Enchantment of the Seas vs. Majesty of the Seas?

cruise2316

I am looking at cruises for next spring break and debating between Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Canaveral and Majesty of the Seas out of Miami. The itineraries are similar, but Enchantment does not stop at Key West. Enchantment looks like it may be a better ship though.

Any opinions?

I am looking at cruises for next spring break and debating between Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Canaveral and Majesty of the Seas out of Miami. The itineraries are similar, but Enchantment does not stop at Key West. Enchantment looks like it may be a better ship though.

Any opinions?

They are both very well maintained and in very good condition, but Majesty is RCI's oldest ship at 22 years old. Enchantment is also an older ship at 14 years old but has more on board in terms of venues to offer and was part of RCI's ship revitalization program, which also has her with more updated features than Majesty.

Majesty is expected to be moved out of the fleet in the spring of 2016 following her previous sister ships, Sovereign and Monarch and as such is not included in the revitalization program. Majesty is a nostalgic ship for many experienced RCI cruisers.

Both offer similar shorter 3/4 itinerearies - which are often considered more of the party itineraries. In particular this would be the case during the spring break period.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Any opinions?

I've been on both several times and all in all, I recommend Enchantment. Majesty has the advantage of Key West, but while Majesty is a nice ship, it doesn't hold a candle to Enchantment. Enchantment has a lot more to offer....like an adults only Solarium pool, Chops Grill, standard balcony rooms, larger cabins, etc.

It depends on what you like in cruising. We have a fondness for Majesty. We like the feel of smaller ships. Just be aware that most of the cabins on Majesty are small. Enchantment is nice too. There is more to do on her. We have been on both ships multiple times and wouldn't turn down a cruise on either one.

Any opinions?

If a stop in Key West is not too important to you go on the Enchantment as it will have more amenities to offer. If Key West is important go on the Majesty. I love Key West so for me I would pick Majesty over the Enchantment. Majesty is still a nice ship for it's age, it's clean and easy to get around on. As others have stated her cabins are a lot smaller than other ships in the fleet.

If a stop in Key West is not too important to you go on the Enchantment as it will have more amenities to offer. If Key West is important go on the Majesty. I love Key West so for me I would pick Majesty over the Enchantment. Majesty is still a nice ship for it's age, it's clean and easy to get around on. As others have stated her cabins are a lot smaller than other ships in the fleet.

Lol! I would just pick Celebrity Constellation and have a better ship and Key West. It seems too, Celebrity is more like RCI in PAX mix on the Connie during holiday break weeks. People are younger during those times.