Trying to see if it is worth it....

With the BOGOHO sales, I am considering booking a cruise for January 2016. However, I have no clue if it is a good deal or not... And 500$ is kind of a lot to put down when I need to pay for the comming January 2015 one.

Looking for the freedom, for a promenade room. With the C&A discount and the BOGOHO discount, would be around 1200$ for 2 including fees, taxes and gratuity. Is that a good deal or should I wait?

With the BOGOHO sales, I am considering booking a cruise for January 2016. However, I have no clue if it is a good deal or not... And 500$ is kind of a lot to put down when I need to pay for the comming January 2015 one.

Looking for the freedom, for a promenade room. With the C&A discount and the BOGOHO discount, would be around 1200$ for 2 including fees, taxes and gratuity. Is that a good deal or should I wait?

I think it's a decent deal. That's around $400pp before taxes and gratuity, and I think that is not bad for a PR stateroom on Freedom.

Sounds like a good price. The only problem I've have with the promenade rooms is 95% of the time I look up at these rooms from the promenade, the curtains are closed. If the curtains closed all the time, why not get an inside cabin and save the $$. :cool:

Sounds like a good price. The only problem I've have with the promenade rooms is 95% of the time I look up at these rooms from the promenade, the curtains are closed. If the curtains closed all the time, why not get an inside cabin and save the $$. :cool:

When I get the promenade room is because I want to have inside my room some extra light and look down when I want.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Personally I go on many cruises (my 53rd is next week) and I don't feel that is a great bargain, its regular price to me. January is one of the lowest seasons in cruising, that is another year and a half away, the ship will become older, new ships will come out I feel that you can get a better deal next year on her, if not the same type of deal in the worst case.

Personally I would not book up a cruise that far out, anything can happen and prices are just getting better on the older ships as newer ones are coming out.

How long will this sale last? and is it only for past cruisers? I have not received an email notification, and I did not see anything on the RCI website.

Thanks.

Kathy

It's on the front page of their website. The sale lasts the whole month of May. I booked two cruises with that sale yesterday and got great rooms!

How long will this sale last? and is it only for past cruisers? I have not received an email notification, and I did not see anything on the RCI website.

Thanks.

Kathy

It is for the entire month of May and it is for all people -- present, past and future -- existing reservations can be price matched to the deal as well.

It is on their main website home page as well as in various e-mails they have sent out.

I guess I'm in the minority and agree with Lynda. We have the Freedom booked for this October. We are paying that same price for 5 of us in an oceanview. It also includes taxes and gratuities and we got $120 onboard credit. We booked during the Kids Sail Free promotion. As Lynda said, you never know what other promotions will come out within that time frame. True, you could just get a price adjustment if a better sale comes along, but it sounds like you could use the $500 for your upcoming cruise.

Personally I go on many cruises (my 53rd is next week) and I don't feel that is a great bargain, its regular price to me. January is one of the lowest seasons in cruising, that is another year and a half away, the ship will become older, new ships will come out I feel that you can get a better deal next year on her, if not the same type of deal in the worst case.

Personally I would not book up a cruise that far out, anything can happen and prices are just getting better on the older ships as newer ones are coming out.

Have to agree. Decent deal, but not worth it to tie your money up for that long. We have cruised January last two years. Last year, we booked after the final payment and got a great deal on a balcony.

The Promenade Rooms might not be for everyone, but we love them. It's the same for an OV or Balcony, the majority of the time people are on the ship doing other things. It's nice knowing it's there, makes the room feel less stuffy, and a bonus if you like to people watch ;)

We booked an April 2016 Voyager Class today for around $1,100 or $1,200, we had a NCC but I would have paid $500 for the deal.

It's on the front page of their website. The sale lasts the whole month of May. I booked two cruises with that sale yesterday and got great rooms!

Thank you! I just looked again and saw it. It is one of those screens that changes every few seconds, and when I looked before, it was the wrong second.

Happy sails.

Kathy