Worried about bad reviews SILHOUETTE!

bicky

Agree, we were on the Silhouette last March and enjoyed it so much have booked again for next March.....no complaints from us;)

Same here, except our next cruise on the Silhouette is February, 2015.

We haven't cruised as much as many people on these boards, but we've sailed on five different lines and found the Silhouette, and Celebrity in general, to be our best experience by far.

I will do, thank you. Enjoyed it so much 2 years ago that would b so disappointed if it had lost its sparkle. Looks like my concerns are unfounded. Thank goodness.

We're thinking of taking the Silhouette New Year's cruise to celebrate our 30th anniversary. If it's half as good as the Summit, we'd be happy! We love the Agua class benefits, especially the BLU.

We just got off of the silhouette 7 day carribean cruise in april and had a wonderful time. It was actually our second carribean cruise on the silhouette. Of all the cruise lines and ships we have been on the silhouette is our favorite! In fact, were booking the silhouette for a summer mediteranean cruise .. I couldn't find one fault with it and I can be picky, especially when it comes to service, and food:)

We are booked on the Silhouette in October in the Mediterranean out of Rome. Have been on the Eclipse and Equniox, not my favorite class of ship. Regardless we like the itineary and even though there are things we don't like on these ships, there is still plenty to enjoy.

We enjoy the buffet over the MDR, we booked a IB cabin since all cabins about the same, saved money over a CC or AQ class cabin. The money we saved we will spend in port.

In the Mediterranean a ship is simply a floating hotel and X and the Silhouette easily fills this need.

Go enjoy it, check it out for yourself.

I have sailed twice on the Silhouette and IMO the ship is beautiful, food very good and the service excellent. My last cruise on Silhouette was in November and, except for the Reflection, I think it is Celebrity's best. So enjoy the cruise and dont worry.

Or you could always book Oceania or Regent and pay three times as much for a shorter cruise, that is your choice.:D

Right after I "discovered" CC, we had a cruise booked on HAL Zandaam. I read everything I could find about the cruise. By the time we got on the ship, I was so discouraged by what I had read; I was convinced that we would have a miserable time. We had a great time. The cruise was terrific. Service was fabulous. Food was very good, etc., etc.. So, now I read the reviews and consider that each person has different expectations from a vacation and they may not be the same as mine. Usually, there are as many good as bad reviews. We cannot pay the amount we do in cruise fares and expect 5 star food and fabulous service. (Sometimes the service is fabulous. Sometimes the food approaches 4 stars.) However, IMHO, cruising is the best vacation value out there, and we (DH and I) feel as though X does a very good job. We have never been disappointed by the X product.

Moral of the story -- don't let other people ruin your vacation. See for yourself.

Just my two cents.

Ohiodoglover

We'll be sailing on the Silhouette in September and am really looking forward to it. I take reviews (cruises, hotels, restaurants, etc.) with a grain of salt. Everyone's experience is personal to them. I put more stock in a well rounded review (the good, the bad, and the ugly). Also, you never know who wrote the review - was it a competitor? Go on your cruise and enjoy it. When you return we would like to read your well rounded review.

We just returned from the eastern med cruise of Italy and the greek isles. Just got off the boat on Friday. I can say whole-heartedly that the ship is beautiful, food was great, staff was fantastic. We were on the ship for 12 days and I cannot think of one negative to say. The ship never felt crowded, the staff always had a sincere smile and greeting. Loved the spacious cabin, bath and shower. Excellent bartenders at all the venues, especially the martini bar, Peter and the other bartenders were always great at keeping the fun going.

In my opinion, anyone who can find fault with this ship is looking entirely too hard or has incredibly high expectations. It boils down to this simple fact, your on vacation, make the most of it. The ship has everything you need to have fun, it's up to you to take advantage of everything on offer.

