Royal cancels 1/18/15 sailing

PIA? Maybe but it's not like you canceled for a bogus reason or medical emergency. At some point in time we all have to or will have to reschedule a vacation. Disappointing yes, the end of the world no. You will have a better idea now than you did of how things work when you reschedule. Sorry with all the other issues in the world right now being upset about this to me seems petty. There are people where I'm at dealing with the aftermath of tornadoes no homes loss if life. That's something to be upset over.

This is a website devoted to cruising. Just about everything we talk about here is trivial compared to other "stuff" going on in the world. Every post does not have to begin with some politically correct statement like... I know compared to getting shot in Iraq or having your house blown away in a tornado my issue is trivial but here goes...:rolleyes:

I am so sorry your cruise is cancelled, I also would feel let down if that happens, I know that I spent a lot of time planning for a cruise and choosing the one that works best for our time frame and budget. Wait until RCLL contacts you and see what they offer you in terms of other cruises hopefully it will work well for you.

You're TA said it was for dry dock? I thought in a previous post that it looked like it might be a charter. Just hang on RCI should come through with some sort of compensation for you. :)

She said it was dry docked from January 11th through my sailing date is what in was told. I wont know till tonight of what's exactly going on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

As someone wo books on opening day for specific rooms, I could see being put out by a change like this. Sorry OP, what a dissapointment. I hope RCI takes good care of you & helps you find something else that works for your needs.

nascarcruiser. I'm sorry for your difficulties. Clearly your personal life & community need your full attention right now. If people going about their daily lives on Cruise Critic bothers you so much, then the simple answer is to unplug. Back away from the internet and take the time to sort out your own problems. My thoughts are with your community for a speedy recovery.

Edited by Lost_in_BC

Sorry with all the other issues in the world right now being upset about this to me seems petty.

Could be said to every human, every day on the entire planet.

Wah! You watched a news program and someone lost their house. Think of the people who lost their homes. There is someone worse off, why are you so petty?

Wah! You lost your home in a tornado and the news crew is filming it? Think of someone hurt in a car wreck. There is someone worse off, why are you so petty?

Wah! You were mangled in a car accident? Think of the poor person that lost their mother to cancer? There is someone worse off, why are you so petty?

Wah! You lost your mother to cancer... (to infinity)

I didn't see the OP state "This is the worst thing that ever has happened to a human being in history."

They are bummed and wanted to know what normally happens in this situation.

I'm sorry but your attitude is very snarky and I really don't need you bad attitude. Unless you have something nice to say, then keep your comments to yourself.

I feel your pain there. Really people, first cruise and you have to give her attitude about her attitude? There are a million people that post here, try to ignore this type of reply. Since you are thinking about a cruise that is just 7 months away and you mentioned you had secured a desired cabin location, you might want to call the cruise line with your old reservation number and find out if the agent can see any additional compensation they may offer.

She said it was dry docked from January 11th through my sailing date is what in was told. I wont know till tonight of what's exactly going on.

Something doesn't seem right. they're still advertising Andy Cooney’s CRUISE OF IRISH STARS 2015from 01/18 - 01/25. Keep us informed of the outcome.

OP: I am sorry you had to lose out on your cruise and favorite cabin.

I also had to lose my favorite booked cabin on the Freedom for my upcoming

June 1st cruise. My husband's father passed away suddenly and now his mother

is not doing well. We simply canceled and re-booked again for the same time

next year. Could not get the same cabin, a favorite D1 balcony, so I booked a

JS instead.

Don't worry....it will all work out.

Freedom goes out of Port Canaveral, Fl. So there should be lots of other ships leaving from there or FLL or Tam or Miami. It is winter and all the ships that spend summer in Europe are back in Florida such as the similar Independence or Liberty, not to mention the slightly smaller Voyager class ships or the smaller Radiance class ships or the big girls out of FLL, Oasis or Allure.

Lots of choices, wait to see what RCI offers you as compensation for the cancelled cruise.

Your TA should get more info...

Sometimes they will price protect you on another ship/sail date....it depends on the reason why..I looked and did not see any updates for that sailing.

As for flights and such? Usually happens on a case by case basis...

Be proactive and see if there is another ship sailing around the same time so you will have some options open...

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

Something doesn't seem right. they're still advertising Andy Cooney’s CRUISE OF IRISH STARS 2015from 01/18 - 01/25. Keep us informed of the outcome.

See that's what I'm thinking too. When I get a chance to talk to her tonight I'll have a direct answer. But that is what she told me when she was on the phone with them this morning

Thanks everyone for all your kind words.

I know this is nor the end of the world. Just came here for help because I am a new cruiser and I just don't know what to expect.

Is freedom the only one that visits Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman and Cozumel?

Independence does a 6 night cruise that hits everything except Cozumel. Oasis and Allure do 7 night western cruises that hit everything except Grand Cayman. Those three ships leave from Ft. Lauderdale.

See that's what I'm thinking too. When I get a chance to talk to her tonight I'll have a direct answer. But that is what she told me when she was on the phone with them this morning

I think a full ship charter is a MUCH more likely culprit than dry dock. Dry docks are scheduled far in advance and the dates are reflected in availability to book the ship unless there's a need for an unexpected repair. I can't imagine they would wait almost 9 months to make an unexpected repair. The ship going to dry dock doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Sorry to be naive but what's a full charter mean?

Full ship charter means a group or organization will be taking over the whole ship. Cabins are then sold only through the sponsoring organization's TA, and charters are usually much more expensive. For the extra money, there will be specially planned activities that cater to that group.

Ohhhh. Weird they would kick everyone who's already booked off the ship.

Thanks for the info

Just wanted to send you well wishes. Last year, our cruise was cancelled approx. 3-4 weeks before departure due to the Grandeur fire. RCI offered us a credit to use on a future cruise which was very nice. We ended up using that this year on an Oasis western sailing in July. I'm glad you have some time to find another cruise. Good luck to you.

Thank you all. I appreciate your help.

I came here for help, because I don't know what to expect.

I booked this particular room because I hear its AWESOME. great views and quiet. Everything we all wanted. Just really wanted that room.

Just curious - what stateroom number?

Sorry to be naive but what's a full charter mean?

Unfortunately it happens quite often. An organization or group purchases the whole ship for big bucks and they're guaranteed a full ship. Us little people get kicked to the curb.