger diameter bowl to give the wine more surface area. However, on our last few cruises, they have been using only one kind of wine glass in the MDR. Don't know if that's fleet wide.

I've noticed, too, that they seem to have gone to an "all-purpose" wine glass in the MDR. When we brought champagne for the table (a gift) one evening, our server did bring champagne flutes. You could probably request a nicer red wine glass if you were enjoying a better, higher-priced wine. The specialty restaurants and bars still seem to have a variety of glassware for the specific purposes.

On our Legend cruise this year the room steward introduced himself as soon as we reached our room. We requested 2 wine glasses for the cabin and explained that we would be taking both to dinner each evening and would not be returning to the room with the glasses so would he kindly bring new ones each night. We were pleasantly surprised when he left 4 (2 red and 2 white).

On the flip side however, he kept removing the bathroom glass and forgetting to replace it. Not easy to brush your teeth in that tiny sink and then try to fill a stemmed glass with water so you could rinse. lol

On our Legend cruise this year the room steward introduced himself as soon as we reached our room. We requested 2 wine glasses for the cabin and explained that we would be taking both to dinner each evening and would not be returning to the room with the glasses so would he kindly bring new ones each night. We were pleasantly surprised when he left 4 (2 red and 2 white).

On the flip side however, he kept removing the bathroom glass and forgetting to replace it. Not easy to brush your teeth in that tiny sink and then try to fill a stemmed glass with water so you could rinse. lol

Maybe each cabin has a glass quote and leaving you 4 wine glasses would put your cabin over its quota -- LOL.