Need help – Just left a piece of jewelry in the room safe.

Love Cruis'n

Sorry that happened. But keep in mind, the mail from the ship is sent from the first port the pull into. And some island post offices are rather lax...if it was from aboard, it would take even longer if the postage was not that of the country from which it was mailed.

OOOOPS. Meant to say "if it was from abroad" not aboard.

carefully check the safe...run your fingers around the front, as there is a lip that jewelry can slide into.

When we were on the CB in January my wife thought she had lost her watch. After thoroughly searching the cabin we asked our Room Steward if he had found it. He immediately told us to check the safe and feel inside the lip in the front. Sure enough I found it there. Made my wife happy as well as the steward who received a nice thank you tip.

So glad Terry's lost ring had a happy ending! I read somewhere on the boards that it's wise to put all your valuables into a zip-lock bag before placing them in the safe...so I'm going to make sure I have one with me just for that :)

You might want to invest in a travel jewelery travel pouch. I got one at a luggage store that has spots for you to put your earrings, a little rolled tube to put rings on and several zipper compartments for necklaces and bracelets. It only cost about 10.00 and is great.

I have a small travel jewellry box, that has a place for rings, earrings, necklaces,and a velvet pouch that snaps on the the inside of the lid, and this is where I keep any valuable jewellry, so that nothing is loose. On a Carnival cruise several years ago, we found two credit cards under the mattress of a top bunk (Yeah...cruising with my 20-something kids), and turned them in to the Purser. We were told that the guy who had our cabin the week before had left them there, and couldn't remember where he had put them! Anyway, apparently the guy was frantic and made a "scene" at the Purser's desk. Hope he got them back! I've also found socks, underwear, and a gold bracelet in the bedside drawers that lock, and gave them to the cabin steward...escept the gold bracelet, which I turned in to the Purser's office (NCL) I was told that no one had reported it missing. Wonder what staff is wearing that thing now???

It is very easy to miss something small on those safes. They have a lip that small items can get under and they have a space between the door hinge and the wall. We were on one cruise and as we were packing up to leave the ship my DH was emptying out the safe and asked me when I had purchased the earings he found in the safe. They were still in the box with the price tag on them. We had been using that safe for 12 days and didn't find them until he ran his hand around inside. They went to the pruser but I've always wondered if they got back to the owner. Maybe I should have just left my contact information and asked the ship to contact the owner or have the owner contact me if they called in. After all they should have a record of who was in the cabin before us.

I am very happy to report that in today’s mail I got my missing bracelet. :)

Postmarked in Ketchikan, and there was no return address. :confused:

I needed to find this post to let everyone know, and also get that address Largin had provided. These folks definitely deserve a very big pat on the back.

Well, I just (finally) finished my review (too long) :D , and posted my photos (from 600 down to just over 100), :D and I’m ready to return to real life. :(

I am so glad you got your bracelet!! Happy endings are wonderful...

I think maybe I will call the folks whose wallet and credit cards and money I found just to make sure they got them back, you sure reminded me of it!!

Congrats....

I purchased a jewelry bag for this purpose. Opening flat, it is lined with a fabric that prevents tarnish and has varying sized clear zippered pockets.

I lost a large silver bracelet on the Grand last week, somewhere between dinner and the Vista lounge. I checked with the purser's office the next day and someone had turned it in.

It kept a smile on my face for the rest of the cruise despite the little brats who threw water onto our balcony. BUt that's another story;)

I was just reading to see if anyone had suggested zip-lock bags. I always put my jewelry in a zip lock bag, then in the safe. It is a little inconvenient to take it out and put it back, but you won't forget anything. Same with passports, travelers checks and credit cards in another baggie.

I'm glad you were lucky. On our last cruise we left our jackets in our closet. We realized it as soon as we got to the airport. We called Princess from the airport and they told us to fax in the info to their lost and found dept. in California. After numerous calls we were finally told about 6 months later that they could not find our jackets. We are very disapointed in Princess!!

So glad Terry's lost ring had a happy ending! I read somewhere on the boards that it's wise to put all your valuables into a zip-lock bag before placing them in the safe...so I'm going to make sure I have one with me just for that :)

You might want to invest in a travel jewelery travel pouch. I got one at a luggage store that has spots for you to put your earrings, a little rolled tube to put rings on and several zipper compartments for necklaces and bracelets. It only cost about 10.00 and is great.

I purchased a small clear crafts box w/lid and lined the compartments with self sticking felt. The case is about the size of a small laptop and fits into the safes perfectly. The case keeps each piece of my jewelry separate from each other so it is easy to grab and return to the proper compartment. When I don't need it, I close the lid and pop it in the safe for safe keeping.;)

I returned from the sea princess last week

Whilst on the ship, end end of the 1st week I lost a gold and diamond bracelet. I lost it one evening. Retraced my steps but couldnt find it.

I reported to the pursers desk but it hadnt been handed in.

Checked again the next morning still no luck.

Eventually I had to get princess to do a report for insurance purposes Which they did, they were very helpful, they also had to check our cabin over.

It was never handed in. I am sure someone is walking round now with my bracelet on.

It had sentimental value as my husband had bought it for me for our 10th wedding anniversary 12 years ago.

Im have contacted my insurance company and yesterday received vouchers for a replacement one.

But would still liked to have had the original one back.

obvisiouly not everyone is as honest and most

• 10 years later...

A pouch w/valuables was left in room safe. For anyone on that sail who had "noro" experience, our packing & disembark were challenging.

Response from/L&F was to wait 4-6 wks until the "BOX" arrived in CA from FL. No contact was made w/staff or new owner Oceania. Pouch not recovered.

We contacted Oceania who after researching said nothing was recovered when the ship was turned over to them.

Does anyone on Princess 7602/South America 01-02/2016 have contact info for our very attentive room steward Alex who serviced area near suite 8067? The pouch may have been overlooked as it was the same color as the safe interior.

Reward for recovery. It's out there somewhere.

Thank you!

One of the suggestions I read here on CC and bears repeating, is to keep all one's valuables that you put in the safe in a large ziploc. For two reasons. One - in the event of an emergency and you had to get your belongings quickly, all you need to do is grab the one Ziploc. And two - it's not as easy to misplace small items if they are contained in a bag. Obviously larger items might not fit, but they are not that easily hidden.

Wow. Eleven year old thread- dug up from goodness knows where...

After a decade +, I think it is ok to start a brand new thread!

Threads should be automatically closed after a certain period of time. This would also eliminate the threads that are thousands of post ling.

Does anyone have any idea as a matter of totally unimportant interest what is the current and also the historical longest thread on CC?

DON