No, I went and read the last two reviews you are probably talking about; however, there are a ton of reviews that give the ship 5 stars. Every ship, restaurant, hotel whether 1 star to 5 star can get bad reviews. Reviews are highly subjective and there is absolutely no verification here on Cruisecritic that authenticated these reviews. I'm never been on the Silhouette (although I been on many Celebrity and other lines) however, I can go and write a bad review of the Silhouette and make you believe it is true. I'm not saying bad reviews aren't legit, but I take the best reviews and worst reviews and throw them out, but I do read them. ***I use the objective middle of the road reviews to evaluate a ship and crew.*** As far as standards deteriorated unfortunately this has happen on all cruise lines and ships. How it effects the overall cruise experience depends highly on your expectation and wants. You might not experience anything but great things. Cruise fares are so low that you can't always expect 5 star food and service anymore; but it won't be all that bad (well to most people). Those cruisers that want luxury are going to have to upgrade and pay $$$ on lines that offer that type of cruise product they want. You and only you can determine if something meets to expectations. My best advise is to keep your expectation "real" and go with an open mind. It might not be a bad as some reviewer write about it. Come back after your cruise and let us know your opinion.

Do not believe everything you read. IMO the Silhouette is probably Celebrity's best ship. We love the service, the speciality restaurants, the cabins- especially the Sky Suites- but all are great! Perhaps a couple of people ordered something in the MDR that they didn't like. You can always ask for something else- so somebodies negative experience dosen't represent eveybodies opinion. Enjoy your cruise! You will love it!

Thank you. Just want it to be as good as two years ago, enjoyed it so much did not want to go on any other ship.

We really like Silho,. Our last two Celeb cruises were on her abt a yr apart

We enjoyed AQ and Blu both times...and also pool areas, aft bar area, Ensemble lounge, passport bar area, and Cafe Baccio

.. Biggest change was on the last of the two...as we boarded a very loud DJ played in the reception area and this music along w/a banging drummer were featured frequently in the main atrium...really not very pleasant. Also loud pre recorded music was featured all over the ship second time around..

we would still enjoy Silho but now have more strategies to avoid the loud music ! Ironically, on the first Silho cruise we enjoyed the professional DJ n the club near the theater and upstairs...he had great playlists and variety..

have heard sounds are toned down recently

would not hesitate to go back on Silho...even with some of the changes...and maybe by the time you board things will be perfect for you again!

I just went and read those last three reviews (two 3 star, one 2 star) and also noted that the 3 or 4 prior to those were 4 and 5 star.

The 2 star one is obviously a regular here who went on board that ship fully expecting terrible things and went out of his way to find them.

I really don't know what to say, but honestly I would avoid these forums until you leave and then go with an open mind and the intention of enjoying yourself.

We are just back from the Eclipse TA and I read all the drama here about activities staff cut-backs and how the food standards have dropped and the music deafens you constantly, blah blah so I was hyper aware of those things. We had a great time!!!!

But it also depends what you want out of your cruise? I want relaxation, good food, interesting places and smiling faces. I found all of those.

It really does depend on what you are looking for in a cruise. I usually only read the reviews to see the various pictures of the ship to see what it looks like and to get a feel for it. I rarely pay any attention to what people have to say about the ship. Enjoyment on a cruise is quite subjective and hard to gauge. If you're looking for negative things or have negative thoughts, chances are that you will hone in on those and that's all you will notice. Doing that allows all the good things, fun times and great memories to slip by.

All that to say, my wife and I were on the Silhouette in April and had a great time. We only care about good food, relaxation and getting to spend time with each other. As long as we do that, we're good!

• 2 weeks later...

The recent sub-par Silhouette reviews seem to involve a combination of new/inexperienced staff onboard (service), a slight decline in the MDR (food), and lack of entertainment (doesn't seem to ever have been Celebrity's strong suit).

I hope Celebrity listens to complaints and realizes that we would rather pay a higher fare than experience across the board cuts, especially in food.