Maasdam Sail Away - Friday, May 2, 2014 - Last one of the season (Cue sad, bluesy mus

POA1

I know I'm jumping the gun, but I have a packed day and don't want anyone to miss the final Holland America ship of the Winter / Spring season.

The Maasdam is in Port Everglades today and scheduled for a 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time departure. (Technically, the Maasdam is still a ways off shore as I write this, but I'm feeling confident.)

Webcam:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com

Port Everglades Movement Schedule:

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

After this, I guess we'll all meet up on October 17th for the Zuiderdam triumphant return to the Caribbean.

Hope to be here. She looks like the only cruise ship in port. Everybody moving north? I must say, it was like summer here yesterday. Today we're due for a change, and some rain this afternoon. But the weatherman is not always right!

Must go and walk doggy now, and then we have to take some screens in to be repaired - it'll soon be insect season, too! I'd rather be cruising. Maasdam will be our next ship, so I'm anxious to see her sail - must make sure she is seaworthy!:D

Hope to be here. She looks like the only cruise ship in port. Everybody moving north? I must say, it was like summer here yesterday. Today we're due for a change, and some rain this afternoon. But the weatherman is not always right!

Must go and walk doggy now, and then we have to take some screens in to be repaired - it'll soon be insect season, too! I'd rather be cruising. Maasdam will be our next ship, so I'm anxious to see her sail - must make sure she is seaworthy!:D

The Maasdam is the only cruise ship in port today. She looked fine sailing in this morning.

I should be here...and I will try to figure out when they go by us here on the way North!

We're south of Boston...only a mile from the water...anyone know the website where one can check marine traffic?

And then there were none.

y4ujanus.jpg

The Maasdam graces us with her presence - the last Holland America ship until mid October when the Zuiderdam steams back into town.

I should be here...and I will try to figure out when they go by us here on the way North!

It's our turn to be jealous of you. It's starting to get a wee bit toasty here in South Florida.

Can't wait to get back to Maine for summah. :)

Checking in.

After the Veendam sailed yesterday, I watched the other two ships sail. The Liberty of the Seas provided a bit of interest. Shortly after she left port, there was radio traffic between the Harbormaster and Liberty. That was unusual. She had to return to port becasue of a medical emergency. She docked at Pier 25, using her thrusters, I believe, to hold her against the pier. I saw no lines deployed. After about 10 minutes, off she went again.