Oasis of the Seas – a Photographic Study (over 100 ship pictures)

Fun post-dry dock trivia from our cruise director, Drew Devine regarding signage all over the ship. His hint was "the error is right and wrong at the same time."

NO SPOILERS IF YOU SEE IT! [emoji2]

Found it! That is a pretty bad mistake not to be caught before producing the new signage and installing them.

it is actually pretty funny.

Yes funny but should not have happened in my eyes and I am sure in the eyes of RC executives.

I would bet more than 10 people looked at proofs before it was printed and someone after. Should not have happened.

Edited by Chris Copeman

Found it! That is a pretty bad mistake not to be caught before producing the new signage and installing them.

Yes funny but should not have happened in my eyes and I am sure in the eyes of RC executives.

I would bet more than 10 people looked at proofs before it was printed and someone after. Should not have happened.

Those aren't printed signs. :rolleyes:

It's a simple software fix to update those to the correct wording. Granted, it shouldn't have gone live with the error, but still...

So true. Would almost rather be in warmer climes to enjoy "my" lounger at the Beach Pool but enjoying this experience regardless.

I'll add one more big thank you from everyone who is going to cruise Oasis in the future. I'll add I've enjoyed seeing the GPS pictures of where the ship is now.

If that's the worst thing that goes wrong, RC execs will rejoice. :p

Most people will never notice. And, it's good for trivia.

Awesome pictures! :) We will be on the Oasis Jan 3rd :D so I've been curious at the changes and have been reading your review with great interest.

Have one question -- If you get a chance, can you find out if Izumi will be hibachi cooking? I'm curious if they are doing away with the stone cooking.

Thanks

Gail

MisterMom I am really enjoying your pictures and appreciate you doing this during your vacation.

Did the ship depart at 7:00 PM in Southampton? If so, what time was the muster drill? I am on the sailing after this one and our roll call is trying to figure out the muster drill time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Could be they worded it that way so people will think nothing of it when they start charging admission!;):p;)
I must have looked at that 20 times before my brain caught on. Just goes to show that my brain told me what I was expecting to see, even though my eyes saw something else. :)

I must have looked at that 20 times before my brain caught on. Just goes to show that my brain told me what I was expecting to see, even though my eyes saw something else. :)

Same thing for me! I was actually starting to feel pretty stupid since others seemed to catch it right away.

Same thing for me! I was actually starting to feel pretty stupid since others seemed to catch it right away.

Believe me, it took a while. I kept going back and forth between the signs and the deck plans!:o

Hello all and greetings from Vigo. It was a busy day so I've been delayed in posting. With all the time changes, I've had difficulty adjusting and my sleep patterns are all off.

We booked a tour through the ship for today (a bus tour of Vigo and another little town I can't begin to spell) so we were rushing to get out of the room.

It's finally sunny and "warm" (about 70°F but windy) so the outside decks are finally getting some use. I, myself, am finally in shorts!

603f8c253b7fe50b9b7553a9d3cd7239.jpg

Obviously, I'm at the port Flow Rider appreciating those with more skill (and guts) than I.

0943a765a7c6f79d74fb5e9a19720b65.jpg

Here are a couple port views. Very pretty. Has the feel of St. Thomas.

50101b91b8cbfdb93b77c80d460d0c7c.jpg

47dec351b9b0004493a7ad1ddf76dba7.jpg

I did not realize till last night ( courtesy of my DH) that you had a live thread going so please forgive the many Facebook questions and comments. So excited to see pictures of the refurbishments. The Diamond Lounge does look very inviting. I still am upset that the symbol of RCCL ships a.k.a. the VCL has been redesigned. I do like the fact that the Windjammer has been enlarged.

I look forward to your opinion of which of Lady O's look you prefer.

Enjoy the crossing and glad y'all are finally having some "cruisin weather". Tell D we are enjoy the cruise with you via technology.