Top Sailed Luncheon

Luvsprincess

We prefer the luncheon. It is always a fantastic meal, the best of the cruise.We skip dinner that night or sometimes hit the buffet for small salad.

+1 We let the host/hostess know in advance of our allergies/dietary constraints, and then they prepare us a special lunch that far exceeds our expectations.

Edited by TwoBadKnees

What photo?, on our last b to b on the Crowe in April they had two cocktail parties. We went to the first one expecting a photo as usual. No photo, not much of anything. We were excorted to a table for two, server took drink order and servers brought items arround. We stayed for 15 minutes and left. Talked to only one person the furture crusie person who came to our table. The second leg of our b to b we did not go.

What photo?, on our last b to b on the Crowe in April they had two cocktail parties. We went to the first one expecting a photo as usual. No photo, not much of anything. We were excorted to a table for two, server took drink order and servers brought items arround. We stayed for 15 minutes and left. Talked to only one person the furture crusie person who came to our table. The second leg of our b to b we did not go.

We have had photos at the luncheon but don't recall the cocktail party.

We have had so few.

Maybe. :confused:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

+1 We let the host/hostess know in advance of our allergies/dietary constraints, and then they prepare us a special lunch that far exceeds our expectations.

The invitation for the luncheon has space to indicate any dietary requirements. My wife is allergic to shellfish. Usually the appetizer has shellfish, so she is brought an alternative.

The invitation for the luncheon has space to indicate any dietary requirements. My wife is allergic to shellfish. Usually the appetizer has shellfish, so she is brought an alternative.

In our case notifying them in advance, instead of being brought an alternative, host/hostess asks us what we would like served for appetizer, entree and dessert.

Edited by TwoBadKnees

For our recent cocktail party there was a picture taken of us with the Captain when we first entered Skywalkers.

For our recent cocktail party there was a picture taken of us with the Captain when we first entered Skywalkers.

Thats what I was thinking.

We had the same photo experience however with the Coral's cocktail party it was in the Card Room. They removed the tables and only kept a couple of chairs along one short section of the wall so it wasn't very comfortable. Our only experiences with MTP events have been on weeklong cruise to Alaska & have always been cocktail parties.

Maybe one day we'll get lucky and get invited to a lunch although the more days we sail the further away we get from the cutoff. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

On first Alaska cruise on Golden it was a cocktail party and they got a keepsake photo taken with the capt. I did not get an invite and never expect to. Most traveled had 619 days, I am probably the Elite with fewest number of days on any cruise as I have more cruises than days (suites add up fast). Seadeck2

On first Alaska cruise on Golden it was a cocktail party and they got a keepsake photo taken with the capt. I did not get an invite and never expect to. Most traveled had 619 days, I am probably the Elite with fewest number of days on any cruise as I have more cruises than days (suites add up fast). Seadeck2

Last summer in Alaska on the Coral Princess the most traveled had over 1300 days; another time in Alaska someone with 275 days was #3.

We had the same photo experience however with the Coral's cocktail party it was in the Card Room. They removed the tables and only kept a couple of chairs along one short section of the wall so it wasn't very comfortable. Our only experiences with MTP events have been on weeklong cruise to Alaska & have always been cocktail parties.

Maybe one day we'll get lucky and get invited to a lunch although the more days we sail the further away we get from the cutoff. :p

Only been to 3 cocktail parties, 2 in the card room and 1 in Skywalkers.

The rest have been luncheons.

Only been to 3 cocktail parties, 2 in the card room and 1 in Skywalkers.

The rest have been luncheons.

That's great that you've had so many luncheons...I'm 0 for 3 and envious! ;)

We have nearly 350 days but I've stopped asking the Captain's Circle rep if we made the cut off...their laughter is demoralizing! :p With most of our cruises being long ones there are so many others with many more days than us.

Edited by Astro Flyer

That's great that you've had so many luncheons...I'm 0 for 3 and envious! ;)

We have nearly 350 days but I've stopped asking the Captain's Circle rep if we made the cut off...their laughter is demoralizing! :p With most of our cruises being long ones there are so many others with many more days than us.

Last month on the Crown 7 day Mexican we were the last two (#39 & 40) to make the cut with 328 days. Number 1 couple had over 1400 day and 2 and 3 both had over 1000 days.

Couple years ago on the Golden to Alaska (RT Seattle route), we made the MT cocktail party with 107 days. It took a second reading of the invitation to realize that it wasn't talking about the regular captain's circle party because we'd never expected it. Outside the waiters, I think we were the youngest in the room by about 20 years :). I honestly don't expect to make another one any time soon.

Couple years ago on the Golden to Alaska (RT Seattle route), we made the MT cocktail party with 107 days. It took a second reading of the invitation to realize that it wasn't talking about the regular captain's circle party because we'd never expected it. Outside the waiters, I think we were the youngest in the room by about 20 years :). I honestly don't expect to make another one any time soon.

Our first most traveled invitation also came on an Alaska cruise, we were still Platinum, too. We really enjoyed the event. Since then we have been fortunate to keep sailing, and to "make the cut" more often than not these days. It was a while until we got our second invitation.....but worth the wait.

We had over 260 days before we made it the first time, and did on the next cruise, too, and then not until we were in the high 300s. Even last winter, with over 500 days, we missed it one time. In the Caribbean. :eek: Part of the fun is the game of it- "Will we or won't we?" - and I suspect that, once it's pretty much a given, it will lose some of its allure.

The interesting thing is that we made it every time two winters ago (11 cruises), but, if we had had the same number of days this winter, we wouldn't have made it even once. As DH say, "We're cruising hard, but they're cruising harder", and the numbers are going up significantly year over year.

The interesting thing is that we made it every time two winters ago (11 cruises), but, if we had had the same number of days this winter, we wouldn't have made it even once. As DH say, "We're cruising hard, but they're cruising harder", and the numbers are going up significantly year over year.

Isn't that the truth...the more days I sail the further away I get from another invitation. ;) While that would be a nice bonus, the best "perk" is being able to sail as many days as possible. :D

It is always a question we asked when we are going to sail, do you think we will make the MTP?

It really is surprising some times that we do or that we don't. Now when we do Alaska it is usually a yes. But our recent South America cruise we would of been laughed out of the room because all MTP qualifiers had 800 days or more.

We love the ten day Caribbean and one year we made it to both on our back to back. Last year we did 30 days and we qualified for the first one then not the second nor the third. But on the day of the party on the third sailing the CC host called our cabin to say they had two cancellations and we now qualified. My hubby said we were busy and couldn't attend. Felt bad, but we did have plans and it just doesn't fee the same if we were seconds :p. Note all three parties were cocktail parties and the host had been concerned about not enough people (or at least that is what they told us later).

We are doing 30 days again on the ten day Caribbean next year on the Royal but I have a feeling we won't qualify at all this year because of the "new" ship doing this itinerary will bring seasoned cruisers. Guess I will just have to have my own cocktail party on the aft. Care to join us :eek:

Then on our recent shorter cruise we were number 4, go figure.

Like Jeannie said I have a feeling when we start to qualify more often it will loose it's lustre. And I really don't want that to happen. We love being recognized no matter what they do for us, luncheon, cocktail party, or dinner for two at specialty restaurant.

We have found when you are in about the 300 range, good chance for Panama Canal full transit, Alaska, and 7 day Caribbean. We made it on all of those. When it comes to longer cruises, not a chance for us.

West coast cruises not in the cards for us either. The big time cruisers stay on for several cruises at a time.