Carnival Wish List

SoCalKJ

I searched for an existing similar topic, but couldn't find one. Anyhoo....I was thinking about things that would make my cruise experience better and thought I'd reopen a topic for others to make requests/post ideas (hint, hint John Heald...LOL!).

I wouldn't mind, for an additional fee of say $1/minute, sitting on a lounger on either the Serenity or the Lido Deck and enjoying a foot massage. I know Carnival would have to employ a ton more skilled therapists, but...hey...I can dream, right?

Speaking of massages, I'd love to see those Lazy Boy-esque massage chairs stationed around the ship where people can just throw in their S&S card and select a time option for a nominal fee (this, of course, for those who don't want a stranger's hands on their bodies).

For those who like those quick 10-minute rejuvenating hands-on chair massages, that would be cool, too...those little chairs with massage techs in different stations of the ship...same deal...10 minutes for 15 bucks or whatever...

I'd love to see the buffet open longer during the day....even if it's JUST the salad bar.

I'd love (FOR ONCE) pizza to be ready ALL THE TIME...because experience has shown that even the most disgusting combo doesn't last when people are starving.

I'm sure I'll think of more....but, what are yours?

Better coffee, that's all I ask for. Yes, its has gotten better over the past couple years, but really, what would it take to just upgrade to mainstream Folgers or Maxwell house.

dk

I'm with you on those foot massages and mini back massages. Heck they have them at the mall. 3 or 4 chairs on the Lido deck would be full all the time. I'd do it at least once a day at $20 for 10 minutes.. I also love massage chairs at the airport etc. I'd bet a couple of those at each Fun Hub would work or in some of the slower areas of the ship.

I'd also like some hot food on the room service menu. Oh yeah and how about a serve yourself Coke station for those who have endless bubbles? Scan your S&S card and fill your glass. Fountain soft drinks are cheap. I'll bet lots cheaper than canned soft drinks wholesale.

I know its all just wishful thinking.

I'm with you on those foot massages and mini back massages. Heck they have them at the mall. 3 or 4 chairs on the Lido deck would be full all the time. I'd do it at least once a day at $20 for 10 minutes.. I also love massage chairs at the airport etc. I'd bet a couple of those at each Fun Hub would work or in some of the slower areas of the ship.

I'd also like some hot food on the room service menu. Oh yeah and how about a serve yourself Coke station for those who have endless bubbles? Scan your S&S card and fill your glass. Fountain soft drinks are cheap. I'll bet lots cheaper than canned soft drinks wholesale.

Great ideas!

I'm sure the full-on massage therapists might feel threatened by potential client loss, but how many 50 or 70-minute massages can ONE therapist actually do in any given day considering there are over TWO THOUSAND GUESTS ONBOARD?? I won't pay the exorbitant amount for what's usually a flimsy hour-long massage (when I can sometimes pay $20/hour in So Cal), but I will throw down for a quick, fully-clothed rejuvenation. :p

Great ideas!

I'm sure the full-on massage therapists might feel threatened by potential client loss, but how many 50 or 70-minute massages can ONE therapist actually do in any given day considering there are over TWO THOUSAND GUESTS ONBOARD?? I won't pay the exorbitant amount for what's usually a flimsy hour-long massage (when I can sometimes pay $20/hour in So Cal), but I will throw down for a quick, fully-clothed rejuvenation. :p

I would think they could rotate those massage therapists so everyone would have a day or shift at mini back massages. I'll never pay their exhorbatant prices for a full body massage again. I could get one per week for a month for what I paid for just one on the ship.

Different itineraries out of Galveston for the 5 day cruises. I mean, I have NO idea what other itineraries they COULD do but I have a feeling that going to Progreso and Cozumel is going to get old quick. ):

I've researched the other lines that sail out of Houston/Galveston/New Orleans (the closest ports to us...6 hrs for Houston/Galveston, 8 for N.O.) and they just don't have 5 day sailings the way Carnival does. It's hard for my hubby to get more than 5-6 days off work at a time as it is. Asking for 7+ days off, unless it was an emergency or something like that? Yeah. Not happening. ): As it is, when he's off for ONE day on his normal day off they fall apart without him.

I just cruised Disney and one of the few things that I thought was worth the price premium was the "wave phone." Two cordless phones in the room plus a wired phone. You could take them with you all over the ship. Give one to your kids,etc. Calling, texting and voicemail capabilities with any one in any stateroom on the ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by amyh13

i would like to just get rid of the bottomless bubbles and charge everyone a couple dollars more and just let everyone have free soda. Like someone said, fountain soda is cheap. I like those soda machines that have a ton of different flavors. Those are really cool..

I would like to see a Guys Burgers, a Blue Iguana & a Thirsty Frog Pub on ALL the ships we only take the cruises out of LA & those ships don't have any of those. :( I would love to try some of their food. Also I would love it if they could offer both the old way & new way they do pizza. I loved their De Chèvre pizza. My favorite pizza I have ever had. Now I can't ever have it again cause they don't offer it any more. :( I have tried to make at home, but it is just not the same. It use to be my embarkation meal first thing I would get is the De Chèvre pizza & a Fun Ship to drink for lunch. Also another thing I would really love if they could offer the Lobster Raviolis as a starter in the steakhouse. On my last cruise for our 20th Anniversary I asked if I could get them as a starter & they asked the chef & he said no, so why not. :(

California coastal cruises. Buffet open longer. More pineapple, cherries, and grapes in the mixed fruits. Creme caramel on the room service menu. Light jazz in the atrium at dinner time. No more electronica music booming (at least lower the sound levels)

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

I would like to see a Guys Burgers, a Blue Iguana & a Thirsty Frog Pub on ALL the ships we only take the cruises out of LA & those ships don't have any of those. :( I would love to try some of their food. Also I would love it if they could offer both the old way & new way they do pizza. I loved their De Chèvre pizza. My favorite pizza I have ever had. Now I can't ever have it again cause they don't offer it any more. :( I have tried to make at home, but it is just not the same. It use to be my embarkation meal first thing I would get is the De Chèvre pizza & a Fun Ship to drink for lunch. Also another thing I would really love if they could offer the Lobster Raviolis as a starter in the steakhouse. On my last cruise for our 20th Anniversary I asked if I could get them as a starter & they asked the chef & he said no, so why not. :(

i'd want better wifi options. Not based on minutes used. These days work or fun i want to be able to post to Facebook or iMessage a friend even when "on vacation"

Part of why i don't go on cruises more is being out of touch that long is a big turn off to me.

Because the few children who are on there, totally un supervised , would do to them what they do to the Ice Cream Stations. make a mess on purpose. If it was in the middle of the Lido Restaurant. Where everyone could see them. O.K. But what about at night? Think of the deviltry they could come up with.

I love kids. have one of my own. Have a toddler grand daughter., Dote on them both. Know what even the best kids can do when unsupervised and in a group of other kids. Been there. Seen that. Taught school for decades.

Would love to see a ship with 2.0 upgrades sail out of NYC. With competition from the Breakaway and soon Quantum, hopefully it will happen.

^ second that.

Also:

Extend juice to lunch and afternoon

More affordable drink package. ~3 prepaid drinks for each day of the cruise

Adult game rooms ie. pool, darts, etc

Better nighttime chocolate

:mad: no smoking