Two Bookings Same Date Range

Has anyone ever booked and deposited 2 reservations over the same date range? We are trying to decide a 2015 sailing, but airfare is not out yet. Since we want to take advantage of the 50% off sale we were thinking of depositing both dates and then deciding once airfare was released. Therefore we would cancel one sailing well before final payment. Does RCCL check for these types of double bookings and cancel them out?

I think you could do it if you used one person's name on each reservation and leave the second person as 'to be decided'.

So you will have 1 booking for Mr. X with a TBD and 1 booking for Mrs. X with a TBD.

When you say one date range, do you mean the same dates or consecutive dates?

When we booked for Allure of the Seas we weren't sure which week would be Spring Break so we booked 2 weeks in a row and then cancelled one of the once the dates were final.

RCI had no issue with it at the time.

I think you mean two cruises at the same time from different places ? Not sure how they would view that.

When you say one date range, do you mean the same dates or consecutive dates?

When we booked for Allure of the Seas we weren't sure which week would be Spring Break so we booked 2 weeks in a row and then cancelled one of the once the dates were final.

RCI had no issue with it at the time.

I think you mean two cruises at the same time from different places ? Not sure how they would view that.

Correct, so we are not sure Oasis or Allure and a lot will depend on airfare in 2015 when that info is released by the airlines. So we would reserve the Oasis for a week and Allure the same week as well.

Correct, so we are not sure Oasis or Allure and a lot will depend on airfare in 2015 when that info is released by the airlines. So we would reserve the Oasis for a week and Allure the same week as well.

we currently have 2 reservations for the same dates as we also cannot decide yet

we currently have 2 reservations for the same dates as we also cannot decide yet

Did you book direct or with a TA? Wasn't sure how common this was. The last thing we want is Royal to do one of their automated cancellations and we don't find out until months later!

Has anyone ever booked and deposited 2 reservations over the same date range? We are trying to decide a 2015 sailing, but airfare is not out yet. Since we want to take advantage of the 50% off sale we were thinking of depositing both dates and then deciding once airfare was released. Therefore we would cancel one sailing well before final payment. Does RCCL check for these types of double bookings and cancel them out?

I currently have 2 for the same date.

I originally had Dec 2015 for the Allure booked and then the Anthem sailings came out and I put a hold on that one. A day later called Royal and switched all pax and their deposits from Allure to Anthem leaving only myself on the Allure with the $100 initial deposit from the NCC. I asked if I needed to move the date and they said only by Sept 2014 when final payment is due.

So up until Sept 2014 I am scheduled to be sailing on 2 ships at the same time.

We have 3 cruises booked for the same time next spring (actually 4 - one is B2B) -- 2 are on Royal and one on Celebrity. We also have two in the fall (actually 3 - another B2B) :)

We'll make our decision sometime prior to final. We don't mind tying up some cash for the deposits. About half were booked aboard with lower deposits.

This is a luxury our friends in the U.K. can't enjoy. Their deposits are non-refundable. (that sucks)

I like the way you think! We need to cruise together sometime.....;)

Chrstmas or March break. Your DW is probably on a different March break than us. One if these years we might do Bemuda or Alaska in the summer but that's probably a few years away.

Chrstmas or March break. Your DW is probably on a different March break than us. One if these years we might do Bemuda or Alaska in the summer but that's probably a few years away.

We'll hook up on one of them. Bermuda is a nice itinerary and a reasonable drive for you (real reasonable for us!)