Crown & Anchor Party

Is it worth going to? What is it like? Thanks!

It seems to vary a lot. If you haven't been to one before, you should at least try it once. Some find it worth it, others don't. Only you can decide if it is worth it to you. We usually go. At the least, you can have a free drink or two.

Obviously makes for a more spectacular show as short people, would take longer to reach the bottom and return to the surface!

Unless they raise the floor in the pool, then stay clear of the splash zone, would be my advice!:)

Hello. I will be going on my second cruise and I am a C&A member. This will be the first cruise for my husband and girls. We they be able to come to the party with me?

You should contact C&A by phone well before the cruise and get your husband linked to your C&A account. Make sure his new C&A number is on the cruise booking. Then he will be gold for the cruise too, and be listed on the invitation. I believe the children have to cruise once in order to be linked with you.

Edited by clarea

On our last cruise the C&A "party" was really lame. Tasteless canapes, lousy drinks, and the whole thing was about awarding two cruisers (one male, one female) that each had a gazillion cruises each, with giant baskets of goodies. (One was that guy who basically lives on RCCL ships). They must get these baskets on every cruise because no one could possibly have more cruises than they had. And that was it, no love for anyone else. Personally, I don't think I'll waste cruise time going to any more of these gatherings.

Anyway, that was my experience.

On our last cruise the C&A "party" was really lame. Tasteless canapes, lousy drinks, and the whole thing was about awarding two cruisers (one male, one female) that each had a gazillion cruises each, with giant baskets of goodies. (One was that guy who basically lives on RCCL ships). They must get these baskets on every cruise because no one could possibly have more cruises than they had. And that was it, no love for anyone else. Personally, I don't think I'll waste cruise time going to any more of these gatherings.

Anyway, that was my experience.

The usual winners with Zillions of points

Were they

1. Super Mario (RCCL give him his own office on the ship)

Or

2. The two Guys from Spain (who board in May and get off the following June)

Agree regarding the drinks. On first (and last) visit, my SIL asked for a G&T and it would appear they just waved the gin bottle over the glass:D

Went once, never again, too crowded and hardly anywhere to sit, appalling cheap drinks and nibbles. Stay in the CL or DL.

I think it was "Super Mario". There was an article on Cruise Critic about him shortly before we left and so I recognized him. If I remember correctly, the female winner was someone who had just made Pinnacle.

I think it was "Super Mario". There was an article on Cruise Critic about him shortly before we left and so I recognized him. If I remember correctly, the female winner was someone who had just made Pinnacle.

Off the record, what I would live to see is the ship recognise first timers. Give the newbies some applause from C&A members and a small token gift. :D

I would probably go to this type of gathering.:D

The Zillions have done it too many times and are probably totally bored with the whole thing, along with the officers and crew.

Just my opinion:D

We just did our first C&A party on Oasis this last week. All they offered, to my knowledge was coffee and pastries (meet & greet was at 11am). It was held in a bar (Dazzles) so there was a bar tender but I did not get the sense drinks were complimentary.

We're cruising RC for the first time in July. I activated a C&A account online, but obviously have no points on it. Will I still be invited to the C&A party? How about any other C&A perks?

You normally cannot be a member of C&A until after your first cruise on Royal. An exception would be if you have some minimum status on Celebrity.

Are you sure you have a C&A number, and not just a "My Cruises" account on the website? If you have a C&A number, and it's on your booking, then you should be invited.

We just did our first C&A party on Oasis this last week. All they offered, to my knowledge was coffee and pastries (meet & greet was at 11am). It was held in a bar (Dazzles) so there was a bar tender but I did not get the sense drinks were complimentary.

The C&A party being discussed is not the meet and greet. It is usually held after first seating dinner about 7:45 and before final seating dinner, it is for return cruisers with a Crown and Anchor number, it's sort of like frequent "flyer/cruiser" miles perks.

You should contact C&A by phone well before the cruise and get your husband linked to your C&A account. Make sure his new C&A number is on the cruise booking. Then he will be gold for the cruise too, and be listed on the invitation. I believe the children have to cruise once in order to be linked with you.

The girls most certainly can go with you.

Sorry that I have such a wimpy message count for being on the boards for only 13 years! ;)

Thanks for the info!!

Why don't they ask all the new members of C & A to stand up for recognition, then the other levels (for members who have just reached these levels). I know we got a glass block with BOS on our 140th cruise (left in our cabin). While I don't need recognition for that, it would have been nice if they were given out at the C & A party for others to see (that they could get one after the right number of cruises). Pinnacle seems so far out of reach for many (including me).

I, too. have cruised with the gay couple from Spain. I enjoyed cruising with them. Their outfits were outrageously good! You could tell they enjoyed both the attention and the cruising experience. They were on AOS. Wish I could afford their bling! Liberace lives in these gentlemen.

Why don't they ask all the new members of C & A to stand up for recognition, then the other levels (for members who have just reached these levels). I know we got a glass block with BOS on our 140th cruise (left in our cabin). While I don't need recognition for that, it would have been nice if they were given out at the C & A party for others to see (that they could get one after the right number of cruises). Pinnacle seems so far out of reach for many (including me).

On one of our recent cruises they awarded the glass blocks at the Top tier C & A party. It was nice to see who got them.

On the Enchantment a couple of weeks ago, there was no C&A party. Guest Services told me that he assumed it was because there were over 900 members on board.

We did the Voyager Singapore-Sydney repo last Oct. There were more than 1200 C&A members & the party was held in the theatre. The upper tier event (our 1st) was in Cleopatras & was crowded. Highlight(?) was the obnoxious woman who ear beat DW complaining about everything - she needed an 'I CRUISE TO WHINGE' shirt :D

On the Enchantment a couple of weeks ago, there was no C&A party. Guest Services told me that he assumed it was because there were over 900 members on board.

I believe Enchantment only has a top tier (Platinum and above) party now.

We go to the so called top tier event to meet and mingle, but most important is get updated on any RCL news. This past Feb. they rolled out their new itineraries. They had a dog & pony show in the theatre and lo and behold the entire schedule that they presented went basically out the window in the following 2 months. Don't believe everything they tall you. LOL

EG. Quantum to China instead of NJ.