Can I bring soda can to MDR?

uilleann

I dont drink alcohol.... Wife does. At home I usually have an Arnciata or Limonata (san pellegrino products) with dinner. I have read that HAL only carries coke products. I will be bringing a couple of six packs with me. And I would like to bring a can or a filled glass with me to the MDR...... Unless I am wrong about what HAL carries. Will they stop me from doing that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I dont drink alcohol.... Wife does. At home I usually have an Arnciata or Limonata (san pellegrino products) with dinner. I have read that HAL only carries coke products. I will be bringing a couple of six packs with me. And I would like to bring a can or a filled glass with me to the MDR...... Unless I am wrong about what HAL carries. Will they stop me from doing that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not much of a soda drinker (takes me a whole day to drink one can). I took a can of soda to dinner probably about 1/3 of the time on our last cruise. The server would bring me a glass of ice, and I'd pour about 1/2 the can in for drinking during dinner. Then I'd carry the 1/2 full can to the bar/lounge/show we were going to that night and get another glass of ice from the server to finish it up.

Absolutely no problem. I'm pretty sure that, if you just carried in a glass of soda you had poured in your room, they would have no problem with that either.

I think either would work just fine. I have never brought a can of soda with me, but did bring an unfinished glass several times.

For me IF I was bringing a can, I would ONLY bring a can of a soda type that they did NOT sell on the ship. Just my thoughts on this.

I don't suppose anyone would stop you carrying a can of soda to MDR for dinner but I don't think I would do that. I would feel uncomfortable bringing the can with me.

I think either would work just fine. I have never brought a can of soda with me, but did bring an unfinished glass several times.

For me IF I was bringing a can, I would ONLY bring a can of a soda type that they did NOT sell on the ship. Just my thoughts on this.

That's what we did.

Ask the wine steward for a straw.

I really hope that is a joke. That can't seem to keep up with the serving of wine that people have paid good money for.

I would not bring soda from my room into the mdr.

If you are a non drinker ...of .. wine or booze why is it wrong to bring a can of soda with you to the MDR... the can of soda could have come from any of the bars. That was paid for. If one drinks and has a pre dinner drink at the bar and does not finish it ... takes it to the MDR ... partner brings his unfinished can of soda. Same idea IMO.

If you are a non drinker ...of .. wine or booze why is it wrong to bring a can of soda with you to the MDR... the can of soda could have come from any of the bars. That was paid for. If one drinks and has a pre dinner drink at the bar and does not finish it ... takes it to the MDR ... partner brings his unfinished can of soda. Same idea IMO.

Do bars give you a can with a glass of ice or just the soft drink in a glass? I've never paid attention and don't order a coke in a bar. I do know the glasses from your cabin are different from the glasses from a bar so the mdr stewards do know if you brought a drink from your cabin.

Aren't soft drinks brought on the ship supposed to be for in cabin consumption? I could be wrong of course.

That's what I thought' date=' about both wine and soda. It may have been the intent, but we all know how much HAL enforces things like this.

...why is it wrong to bring a can of soda with you to the MDR...

Not wrong so much as a conflict with their claim to provide a luxury or premium experience - aluminum cans don't coordinate well (IMO) with china, crystal and silver. WCB recently wrote on their live from thread (post-world cruise, now on a "regular" Panama Canal cruise): "We found a change in the breakfast amenities......no more little jam jars. We have the round packets of jams and jellys now."

Just like Denny's!

Edited by bcd2010

I am one of the 3 people in the world who still drinks TAB! I take one to the MDR when I eat breakfast in there. I have a large pink cup that I bought on one of the cruises and they fill that with ice. Easy peasy! Most of the time one of the servers in line will take my cup and bring it to the table I'm sitting at. Not rude at all!

Soda from the bars come in a can if you order them that way ...ice and glass on the side. If you are drinking the fountain soda it comes in a glass with ice. I certainly would not take a can to a Captains dinner table but to my own table for 2 I would.

Soda from the bars come in a can if you order them that way ...ice and glass on the side. If you are drinking the fountain soda it comes in a glass with ice. I certainly would not take a can to a Captains dinner table but to my own table for 2 I would.

Why wouldn't you take it to the Captain's table if it's fine at your own table?

Why wouldn't you take it to the Captain's table if it's fine at your own table?

It might upset the others at the table ... and I would not want to do that...

the Captain might not mind but the others diners probably would.

Edited by Bluwater7
spelling

And I would like to bring a can or a filled glass with me to the MDR...... HD

I know you're not a big fan of the dress codes, but when you are in a BYOCoS situation (Bring Your Own Can of Soda), it's important to show respect for your fellow passengers.

u8uga3u3.jpg

Do bars give you a can with a glass of ice or just the soft drink in a glass? I've never paid attention and don't order a coke in a bar. I do know the glasses from your cabin are different from the glasses from a bar so the mdr stewards do know if you brought a drink from your cabin.

When we order sodas in the bars/lounges they bring a glass of ice and the can. On some cruises they would open the can and pour into the glass' date=' on our last cruise they would just leave the can and I would open it and pour it into the glass.

Here's our drinks we ordered in the Crow's Nest (with can):

[img']http://i59.tinypic.com/2cnk0ac.jpg[/img]

I know you're not a big fan of the dress codes, but when you are in a BYOCoS situation (Bring Your Own Can of Soda), it's important to show respect for your fellow passengers.

u8uga3u3.jpg

Can I find one of this????? It is perfect and suits my DH's personality to a T(tux). ;)

Carrying a beverage that you have paid for on the ship to the diningroom is not the same thing as carrying a beverage that you bought off the ship. Regardless if it is an alcoholic drink or not.

We would never bring a drink from our cabin to any area of the ship.

Edited by OVgirl